“Great location, clean room”
Review of Blue Palms

Blue Palms
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Love our stay here. My only complaint would be the beds were a little uncomfortable. Otherwise, great location, clean rooms, and very well run. We loved the 'wood' floors - sandy carpets always gross me out, lol. Our 7 year old son loved the pool which we found to be very clean and well maintained. (there were even complimentary life jackets available to use!)

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Blue Palms

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed for the Labor Day holiday 2012. Walked in to find a very clean, nice, comfortable room. Our room had two rooms with a double bed in each room. We were able to get writstbands through the motel for Morey's Pier which included waterparks & rides for $35 each. A good deal when you're buying a few! There was complimentary coffee, tea, & pastries in the lobby each morning. The front desk check-in people were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered free wifi but it was extrememly spotty and I had to sit right next to the window to get a singal. Although we loved the location (practically right off the boards - and centrally located), there were a few things that "irked" me. We had a breezeway room which experienced A LOT of traffic between people walking to the smoking area (out in the back next to the dumpsters), and people walking to their rooms at the Boardwalk Bungalow and also the back parking lot. I think I would request a room closer to the other end of the motel if I stayed again. Also, we went out in the afternoon one day only to return to find EVERY parking spot at the motel taken. There was one car taking up two spots and other cars with no motel "placard" in their car. When I went into the office to tell let them know why we couldn't find a spot, they seemed kind of unconcerned and told me I could park ACROSS the street in a public parking lot and if I showed them my placard they would let me park there. We had just come back from the store with a big amount of bags. Why should I have to park a block away from the motel when I'm paying to stay there and you're only supposed to have ONE parking spot per room?????? (I actually had to sign a sheet when I checked in with the rules on it and this was one of them). This made me angry. Luckilly, a somone pulled out and we were able to park at the motel. Another thing that kind of got on my nerves was that people plopped their shirts, towels, and other articles of clothing, over the fence at the pool and left them there for DAYS! You could not even see into the pool area because there were towels all the way around obstructing the view. Then as the days went on,things began to fall on the ground all and they remained there. I know some of these things sound "nit-picky" but that's just me. Overall, I was happy with my stay and would stay there again, but as I said, NOT in a breezeway room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't get a breezeway room on the first floor. If you need a good wifi connection, request a ro...
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We reserved a two room suite through booking.com, only to arrive and find that the hotel had not received the reservation. Nikki at the front desk worked miracles and was able to find us additional rooms at their Starlux property. Front desk staff is awesome.

Everything is very clean and recently renovated. Blue Palms is very close to the boardwalk. Excellent coffee in the morning and some nice seating areas on the second floor to enjoy it.

1  Thank techmgr1
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Blue Palms for 2 nights. (24-26 Aug) When I initially called the hotel I was informed that I could only book for a minimum of 3 nights, even though I only needed a room for 2 nights. (I think a min of a 3 night stay is the norm for this area) I then went to booking.com via Tripadvisor and they allowed me to book for 2 nights. We stayed in a pool view suite. I liked the fact that there was a living area and also a bedroom. There was a microwave and a mini fridge for convenience, which came in handy for us. I also liked the fact that the floors were not carpeted but were a wood laminate. The suite was clean but the bathroom could have been spruced up a little more.(I'm very anal when it comes to bathrooms. No pun intended lol) The suite comes with a tv in the living area and in bedroom. When we arrived there was only one tv. I went down and informed the front desk and they jumped right on it and took care of it. For that I want to say thanks!! The bed was very comfortable!! The parking is really limited and tight but we were able to get a spot across the street. The Blue Palms have some parking spaces over there for their guests. The hotel has grills that you can cookout on which I thought was an added plus. The pool was always being used and is a decent size. The location is EXCELLENT!! It's adjacent to the Jersery Girl restaurant and is about a 5 min walk or less to the boardwalk with the entrance at the middle pier on the boardwalk. It's also right by the Splash Zone water park. The hotel has Major discount passes to the piers and waterparks so I would take advantage of that. The staff that I had interaction with were always pleasent and VERY accommodating! If I could suggest anything for security reasons, it would be to not state the room numbers of the guests aloud and to not put the room number on the car placard that is placed in the car. I am not accustomed to staying at local hotels or motels. I am more of a Hilton or Marriott chain stayer, but because those type of accommodations are not available in this area you have to choose what is available. I'm glad that I chose the Blue Palms. While it was not my first choice, (I try to get the number 1 or 2 hotel in area according to the reviews) I was content and satisfied with the Blue Palms and WOULD stay there again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sweetie0368
Reviewed August 25, 2012

we arrived at the blue palms and immediately noticed that it was a great location. we just crossed the street and boom we were on the boardwalk. we noticed that parking was a bit tight, but we did manage to get a spot with no problem. check in was easy, we were a few minutes early but it wasn't a problem. we brought everything to the room. i was pleased that the king room did look like the pictures i'd seen online. it looked clean and remodeled. the bathroom was a bit small and wasn't updated yet, but it was clean and that's all that matters to me. we decided to relax a bit before heading out. we discovered that the bed linens appeared to be dirty. we contacted the front desk and someone came up almost immediately. they stripped and remade the bed, and refunded us money to make up for that. i feel they more than did the right thing. after that, everything was great! the staff that we dealt with was friendly.
we'll definitely be going back next year, we really enjoyed our time in wildwood and at the blue palms

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tib3322
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed with my family for three nights (8/20/12 - 8/23/12) and really enjoyed staying at the Blue Palms Hotel. Room was small, but perfect for two adults and two children. I stayed in the Boardwalk Bungalow which was fine. Very clean. Coffee was available every morning, and the pools were clean. We saw many other families there. Didn't need to use car once. Walked right to beach and boardwalk. Cheap place to eat on boardwalk for breakfast, lunch, or dinner right near hotel : 99 cent hotdogs, hamburgers, or cheeseburgers. This is right near Mariners Pier and Raging Rapids Water Park. Splash Zone water park also right next door. We walked to the other two piers also. Everything was so close. We also got a deal on the passes for the rides and waterpark if you stay here. I will come back every year to this place. Great time.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor which was convenient with two children, but if you want more privacy an...
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took the grandchildren down for a 2 night summer vacation and stayed at the Blue Palm (rented 2 rooms). The location was great. Never had to move the car the entire time! Rooms were clean but one room's bathroom needed more work on the renovations that were advertised. I was not pleased with some of the employees at the front desk. I had a problem with the toilet in the middle of the night and had to go to the front desk twice the next morning to get it repaired and had to to go back down to request it to be cleaned. Also, they did not go out of their way to assist with logging on to the Wifi. We were on the third floor and had to sit out side to connect. However, with these minor inconveniences, we all had a great time!

Room Tip: There are no elevators so make sure if you have a disability, you request the first floor.
1  Thank CESDELAWARE