“Great weekend getaway...”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Rockville Centre, New York
“Great weekend getaway...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed at this property for 2 nights last weekend. Great lobby and ample hotel parking. Hotel was great at letting me check in early and honored all of my room requests. Got a room on the quiet side of the 7th floor. Room rate included breakfast @ Seeds. Food selection was good. My son enjoyed the pancakes on the 1st morning and I enjoyed the omelet station and fresh fruit, especially the kiwi fruit. The 2nd day they had french toast but my son REALLY wanted pancakes. I asked the wonderful hostess and she had the kitchen whip up a batch just for my son. He was THRILLED and felt very special. Way to go Hanover Marriott. Day 1 breakfast was good and uneventful, however day 2 greeted us with a packed restaurant. A large group of parents and children descended on the place and proceeded to take over the restaurant. They were generally VERY loud and rude, frequently cutting the breakfast buffet line whenever they needed something, clearly bypassing the other guests waiting paitently. Their children appeared to have been raised by barn animals and clearly had not mastered the art of using the serving utensils at the buffet station. This however is not somthing the hotel can control so I did not factor this into my rating. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness room, but when I checked it out the pool area was nice and warm and the fitness room offered a good variety of exercise equipment. Will definitely stay here again when my plans bring me to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non Route 10 side (south side), it is generally quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your most recent weekend getaway at the Hanover Marriott. I am so glad we were successful in making your son feel special! It is all about knowing our customer's preferences, and acting on them - so I'm glad our team at Seeds Restaurant was able to provide pancakes to make your son's experience THAT much better! Having kids of my own, that warms my heart, It's unfortunate that your breakfast experience was not as special on Day 2 of your stay, and thank you for your understanding that there are some things we have little control over. We will always make every effort to manage every situation to our guest's expectations. Thank you again for sharing the highlights (and low-lights) of your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have stayed here twice in 2 years for an event. Both times we were impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the room. The lobby is beautiful and has a unique "self service" wine bar that allows for tasting or full glasses. Our room rate included a delicious buffet full breakfast in Seeds restaurant. Our most favorite part of stay is The Auld Shebeen - the on site Irish pub. Get a burger - you won't regret it. The Turkey Burger is one of the best I have had anywhere. Highly recommend. The only downside to this hotel is access into the parking lot - you have to pay attention to the "loop" back to get in if coming from 287.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor - the important thing to note here is there is only one side of the 4th f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I love the title of your Review - thank you very much! We appreciate your menu recommendations for the Auld Shebeen Pub - I happen to agree, and we truly have a fantastic menu and culinary team. Thank you for the fantastic review, and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon!
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

From checkin to checkout the staff was the best I have seen in recent travels. The bar and restaurant were on their feet with a large group in and out of their areas.

Our suite was very nice and enjoyed as a meeting place for our friends.
The price was fair for this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is large and comfortable but all of the other rooms on the 8th floor were excellent as wel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your recent stay. I agree with you when you say our "staff is the best" - our people is what makes us great! I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and suites (and just as important the price), and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Hanover area!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a well appointed hotel that is beautifully decorated. The hotel offers great service. Plenty of dining and shopping options nearby. Plus 2 restaurants on site. The indoor pool was heated and comfortable, even on a cold day outside. The hotel did lose power on the day we checked out. Not the hotel's fault; it was good to know that the emergency lights worked in the hallways and staircases, as well as the elevators (generators?) we walked down the stairs as a precaution anyway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review, and thank you for your understanding about the power outage we experienced during your visit earlier this month. The hotel does have a generator that powers emergency lights and equipment when something like this happens. I am so happy you were able to enjoy our restaurants and amenities, and we appreciate you taking the time to highlight the "bright" points of your stay, even when it was "dark" for a few hours. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This Marriott hotel represents the company perfectly. The service was outstanding from the moment we entered the door until we we were on our way back home. A manager at the time we visited, named Brian, made us feel like we were the only guests in the hotel. We called the front desk to request some extra toiletries- moments later, Brian was at our door with a smile, the items we requested, and the readiness to cater to our next request. Room service breakfast was a great deal and made my wife feel like we were in a five star hotel. Of course, the hotel is clean, tidy, and well maintained.

Room Tip: Top floor, opening to the atrium-style windows. Makes you feel like you are outside as soon as you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
What a "Wonderful" review! I will be sure to pass your comments along to Brian from our Front Desk - he is a true asset of our hotel, and a true hospitality ambassador. Thank you for sharing your experience with us - comments like these make us want to try even harder to create the perfect service experience for our guests!
Ocean
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I returned again for my daughter's yearly dance competition. In advance, I had requested a quiet room, double beds, refrigerator and late check out. I was placed in room 757. Perfect! i also arrived by noon and the room was ready. It was clean and met all of my needs. What a relief!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseymamaOcean
Excellent! I am very happy we could meet all of your requests in advance - as we both know, it is all about the details! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Hanover again soon.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

What a nice surprise the Hanover Marriott turned out to be. We stayed over on our way to Manhattan, and were very impressed all around.

The front desk staff went out of their way to make sure everything we had requested was taken care. The hotel lobby has just been redone and is lovely, with modern decor, lots of glass windows with light streaming in everywhere, and an inviting built in fireplace with a beautiful wine bar.

The rooms are clean with ample space, although one of the rooms we were given had a bit of a moldy odour, I think due to dampness or maybe an old carpet. When we mentioned the problem, they immediately gave us a choice of other rooms, and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. They even offered us an upgrade to a suite.

There is also surprisingly, a really good restaurant/ Irish Pub in the hotel called the Auld Shebeeb - one of two restaurants in the hotel. They make an amazing Sheppard's Pie called "Cottage Pie." Great fresh ingredients, terrific food all-around, great pub, it is no wonder that it is extremely popular with the locals as well. I was told that it was voted 5th best Marriott restaurant world-wide.

All in all a really superior property for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan M
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Wow - what a fantastic review! I couldn't have said it better myself - you may have missed your calling as a Writer! Thank you so much for sharing the highlights of your recent stay - we couldn't be prouder of our hotel and everything it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
#8 of 16 in Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!