“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our family booked two rooms the weekend of June 1st and stayed two nights. Both rooms were on the first floor. The one room was a family suite and the other a regular two room. We had a wonderful stay. The place is spotless and the nicest staff you could ever want to meet. My son and his wife stayed in the family suite with their little toddler. The room was spacious and the bunk beds are a great idea if you have older children. My husband and I stayed in the other room with our two grown children. Plenty of room and I loved the hardwood floors and retro decor. The beds were very comfortable. Nice hot water for showers and plenty of nice towels. The boardwalk is a block away and we went each morning for a walk and breakfast. You can literally park your car and never move it. It was a chilly weekend but we really enjoyed sitting by the firepit in the evening. What a great treat! Such a nice way to spend a chilly evening! All the hotels should pick up on that idea. I also liked that the pool was heated to a really nice temperature so that you could enjoy it on a chilly day. This place is the best -- you won't be disappointed. We are planning another trip hopefully in the summer but it looks like it books up pretty fast.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed being on the first floor by the fire pit. It is near the office. Also, I forgot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Egypt, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a seemingly endless winter, we wanted to take a couple of days of our Spring Break and make a short trip to the shore over Easter weekend. We had really wanted to try the StarLux, but they were completely booked, and suggested we try their "sister hotel," the Blue Palms. The price was very reasonable for a holiday weekend, so we decided to give it a try. I've been coming to Wildwood my whole life, and I know how awful most of the hotels are, so I was expecting the worst. I'm happy to say I couldn't have been more wrong!

The Blue Palms management has taken a generic, 1950s "do-wop" Wildwood motel and infused it with twenty-first century style. Although the room layout was identical to that of dozens of other old WW motels, the dark woods, quality furniture and fabrics gave it a sleek, modern look. The Pergo plank-style flooring was beautiful. I also loved the aqua-colored bathroom tiles.

All of these upgrades wouldn't mean much if the hotel was not clean. It was spotless! I didn't see a speck of dust, dirt or mold anywhere.

Everyone there, from front desk staff to the wonderful housekeeping staff, was friendly and helpful. The hotel manager even e-mailed us the next day to thank us for our business and ask for any suggestions. Terrific customer service all around. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsPine
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been in hotels all over North Wildwood & Wildwood, this was by far one of the top. I stayed here for Bike Weekend,Sept 2012. Rooms were very clean,modern,desk person was very friendly,I actually wanna come back with my family and stay during the summer,my friends and I will be back again for bike weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ericka M
East Greenbush, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We tend to lean toward the bigger chains when traveling, but when we found ourselves in Wildwood for a cheerleading competition taking place at the convention center, we learned quickly that there aren't a lot of Hyatts to be had. We booked the Blue Palms with plenty of skepticism in our minds--we're just not accustomed to staying in small, independently-owned places. But the fact is there's not a lot of options in early March--most places close for the season. Now that our stay is over, I have to admit, the visions I had in my mind going into the weekend were pretty much off-base. I was most surprised by how clean the place was (a huge concern of ours going in) and found the staff to be really friendly and welcoming. Plus the Blue Palm is located within walking distance--via the Boardwalk--to the convention center. The only downside I'll share is that the walls and doors are pretty thin, so noise coming from other rooms or from outside the room really carried. Even something as simple as people walking up the stairs near the room was surprisingly loud. A small price to pay for cleanliness and nice people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Blue Palms last week during her Futsal tournament and we were extremely happy with the accommodations, staff and proximity to the Convention Center and other attractions and eateries.

When we walking into the lobby, we were promptly greeted by the front desk person who was extremely pleasant. She gave us our keys and explained to us that a lot of places were not open because it was off-season, but gave us a few dining suggestions. BTW, Sam's Pizza Palace @ 26th and Boardwalk was a good suggestion!

Our room was on the 3rd floor and over-looked the pool area. The room was very (if I could underline 'very" I would have) clean and well appointed for the 2 of us. In a way the new decor felt like going back to the 1960s, because of the retro artwork on the walls. The ceramic wood finished floor was also a nice look and was not ice cold on the feet. Both of the queen beds were comfortable and the bed linens were clean and fresh. After a long day of futsal, it was nice to fall asleep in a comfortable bed.

Our weather was a bit cold and the fire pit near the lobby was a hit with the members of my daughter's team. Friday evening they sat around it and had a lot of fun.

The staff was also amazing. They made every effort to make our stay pleasant, even though they were under-staffed for the winter. Everyone to whom I spoke to, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff, was friendly and happy. Our group had about 10 families at the hotel and I've heard none of them say anything negative about their stay.

The hotel is right in the middle of everything and steps away from the boardwalk. I just wish that we could have experience more of what Wildwood had to offer and just might have to check it out some summer weekend. If we do, we will definitely stay at the Blue Palms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cyclone2933
Perkasie
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were visiting Wildwood for a 3 day wrestling tournament. The Service was great. It was quiet. The Blue Palms is a nice short walk to the beach. The room we stayed in had a mircowave, toaster, refridgerator and coffeemaker . These are great amenities and helped us save money by eating in. We would return in the future if we had to head back down to Wildwood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pensywrestler
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been traveling to the Wildwoods since the 1980's. I know a thing, or two, about where to stay, where not to stay, and a must-stay. BP is a must-stay! The accommodations are excellent, with outstanding customer service. While most businesses only care about making money/making a profit, BP emphasizes that customer satisfaction is priority #1. I arrived at BP a few days before Superstorm Sandy struck the East Coast. With the storm approaching, voluntary evacuations had begun in southern New Jersey. The hotel manager called the BP guests, and offered them a one-night refund, if they decided to end their vacation early by evacuating. That's what I call outstanding customer service. By the way, I took him up on the offer. Currently, BP is providing shelter to about 100 people whose homes were destroyed by the storm. BP is more than just a hotel, it's a hotel that cares.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo