“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Rhinebeck, New York
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I am in the process of making another reservation. I love the pub. The lobby is very attractive. Beds and linens very nice also. Looking forward to another nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank snowdog21
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and the Auld Shebeen Pub as well. We look forward to welcoming you back!

dross@hanovermarriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked this hotel stay to allow for a good night's rest for our son (6) - the night before his tournament nearby. We arrived and noticed that the hotel was full of a convention. I asked for a double bed room, none available. No problem for me, I know it was just a request. We then asked for a rollaway. It was very unconmfortable and we have experience with rollaways. The real trouble started when it was time to go to sleep. The hallways were very loud and continued to be loud all evening. We mentioned it and it did not improve. At around 1030pm, right when we were finally getting to a deep sleep, the fire alarm sounded. It really scared my son, as it should, so we did as we have been trained and jumped up and out into the hallway to make it down 6 flights safely. As soon as we had reached the hallway, an announcement sounded - stating to stay where you are and they will give an update as soon as possible. My husband - works for the government - got worried and said that is what happens when there is a violent situation, such as an active shooter. He went down to investigate. After going up and down 2 times, seeing many people congregated and could not find an employee, finally entered the restaurant and heard it might be from a candle in the ballroom. I lied awake next to my scared son and waited for an update. We never received one. After an awful night sleep , we headed down for breakfast and checked out. I shared a little bit of the feedback and they took care of our buffet breakfast. My son had a long day at his tournament and I regret staying here at Marriott on a very important night for him.

1 Thank Carmella D
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your recent stay. The safety of our guests is paramount, and as apologetic as I am about your experience while visiting the hotel, I am also glad that the fire alarm worked as intended to protect all of our guests in the event of an emergency. I can assure you that we will review our emergency procedures further to ensure our guests safety. Please contact me directly at 973-898-6426 if you would like to discuss your experience. Thank you

Director of Sales & Marketing
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Hanover when it was fully of students. I could hear the noise from the hallway like it was my daughter's dorm room. Very unpleasant experience and I stayed at the concierge level.

Room Tip: When you see buses full of college kids in the parking lot...stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank William J
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am very sorry you experienced noise disturbances on your recent visit. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me at 973-898-6426.

Director of Sales
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Good but for a long visit I should've went somewhere that had rooms with a microwave or kitchenette. My mistake!

The bed is comfy, the room is big enough with good lighting and desk. I'd prefer a shower stall to the tub shower but the water is always good and hot with good pressure.

The Lobby has an automatic wine bar. You buy a card and preload it with money and self serve. The Irish style pub in the lobby has tasty choices too.

They give you a great option in case you think daily servicing of your room is wasteful they give you another option. Just put the door card out on your door before you go to bed (before 2:00 am), the maids will bypass your room the following day and give you a coupon worth either $5.00 off at the lobby restaurant OR 500 Marriott Reward Points. I'm staying for a month and only need my room cleaned once a week so I end up with about 13,000 points. Win Win

Over all good hotel for a business stay even though the indoor pool has been closed two of my four weeks so far.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review, and for choosing the Marriott Hanover for your extended one month stay. If you are still at the hotel please feel free to reach out to me - we'd be happy to provide you with a microwave during your long stay (I am checking to see if you are still staying with us, though I don't have your last name). We apologize about the inconvenience of closing our indoor pool while we make improvements to our Courtyard - you will be happy to know that the pool has re-opened for you to enjoy, so I hope you still have some time to enjoy the pool. If there's anything we can improve upon to make your extended stay with us more enjoyable, please contact me at either 973-898-6426 or dross@hanovermarriott.com. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community!

Director of Sales
Southlake, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had to travel to NJ from TX for a funeral this past weekend. I must say we wanted to be closer to Chatham but all hotels closer were booked. From the point of my reservation on the phone to working closely with Corey once we got there, I felt the service was exceptional. Not only did they work with me on prices, they were so attentive to my 6 year old son ensuring that the lobby reception lights were always red :) The room was comfortable with everything we needed and the hostess at breakfast was amazing and she treated Zachary so special. The ladies in the concierge lounge went above and beyond as well. The night person was super fantastic to let my son have some warm milk as needed. We will definitely be back when we visit our NJ family and friends. Thanks for making a sad weekend extremely pleasant!! Corey is the best.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances surrounding your visit, though I'm so glad we exceeded your family's expectations. This is exactly what we attempt to do on a daily basis with every customer - that is, create lasting impressions during each interaction whether it be in our Auld Shebeen Pub, in our Concierge Lounge or at our Front Desk. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team members for going above and beyond, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon....and under better circumstances next time.
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here one night. I have over 500 lifetime stays with Marriott so I know my hotels! This one is great. Both the rooms and common areas appear to be relatively new and well kept. The bedding is above Marriott standards as are the towels. Parking was simple and free. HVAC in the rooms worked well, was quiet, and has the necessary "ON" function for the fan. Hallway noise was very limited in the room, ie good insulation.

There is a great Irish Pub onsite as well as a separate breakfast restaurant. Location is easy to get on major highways.

Definitely in the top 25% of the full service Marriott locations. I'd stay again!

Room Tip: 8th floor is top, as for end of hall for extra quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! What a fantastic review, and coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself this is fantastic to hear. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community, and to all prospective customers of the Marriott Hanover. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel is very outdated and not clean. Walking through the front entrace we could see the glass was very dirty and not cleaned. Furniture in the lobby looked like something that was probably fit for the 1980's. Front desk clerk was not friendly at all. Asked him questions answer was yes or no and did not eleborate any futher. Pool was out of service and was never informed this when booking the room (big disappointment for my children). Unsure why hotel does not offer perk of free WIFI to be competitive. Room was not clean and no fan in the bathroom. I also just received an email today in which they charged me for a bottle of water that we did not drink.. $4. Called tonight to dispute this, charged occurred 2 days after check out. Was told to call tomorrow to address it. Really, whatever happened to addressing this issue immediatly. I am do disgusted with my overall experience. I would rate this hotel a 0 if I good. Please stay at other hotels if you have a choice. Other hotels in the area offer free WIFI and some even offer free breakfast.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I'm very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your concerns in greater detail so please feel free to contact me at 973-898-6426.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
No photo provided

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!