“Very nice birthday dinner”
Review of La Casa Bianca - CLOSED

La Casa Bianca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family took me to La Casa Bianca for my 55th birthday and we had a very enjoyable experience. The food was good, not fantastic but the prices were reasonable for the quality of the dishes. I like the idea sometimes of a BYOB establishment because it certainly helps cut down on the total bill. Would we return? Most certainly. The owner (Paul) hosted my son's high school graduation a few years back and my friends and relatives still rave about their dishes.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to this restaurant about 45 days ago and did not have a very good experience with the wait staff and food. You can read my previous review back in November of 2012.

I am a firm believer in giving something a second chance and chalking it up to a bad day however twice is enough!

We were seated in the pizzeria section of the restaurant as we requested. My son ordered a pizza special and a Caesar salad, I ordered veal parm dinner. I should have known we were in trouble when the salad took almost 45 minutes to come to the table (the place was not busy). After 20 minutes I asked the waitress and she said to me that they make everything 'Fresh' and that is why it is taking a little longer...Really? Salad right?

Salad was fine but not worth 45 minutes. Finally after approximately one hour, the pizza and veal parm came to the table. 2 minutes into the feast I felt the Veal was either not cooked through or cold to the center. I asked the waitress to heat it up at which she took it back to the kitchen.

Parm for a second time, it arrived again and I began to eat it, I realized this this was really breaded Veal medallions and not traditional veal parm scaloppini as I had expected. I gave up and just requested asked the waitress for the bill so I could pay, She asked why I did not eat my dinner, I told her it was fine ,"it was just not what I had expected in regards to veal parm. She said fine and took the plates away.

15 minutes later the owner (Chef Paul) of the restaurant came out to my table.
He said "so you are the one that does not like my veal parm ( as he leaned over my table and in my face)?"I told him that it was not what I had expected that is all. I realize that he used veal medallions instead of a scaloppini as I am used to . This was the point I considered standing up from the table over his 5 foot tall frame but, realized I was with my son and nothing good can come from that.

He told me how medallions are a much better quality and he doe not serve the other '[--]'. I told him I was not questioning his choice it was just not what I was expecting,. He told me "oh you are looking for the (Profanity) they serve at domino's down the street and if you want that [--] you need to go down the street"

I told him that I never said anything about the quality of his food all I wanted was the check and I did not understand why he was insulting me. All I want is the check so I can pay and leave. He said as he was walking away "I am insulting you because you insulted me and my food and I could care less go get your (Profanity) food at domino's"

Finally the check came and I did pay for everything including what I did not eat.

This chef owner(Chef Paul) is in the wrong business and he is the most unprofessional and non service related person. I would never recommend eating anywhere he was cooking. The way he treats his customers, employees and everyone around him is appalling.

There will be no third time, I have had enough!

9  Thank Mick177
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Way to much going on with the food at this place, They are hit or miss, sometimes good others not so good. I will say that the simpler the better is the best way to order. The special Gourmet pizzas are good but the simple foods when available are the better choices. They are a BYOB.

The owner is in the kitchen working as you come in and can many times be heard yelling at the staff for various reasons. He has signs outside the place recommending not going to other establishments across the street. Overall not a very nice person. The front of the house is horrible many times young teenagers trying to act to mature like I am at a fine dining establishment. The place really is nothing more than a pizza place that should add ravioli, veal and chicken parm and that is pretty much it. If they just did that they would more than likely be a much improved experience.

Outdoor seating is outside along a pretty busy main street so would not recommend.

7  Thank Mick177
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great dishes and fun time always at the Bianca. If you haven't tried you have to. Great service too.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Definitely hit or miss on the brick oven pizza. Sometimes it's great but the past few times it was just ok.