“All of requests were met”
Review of Hanover Marriott

Hanover Marriott
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Ocean
“All of requests were met”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I returned again for my daughter's yearly dance competition. In advance, I had requested a quiet room, double beds, refrigerator and late check out. I was placed in room 757. Perfect! i also arrived by noon and the room was ready. It was clean and met all of my needs. What a relief!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseymamaOcean
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Excellent! I am very happy we could meet all of your requests in advance - as we both know, it is all about the details! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Hanover again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Toronto
Reviewed January 10, 2014

What a nice surprise the Hanover Marriott turned out to be. We stayed over on our way to Manhattan, and were very impressed all around.

The front desk staff went out of their way to make sure everything we had requested was taken care. The hotel lobby has just been redone and is lovely, with modern decor, lots of glass windows with light streaming in everywhere, and an inviting built in fireplace with a beautiful wine bar.

The rooms are clean with ample space, although one of the rooms we were given had a bit of a moldy odour, I think due to dampness or maybe an old carpet. When we mentioned the problem, they immediately gave us a choice of other rooms, and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. They even offered us an upgrade to a suite.

There is also surprisingly, a really good restaurant/ Irish Pub in the hotel called the Auld Shebeeb - one of two restaurants in the hotel. They make an amazing Sheppard's Pie called "Cottage Pie." Great fresh ingredients, terrific food all-around, great pub, it is no wonder that it is extremely popular with the locals as well. I was told that it was voted 5th best Marriott restaurant world-wide.

All in all a really superior property for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan M
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Wow - what a fantastic review! I couldn't have said it better myself - you may have missed your calling as a Writer! Thank you so much for sharing the highlights of your recent stay - we couldn't be prouder of our hotel and everything it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travel to NJ wit work a lot and this is the first time I have stayed in this hotel.

I must say I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean and well appointed. The lobby is very bright and nice with plenty of seating and a fantastic looking wine bar, which i did not try but will on my next visit.

they offer a free shuttle service which is good and runs well.

Overall, I will return for sure.

Green Features: They have a service where you can forego cleaning for extra Marriott points.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, and I am so glad you stayed with us for your first visit at the Marriott Hanover. We agree that we have a great staff whose goal is to make your stay enjoyable, and our hotel product is updated and clean and offers a wide variety of services and amenities like our Auld Shebeen authentic Irish Pub, our unique Lobby Wine Bar, and our complimentary hotel shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and thank again for giving us a chance, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay.
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave the staff here treats you extremely well. The rooms and common areas were all very clean despite it being the middle of winter. My room was warm upon entry (it was a very cold day) and stayed that way throughout the cold windy night. The bath products were excellent, and for the first time in ages I was in a hotel with properly working wireless. Unfortunately the bed was exceptionally hard leaving me with a poor nights sleep and plenty of body aches in the morning. I was told that this is now the standard Marriott bed, which means I will have to avoid Marriott's in the future. I also booked my room using the prepayment method. Once charged I had to call for a partial refund because I was charged double (one single charge for double the amount). I now also have a new charge for the amount of the stay, in addition to the original payment, that I am going to have to get refunded...definitely not something that a customer should have to do once, let alone twice!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts about your recent stay. While I'm pleased to hear your kind words about our staff, the cleanliness and warmth of our hotel and your enjoyment of the hotel's wireless internet connectivity, I am troubled about the comfort of your bed and the billing issues you encountered. A comfortable bed should be at the top of the list when choosing a hotel, and we've previously received some great feedback and reviews about how comfortable our beds are. I would like to research this further - if you wouldn't mind calling or emailing me at the following so I can ask your last name so we can check the room # you stayed in to ensure there are no issues with mattress or bed frame:

David Ross
Director of Sales
973-898-6426 (ph)
dross@hanovermarriott.com

We are internally discussing how we can do a better job at billing for Advance Payments - I agree that customers should not have to call to receive refunds, and it is very important for our hotel staff to review our guest's bill for accuracy upon departure. I'd love to discuss this with you in greater detail so please feel free to reach out - I truly hope we receive another chance to win your business back.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good standard Marriott. A little dated in places. Staff was helpful. New Thann bath products are great but the housekeeper forgot to refill them each day.
Biggest beef is the shower head, which emits so little water it's almost impossible to properly wash one's hair. I do not know whether this is truly a water pressure issue or the hotel just being stingy trying to save water but since you end up in the shower for like 45 minutes trying to get the soap out someone should tell them this practice of bad shower heads clearly does not SAVE water. If anything it wastes water - rivers of it, while guests stand their futilely trying to make an impotent stream do the impossible.
And it's a big time-drain as well. Not good if you are racing to meetings or events. Marriott has to fix this. It's the kind of thing that takes a perfectly serviceable 4-star TripAdvisor rating down to a 3! Otherwise though it's a nice hotel for a few days. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the last of the Fall leaves, room service was good, bed was comfortable, parking easy, front desk friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RobertaAnthony
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Let's begin with the positives - I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, our room service, comfortable bed, easy parking and friendly front desk. It sounds like we got mostly everything right, except I am so sorry you did not have a good experience with our shower and shower head. I would like to research this further and have the room you stayed in checked out by our Engineering Dept. - if you wouldn't mind emailing or calling me with your name and stay dates, or room number if you remember it, at dross@hanovermarriott.com or 973-898-6426 I would appreciate it. The hotel was built with many green initiatives in mind, though we'd obviously like to consider potential changes if it helps to make our guest's stays more pleasant and comfortable. We'll also re-energize within our housekeeping department the standard to refill any bath products once used - thank you for sharing.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we hope for the chance to get a 4 or 5 Star rating after your next stay with us.
New Jersey
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed on Business and his birthday. They upgraded us and treated us like royalty. Customer Service was outstanding. We had a perfect night. A special thanks to Emily in Sales who booked our room and upgraded us, Derrick and Ryan for excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad to hear you had a "perfect night" and such a great stay, and I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Emily from our sales team, and both Derrick and Ryan from our Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Hanover again soon!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family stayed at this property for one night in conjunction with a wedding group. The staff was very friendly and efficient. LOVED the pub and restaurant. We enjoyed a breakfast buffet and there was a nice spread of food. I slept so well on the bed - it was very comfortable. Wifi worked fast. The only negative was the coffee presentation in the room. I needed to look for it and when I did, there were only two creamers and the coffee was not tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review highlighting our "very friendly and efficient staff," our "comfortable beds" and authentic Irish Pub, The Auld Shebeen, Those three benefits and features of the Marriott Hanover are what makes us the ideal venue to host wedding guests for overnight accommodations. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I appreciate your feedback on the coffee stations which are located in each guest room under the television in the credenza - we will take that feedback and discuss internally if there is something we could be doing better.

Thank you again, and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Courtyard Hanover Whippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!