“Great location & nice for extended families”

Royal Canadian Motel
Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great location & nice for extended families”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were looking for a last minute long weekend stay and found this place after looking at many sold-outs. I was happy to see on their web site they have updated all rooms in 2012-so I always like that and it is 1 block from boardwalk. The web site also has diagrams of the rooms. We were 2 adults and two sons, 20 and 17-so the 2 bedroom suite was great for us. Some reviews are negative-mostly due to what I read as not knowing what Wildwood is all about. Most of the lodging places are family-owned, independant so you won't find big name chains here. Most places are circa: 1950-1970, that is the charm of the place. No granite bathrooms or luxury bathrobes. If you have a group going together this place has several floors, some with larger balconies with tables if you like to picnic or party. You can smoke outside of your room, nice if you like a cigar at the end of a sunny day. Leave the back room door open to keep room cool, The rooms are not huge,but very clean, nice service.Come to Wildwood and support the small businesses there.

Room Tip: Close to boardwalk & beach with parking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 101Maryt101

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just got home last night, family of 6, four day weekend, Very clean room, pool and grilling area, staff totally awesome, pool with kiddie pool attached was great, no problems at all perfect , you can walk so many places, will recommend and go back, we were right in front of pool first floor , easy access

1 Thank Lisa T
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am a business traveler and spend a lot of time in up scale Marriott's. If this is what you are use to, then you will probably not be happy with these accommodations. The room we were assigned reminded me of the late 1970's. The bathroom is small the the air conditioner is a potable unit in the wall. Our room did not smell particularly fresh upon our arrival, but I brought it to the attention of the staff and they fixed it. The remote to the TV did work and they fixed it. I was happy to see they scrubbed the pool and the grills daily. It has a convenient location to the boardwalk and restaurants. I would recommend this place to "groups" because if it was just my family in a small room, I would probably have had a different experience. We spent a good amount of time hanging out in the "common" areas of the motel. If you can get past the fact it is not a luxury resort, then it is fine.

2 Thank JennE1101
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was here twice in the past 2 months and it was clean and the people were friendly, i would definately recommend it to a friend.I had alot of fun there and i will be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here cause of the location and the web made it seem nicer than it really is. The continental breakfast is coffee and some kind of donuts. The icemachine didn't work. The other guests were ghetto using the pool and grills all day as if this was a luxury hotel. Also the rackety elevator was out of order for 3 of our 5 days there. The maid service was rude. Our maid knocked on the door at 9am when I said we would be out in about an hour I was told he couldn't come back because he had other rooms to do. The parking lot is horrible. This is supposed to be a non smoking motel, but everyone including staff is smoking constantly. Stay away unless you like vacations around rude ghetto people.

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank twinsmomplus2

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

potts
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just returned today from our two night stay. Stayed in room 211 very spacious room with extremely cold air!!!!!!!!!! Room was also very clean and no dirty or musty smell. Pool was very well taken care of crystal blue water. Plenty of propane grills to grill your food. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. They offer coffee and danish for breakfast in the am from Licios Bakery.Fantastic place for families. The only con just like most of all the other motels there in the Wildwoods is the super tight parking. I would definitely return without any doubt. Motel was in the best location within walking distance to everything. Boardwalk and beach was 1 1/2 blocks away.

Room Tip: 202 room air conditioning not cold. My mom was in that room. Plenty of BBQ grills to cook your food...
2 Thank fred R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This year I wanted to take my children out just for a over nighter when we reached wildwood we tried for another hotel right across the road and the customer service was crap they act like they didnt even want us there we got to the royal Canadian and was welcomed with a warm smile which was wonderful we were escorted to our room my children met friends had a ball n the pool this place is also located 1 block away from the boardwalk which was excellent for me i was able to park my car and enjoy the walk I love this place and the people who run are great clean good space I would reccomend this place with 5 stars !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family