All reviews irish pub the concierge lounge front desk room service wine bar wedding party large hotel this past weekend business trip saturday night plenty of parking new jersey nice size first floor bed was very comfortable nice stay fitness room
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We came here for our TWD convention that was being held at this hotel. The room was well updated and clean. The shower curtain was half falling off and the toilet seat cover was broken, coming out of the screw. They don’t have microwaves in the room, but there is a public one on floor 3. It was old and the second time I came to heat up my food, it was gone. It broke down. Thanks to the front desk lady, she heated my food up in their break room. The hotel overall is pretty updated and clean. Very well decorated.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please feel free to email me at dross@hanovermarriott.com with the room number you stayed in as I'd like to ensure we correct the issues you noted with the room. My apologies for those issues - we definitely want to correct them.

Thank you again for sharing your review, and we hope to host you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Whippany, NJ area!

Best,

Reviewed July 25, 2018

My wife and her sister stayed for 2 nights for a family reunion. When they returned the next day afternoon around 2 pm after a busy day hoping to rest for a couple of hours and re-energize before the evening events. To their dismay their room was not turned over. At 3pm there was a knock on the door. It was the housekeeper who wanted to turn the room over. My wife requested her to come back later as they were trying to sleep. The housekeeper left but soon after there was another knock on the door. It was the hotel manager along with the housekeeper. She was adamant and argumentative and insisted that the housekeeper turn over the room. Despite the protest by my wife and her sister, they just barged into the room and the housekeeper proceeded with her task. She was done with the bathroom in less then 5 min leaving the sink , tub and countertop as it was and not bothering to clean it . Rearranged the bed linen and left. My wife was totally shocked with the whole ordeal.
The point of this long review is to point out the fact regarding the total lack of respect for guest's privacy and request . We have stayed at many Marriott properties before but never had such a abysmal experience !!!! The icing on the cake was the total indifferent attitude by Jennifer on the phone when I called and complained about the experience my wife and her sister endured during their stay at the property. In summary, We never had such a bad experience at ANY 4/5 star hotels in the past. We would NOT recommend this Marriott property TO STAY or HOST A EVENT.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Hemant D
Mgr_GuestServices1, Guest Relations Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Hello Hemant,

I am so sorry for the experience your family had while staying with us. I can assure you this is not the level or service we pride ourselves on providing nor is it the type of experience our guests are accustomed to receiving. I'm quite caught off guard by this. This will be addressed with the appropriate team members respectively. If you could possibly contact me personally so I could get a little more information about your stay I would appreciate it. We will absolutely use this experience as a teaching moment so this sort of thing never happens again. Again, my sincerest apologies. My contact information is below.

Warm Regards,
Monica Roman
Guest Services Manager
MRoman@HanoverMarriott.com

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Just stayed for one night. We checked in late and left the next morning. Staff friendly and helpful. Bed incredibly comfortable. Facility very clean. Ample free parking. Good breakfast selections in the executive lounge for platinum members. No issues here.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you so much for the fantastic review, and for your loyalty. Very much appreciated!

Best,

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Front Desk seemed to be understaffed and was not friendly when I checked in. I am a platinum rewards member and did not get free internet even though it was labeled as a free service. I got charged $31.88 only after I checked out. The final bill was 0 but they charged the internet 2 days after I checked out and I had to call them 3 times before they agreed to refund the fee.
I am not impressed with this hotel. Staff seemed to be uninterested to assist guest.
Will avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

I truly apologize for your poor experience. You most definitely should have received complimentary internet service being a platinum Rewards member. If you are still having challenges with your billing I'd ask you to please contact me directly so I can assist you with rectifying it.

Also please contact me if you have any other feedback and would like to discuss further, and I'd also like to assist you directly if you would give us another chance to show you the true spirit of the hotel; that is to provide you with the friendly and excellent service our guests are accustomed to.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I hope we receive the chance to win you back as a guest.

All the Best,

973-898-6426
dross@hanovermarriott.com

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hanover Marriott and my experience was average. Reason being I was allocated Room 347 which was right opposite a conference room which had a conference that day. So right outside my room was the table with beverages and eatables. I felt the rooms opposite conference hall should not be allocated since there is lot of disturbance for the guests. After 2 nights, on the 3rd night there was very loud music in the conference hall and lots of people talking. I was getting disturbed and in inquiry found out that there was a wedding party in that hall! What I cannot understand is why allocate guests room opposite the hall which is full of noisy activity. I asked the reception for a change in room. I was really disappointed when they offered me another room on the same floor! I was told that no other rooms are available and the highest floor available is 3rd floor. I asked assertively if really there was not a single room available and then the lady Nicole offered me a room on 7th floor. When all the while rooms away from the marriage hall was available why offer guests room opposite the party hall. I was quite disappointed with this event. Another big surprise was being charged for the internet on a daily basis! In today's digital era why should I pay for Wi-Fi ...its like a basic neccisity which is offered free even in the smallest inns. You can get free wifi if you become a Mariott member and I found this really silly and inconsiderate for travellers on business.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hanover Marriott and for providing your honest feedback. It sounds like we could have done a much better job in finding you a room in a quieter area of the hotel, and I truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, I have shared all of your feedback with the appropriate hotel team members to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to minimize placing guests in areas of the hotel with potential noise disturbances. I completely agree with you that areas of the hotel where there may be potential noise throughout the day should be considered as "last sell" for guest room location. Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience and discomfort.

For potential future stays at Marriott Hotels, you can sign up as a Marriott Rewards member to receive Free Wi-Fi - it takes just a few minutes and you can also begin receiving rewards points to redeem for future stays.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback, and if you would like to provide us with a second chance to host you on a future visit to the area, you can contact me directly so I can ensure a perfect stay for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out, and thank you again for staying with us.

All the Best,