“Food is very good, but the service is lacking”
Review of Domo 7

Domo 7
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My family tried this Japanese restaurant a few weeks back and the food was very good, which made us want to try it again. We decided to do a takeout this time. Well, my advice would be to perhaps dine in the restaurant and avoid the takeout. I ordered the food and specifically asked the host if I could pick it up in 30 minutes rather than ten since I had to stop at a store on the way. While in the other store, I realized I ordered the wrong type of rice so I rushed to Domo 7 in plenty of time (or so I thought) to change the order. When I got there with 15 minutes to spare, I noticed my takeout bag waiting for me. When I asked if I could change the two orders of white rice for two orders of fried rice, I was told I was too late. When I reminded him that I asked for the order to be picked up in half-hour rather than 15 minutes, he said I was still too late. Rather than arguing with him, I grabbed the bag and left. Not a great way to promote repeat business.

There are newer reviews for Domo 7

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've been going to Domo 7 for a few years now, but I never sat to write a review until now, after our most recent visit. Domo 7 is located in what could be deemed a rather shabby looking strip mall that has seen better days. Several of the stores are abandoned or up for rent. Many of the lighted signs are broken or missing lights, and in general, the setting lacks quite a bit of luster. Because of that, it's easy to miss the fact that a gem of restaurant like Domo actually exists. But don't judge the book...well you know the rest. Domo 7 is far from shabby and rundown. In fact, the sushi there is some of the best around, fresh and unique. From the lobster roll to the specialty rolls to the run of the mill California roll, Domo's sushi chef certainly knows how to create and plate a delicious sampling of fine food. But I wasn't in the mood for sushi or rolls the last time we went and so I thought outside of the Bento Box and went for something completely different. I decided to give the Korean meals a try and ended up getting a bowl (a hot, ceramic bowl) of pure goodness. I am not fluent in Asian cuisine and so I will not even attempt to name the dish I had, but it was basically a bowl of rice topped with crisply steamed veggies of all sorts and an egg to finish. I asked our kind waiter what I was to do with it and he directed me to pour the spicy sauce atop the food and blend well. I did as I was told and I was not disappointed. It was quite possibly one of the best plates, er, bowls, of food I have had in a very long time. Very enjoyable. Domo 7 is rarely crowded which has me worried so I hope this review will boost the traffic in there as I would hate to see this gem disappear simply because it's unknown. It's a small place, so if you go with a large group, reservations are probably your best bet. It's a bring your own establishment, but don't worry; there's a liquor store next store to it so if you forget your beverage of choice, you can simply pick one up right there. All in all, we enjoy Domo 7 very much and have for quite some time. Their menu is varied so if sushi isn't your thing, there are plenty of other things from which to choose. We have yet to be disappointed!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

There are 2 fabulous sushi places in Whitehouse Station - Domo 7 and Yi En - the service at Domo 7 is much friendlier, but the food at both is fab!

1  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Better than average Japanese food with some great unique choices. Hungry and indecisive? Go for the Bento Box. Soup, salad, shumai, tempura shrimp and vegetables, sushi, sashimi AND a teriyaki meat or shrimp choice. I'm full just writing it down.

1  Thank njtaylors
Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you have not been to Domo 7 then you are missing a treat. As the son of a restaurant owner, I am familiar with good and bad dining experiences. Domo serves excellently prepared food in a casual and pleasant atmosphere. The sushi is outstanding with all of the traditional offerings as well as new and inventive creations. Other dishes like tempura, teriyaki, bi bap bim are also very good. You cannot miss.