“Family fun forever!”

Royal Canadian Motel
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been coming here since I was a little girl with my parents! They have a pool which is open late compared to every other place around! Kids love the putt putt golf! They room we stayed in had our own table out front the room which was awesome. U can stay up later and have a good time and u don't hAve to worry about getting told to be quiet as most vacationers are enjoying themselves as well! If U are ready for bed the rooms are quiet so u won't hear anyone outside if u don't want too! Bathrooms are tiny but who cares u are on the best boardwalk n beach around. Why do u care what the bathroom is like? Shower toilet n sink are there n clean! If Ur a high class stuck up person stay away as this is a family fun friendly place full of people enjoying themselves and if I'm in wildwood I'm at the royal Canadian! Only bad thing is elevator is always hot like no ventilation but I never really used it anyway!

Room Tip: Room 224 overlooks everything and u have your own balcony and table!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

RoOm was small and dingy. A/c was either to cold or to hot could not get comfortable. Beds sunk in the middle and were small. Wouldn't suggest 2 adults to sleep in one together. Was not impressed, basically it was just a place to rest our heads. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Manniengsmom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is nasty. The rooms don't look nothing like they do online. The carpets, couches, and floors look dirty. Missing tiles out of the bathroom. Broken microwave that door doesnt close. Couple rooms down from us found BED BUGS and had to leave. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. it's A DUMP!

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank bphillip0504
Reviewed August 18, 2012

staff cleaning all the time grills for cooking very clean plenty of towels staff very helpfull & nice
great location rooms very clean pool very nice short walk to boardwalk and rides we had
our two small grandkids with us and this location was great for us i would recomend this
motel to any one great for familys im sure you can find a cheaper motel but as they say
you get what you pay for and this one is worth the little extra money

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Like most of the other hotels in Wildwood, the Royal Canadian is a little outdated. But the rooms are clean and the location is great! The staff are family friendly and ready to assist in any way they can. The pool was sparkling clean and the pool area has lots of lounge chairs. There are a couple of grills and tables and chairs also. A small laundry area, ice machine and vending machines also near the pool area. Tuckers Irish Pub is directly across the street and offers delicious food at a great price. One block from boardwalk right in between 2 of the piers.

Room Tip: Rooms over the parking lot can get noisy - especially if a car alarm goes off! 2nd level rooms on e...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Made reservations for 4 poeple including myself my boyfriend and 2 kids..for a room that was made for 6 people. At the last minute my son (10 years old) decided he wanted to come too. When we go to the hotel to register they asked how many people i told them 3 kids/2 adults. I was told that i would be charged a extra 13$ for my son... so now after paying well over 250.00 for one night i was adding a addtional 13$ for my child to stay with us in a room fit for 6..So now I figure what ever it is $13.00, noit a huge deal just move on and have a good time.

We go up to our room to find it stuffy and hot..so we turned on the air opend the bedroom door so the air traveled into the front room. I go to turn on the TV .. it doesn't work. My boyfriend goes downstairs and asked twice over maybe 5 hours that they send someone up to fix it.. NOONE EVER SHOWS.. At this point Iam alittle annoyed. I go down to the office and again tell them the TV needs to be fixed and we need more towels.. please.. All I got was a OK then the ladies at the front desk went back to what they were doing as if i werent stanidng there.AGAIN no one shows up to fix the TV or bring more towels........They may seem like little issues to some but for what I paid for one night i expected better service. I will never stay here again nor will i recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I would not rent any room here again !
4  Thank 701dawnp701
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were looking for a last minute long weekend stay and found this place after looking at many sold-outs. I was happy to see on their web site they have updated all rooms in 2012-so I always like that and it is 1 block from boardwalk. The web site also has diagrams of the rooms. We were 2 adults and two sons, 20 and 17-so the 2 bedroom suite was great for us. Some reviews are negative-mostly due to what I read as not knowing what Wildwood is all about. Most of the lodging places are family-owned, independant so you won't find big name chains here. Most places are circa: 1950-1970, that is the charm of the place. No granite bathrooms or luxury bathrobes. If you have a group going together this place has several floors, some with larger balconies with tables if you like to picnic or party. You can smoke outside of your room, nice if you like a cigar at the end of a sunny day. Leave the back room door open to keep room cool, The rooms are not huge,but very clean, nice service.Come to Wildwood and support the small businesses there.

Room Tip: Close to boardwalk & beach with parking.
2  Thank 101Maryt101