Surf Comber Motel
$49
Brittany Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$99
$76
Sea Gull Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$72
The StarLux Hotel & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$49
$89
Riviera Resort & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$66
AA Heart of Wildwood Motels(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$99
Nantucket Inn & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$63
Tropicana Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$60
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$91
$79
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2012

1st let me stat that if you have read any good reviews on this place then it is not by someone who actually stayed there. I travel a lot and am in and out of hotels and motels all of the time. This is by far the worst place I have ever seen. This place should be shut down. It is filthy. I was with a group and when we arrived we were told that the rooms smelled because they had not been opened yet this season. That was the least of their problems. The rooms were filled with Mold, Mildew, moth balls, smoke, and so on in that area of stuff. Rooms actually had black mold on stuff in the rooms (See previous review - They are not exagerating) One room smelled like a cat had been using it for a personal bathroom for some time. When our group looked at some of the rooms and pulled sheets back, there were spiders crawling through the sheets. There were also spiders crawling through the rolls of toilet paper. Rooms had little to no hot water. One room actually had the sink come out from the wall a bit and they could see that the drain pipe lead to no where. The water would just empty out onto the floor on the inside of the wall. The rooms on the 1st floor are by far worse than the ones on the 2nd floor, but not by much. We were traveling as a group and for health reasons, 1/2 of our group physically could not stay at this hotel. Staff working this joint are not friendly and they are in no means up to code. They had smoke detectors sitting on the beds and like the previous reviews have stated... The hotel states that it is not their fault. I think that the city of wildwood should do an inspection and shut this hotel down. I would describe this place as worse than a house filled with moldy food... Imagine how you would feel walking into a house that had a strong smell of mold, cat pee, and smoke, and had rodants and spiders walking around. That actually sounds better than this place. Please trust me that all of these reviews that are rated as "terrible" are not exagerating at all. Don't let it's location to the the boardwalk fool you! I am looking to post pictures for you soon.

Room Tip: My tip is to pick any other hotel/motel other than this one. This one is by far the worst ever.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bolivey
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My group stayed at this motel, first ALL the rooms were filthy. forget walking around barefoot. I wouldn't anyways. A few rooms had mold growing on bed sheets. My room had mold on the lamp shade. speaking of the lamp. the wires were taped together (poorly) we didn't dare turn on the bed lamps in worry of it catching fire. Moving on to the bathroom. Its not too small but how it is laid out makes it small. After one shower the hot water knob stripped and would not work. Making the shower useless. But that is ok we barely had hot water. The dresser smelled so bad we dare not put our cloths in it. the AC was in the worse place right across from the bed so it blew on your face all night. that was just my room
some in our groups tv did not work. some had smoke detectors disconnected. others had similar shower problems including my in-laws whos shower worked after my father in law fixed the handle. till it finally broke after the last day we were there, One room the kids had dead bugs on their towels. And through the four days we were there most rooms were not cleaned, just over all disgusting
The over condition of this motel is just pathtic. we brought many issues to the owner and he just did nothing to fix it. In fact blamed us for not telling him. even though these rooms were reserved months ago. How he did not check the rooms before we got their I don't know.
This place should be closed. It by far is the worst motel I ever stayed at, and I stayed at some pretty bad ones.. city of wildwood close this place down. to the owner stop blaming your guests for not making you aware of the horrible conditions.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 4, well in any of the rooms for that matter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pjhenry
surf2267, Owner at Surf Comber Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

I am going to anwser all these posts ,but they are going to be similar the other ones posted by this group.The wires they talking about their lamp is actually a plug behind the night stand.the smell of those 1st floor rooms the group was talking about is a subjective smell to one's nose. We have passed city,state,and fire inspections.we get pest control service twice a month.Again I ask why did only 7out of 20 rooms check out ? A lot of open rooms on the island that weekend.If our motel was so unlivable why would you leave your children to sleep at the motel.?

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Let me just say do not waste your money! The room smells of smoke and the smoke detectors were not even hooked up in some of the rooms. Found them laying on the night stand/tables! One shower did not work at all and when you turned the water on rust came out of the sink water!! Towels were stained and problems with mold! If you choose to stay here (don't know why one would) pick a second floor room over the first floor rooms. The first floor rooms are the pits! One would think they would check all this stuff BEFORE opening this motel for the season!! Check your room out before checking in!!! Better yet check in some where else with better ratings! The negetive ratings are very accurate here!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! If you have no choice pick a 2nd floor room. Ask to see it first!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jdfan

Again,with response to the last few comments we are responding to the same complaints.Rusty water was out of are control,major road construction on rio grande ave ,which is 50yards away from are building,which can cause periods of rusty water.This persons shower worked fine,so I am not sure what the complaint was about, which would mean an unhappy group to keep posted the same things about our motel.we have passed city,state,and fire inspections.we get pest control twice a month. The rooms are cleaned on a regular basis. We are going to stay positive to make every guest have a great experience,and not let a few unhappy guests bring us down.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I don't even know where to begin! Should I start with the ceiling tile falling in the bathroom? The ceiling tile fell apart and fell on my daughter because of a leak in the shower upstairs. After it fell the black mold and rust and dirt was disgusting and definitely a heath hazard. How about the lack of parking? Their parking lot is so small someone put a dent in my door and hit my bumper. I don't blame whoever did it i blame the owners of this dump who squeeze 30 some cars in a parking lot made for 20 to 25. From the time we checked in the staff was rude and ignorant. The rest of the staff you couldn't understand because they were foreigners. The staff go in and out of a room where there is a poker table set up for illegal card games on most nights. Definitely not a family atmosphere. Besides the mold, the rooms were dirty and towels were stained. From the looks of it the bathrooms haven't been touched since the place was built hence the leak from upstairs. The only reviews that are positive here have to be written by the owners! No one in their right mind would say anything good about this motel. STAY AWAY! STAY FAR FAR AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank john P
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I would never go back again even if it were free it was the worst weekend ever. The room smelled of dirty wet rags the shower had mold all over it the towles were brown and the sheet s were yellow stained! Please don't go waste your money or I will be reading your bad review next!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011