Review Highlights

Reviewed September 25, 2018
lannie1999
Clifton, New Jersey

1,304 results
All reviews tram car bike riding pizza t shirt shops ice cream amusement piers lots of shops all ages monster truck something for everyone funnel cake junk food board walk fries atlantic city friday night hot pot
Reviewed 1 week ago

there is so much for every age group here.. Quiet time and lots of excitement piers of games and rides ... endless food and snacks the smells are intoxicating

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I dont know if its because of the time of year but i found the boardwalk to be old, run down and boring.
there wasnt much going on, and alot of the stores are closed down.
its not somewhere i'd go again.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Friday afternoon following Coast Guard recruit graduation in late September. Less than half of the shops and eateries were open midday. After talking with a few of the vendors that were open, we were informed that most places don't open until after 5pm so we didn't get to partake on any of the rides or entertainment. The boardwalk itself was nice and long, could walk quite a distance in both directions.

1  Thank debbiemK6670YI
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Went there for car show in Sept. Nice for the kids but pretty crowded. You take a chance on the weather but we were lucky

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Absolutly the biggest boardwalk we have ever been to. We have been to a few along the U.S. Coast. We had a great day walking for miles, shopping, people watching and just sitting enjoying the ocean view. My husband had chocolate covered bacon from one of the little sweet shops. $5.00 a bit pricey but he had to try it. All the shops selling the same thing gets quite boring very quickly. Didn't realize this was Eagles country. Eagles gear sold everywhere. Glad I wore my Bill's cap. Go Bill's. :)). We had a great day.

2  Thank Gerri M
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

This is my first trip back to the wildwood boardwalk in years, and the only thing that’s really changed are the saying on the millions of T-shirts in the shops lining the boards. Good for games and kids’ rides, as well as cotton candy and crab fries.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

This Boardwalk is a lot of fun with lots to do. The Boardwalk is about 2 miles long with several Piers jetting out towards the Ocean. There are a lots of rides, places to eat and games to play and is a great place for the family. There is also a Tram Car that runs up and down the Board walk if you do not care to walk a lot. You can rent bicycles and ride along the boardwalk until noon. They also have Yoga on the beach if you are into that.The beaches are very nice, clean, safe and life guards are on duty until around 5:00pm. Wildwood has some of the deepest beaches in New Jersey and in some areas it is a pretty long walk to the water. They also offer transportation to get you close to the water in a certain areas off the board walk. I have never used it, but I have noticed it while walking on the Boards. Depending where you go to the beach, some areas are not as far to walk to the water.The Boardwalk can be a little pricey, but going to the beach is free. There is a cost to enter most of the other beaches in N.J. except for Wildwood beaches. Also, because it is N.J., you can expect the ocean temperature from mid June through September to hover around 67- 74 degrees (My best estimate) which can be influenced by a number of factors. August is my favorite time to be there because the water temperature is warmer and after Labor day, portions of the Boardwalk close. The best part of going there after labor day is that hotel prices start to drop drastically. If you visit Wildwood or Wildwood Crest which is a little more quieter area just down the road from Wildwood, be sure to take a short drive to Cape May. It is a great little city with some Victorian style homes, horse drawn carriage rides with lots to see and do. Also, if you are into gambling and did not spend enough money on your vacation to Wildwood, Atlantic city is a little less than an hour drive.

1  Thank carolp71
Reviewed September 12, 2018

My wife and I visited the Boardwalk twice. Once with the kids and once by ourselves. The visit by ourselves was the best, though. We got to explore as much as we wanted. I got a funnel cake with powdered sugar on it. Before then, it had been a couple decades since my last one. It was like it was made for me. The people there were nice and my wife and I got a good picture of the two of us with the beach in the background.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

It's probably safe to say that each boardwalk has a different feel. The Wildwood boardwalk happened to be our least favorite boardwalk of all the Jersey beaches we have visited. The boardwalk itself is older and has definitely see better days. In my opinion, the shops were lacking in offerings and being harrassed to play games really isn't my thing so I don't see myself visiting this particular spot again. The actual beach at Wildwood is well maintained (though crowded) and the water is warm and enjoyable.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Visiting Wildwood Boardwalk two weeks after Labor Day doesn't make for a fair assessment--many stores and restaurants were closed, arcades were loud and empty, paint was peeling--it's a little sad. Looks like a great place for the middle of summer, in the evening, after a day in the sun.