Marlane Motel
Fountain Motel(Wildwood)
Oceanic Hotel(Wildwood)
Daytona Inn(Wildwood)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerboogie boardsowners christennis equipmentacross the streetevery morningnext yearplace to stayrite aidmany yearsshort walkbest kept secretfeel like familylong weekendlocation is greatgreat weekendrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have been staying at the marlene since i was a new born every year with my family! i love it there and they are always so nice! i could not ask for a better place to say on my vacations!

Room Tip: Do the package deals they offer!
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ambergockley
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have stayed at numerous hotels for the yearly Elks Convention, but since I booked the MarLane 3 years ago I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Lisa and Chris take great pride in running a clean and family-friendly establishment. They go out of their way to accommodate everyone's needs and truly make you feel like you are staying at their home. Every year I come down I am delighted to see the improvements they have made. Plus, the motel is just a block from the boardwalk right by the convention center. It truly is the best place to stay in Wildwood, bar none.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2011

As others have noted, if you're looking for a party hotel, the MarLane isn't for you; it caters to couples and families, not frat boys throwing keggers. The motel is about 2 blocks from the boardwalk and convention center, and right across the street from Fox Park. The room my husband and I stayed in was small and simple--this isn't a luxe hotel, either--but it was clean and had everything we needed for a short stay. We'd chosen a smaller room because we only stayed 3 nights; larger rooms are available, and I'd opt for one of those for longer stays.

The owners, Lisa and Chris, are very conscientious and seem to sincerely want their guests to have a good experience. On the first morning of our stay, we discovered that the shower was broken. Even though he had literally just returned from his morning run, Chris came up to fix it and had it working again within 10 minutes. The housekeeping staff were just as courteous and friendly as the owners. They clean the rooms quickly and thoroughly.

The Internet service was FAST, much faster than typical hotel Internet service. The pool was small (5.5' at the deep end) but clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a small but very nice flat-screen TV with a rather large selection of basic cable channels. The front desk has limited hours and amenities like a clock radio and free shampoo are missing, but as I said above, this isn't a luxe hotel. We are budget-conscious travelers; we'd rather save the $100.00/night or so more that we'd have to pay for silly little "extra's."

The only beef I had was that the pool closes at 7:00 p.m. I'm guessing this is to keep noise levels down, but I am very fair-skinned and it's just safer for me to swim in the evening; it'd be nice if they kept it open until 9:00 or 10:00. However, that's not a deal-breaker for me; I would return to the MarLane and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for specials
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trothaar
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Absolutely loved our stay here ...havent been to wildwood in years and the Marlane brought back wonderful memories...it has the ideal location just 1 block in from the convention center/boardwalk....it had old school charm spotless clean quiet and comfortable.Lisa and Chris were the most gracious hosts you can ask for very helpful informative and pleasant.If your looking for a place to party and get loud keep looking Lisa seems to pride herself on screening out trouble!! We will be back in August with the whole family.We have found a new home in the wildwoods and will NEVER stay elswhere

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family and I went to Wildwood for the first time for Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time! This hotel was nice. The room was clean. Nothing fancy but has what you need. The pool was clean and nice to lounge around while the kids swim. The owners are very nice as well.

Room Tip: Check their specials on their website
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family