“Very good hotel with a new feel to it”
Review of Hanover Marriott

Hanover Marriott
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very good hotel with a new feel to it”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travel to NJ wit work a lot and this is the first time I have stayed in this hotel.

I must say I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean and well appointed. The lobby is very bright and nice with plenty of seating and a fantastic looking wine bar, which i did not try but will on my next visit.

they offer a free shuttle service which is good and runs well.

Overall, I will return for sure.

Green Features: They have a service where you can forego cleaning for extra Marriott points.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, and I am so glad you stayed with us for your first visit at the Marriott Hanover. We agree that we have a great staff whose goal is to make your stay enjoyable, and our hotel product is updated and clean and offers a wide variety of services and amenities like our Auld Shebeen authentic Irish Pub, our unique Lobby Wine Bar, and our complimentary hotel shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and thank again for giving us a chance, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave the staff here treats you extremely well. The rooms and common areas were all very clean despite it being the middle of winter. My room was warm upon entry (it was a very cold day) and stayed that way throughout the cold windy night. The bath products were excellent, and for the first time in ages I was in a hotel with properly working wireless. Unfortunately the bed was exceptionally hard leaving me with a poor nights sleep and plenty of body aches in the morning. I was told that this is now the standard Marriott bed, which means I will have to avoid Marriott's in the future. I also booked my room using the prepayment method. Once charged I had to call for a partial refund because I was charged double (one single charge for double the amount). I now also have a new charge for the amount of the stay, in addition to the original payment, that I am going to have to get refunded...definitely not something that a customer should have to do once, let alone twice!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts about your recent stay. While I'm pleased to hear your kind words about our staff, the cleanliness and warmth of our hotel and your enjoyment of the hotel's wireless internet connectivity, I am troubled about the comfort of your bed and the billing issues you encountered. A comfortable bed should be at the top of the list when choosing a hotel, and we've previously received some great feedback and reviews about how comfortable our beds are. I would like to research this further - if you wouldn't mind calling or emailing me at the following so I can ask your last name so we can check the room # you stayed in to ensure there are no issues with mattress or bed frame:

David Ross
Director of Sales
973-898-6426 (ph)
dross@hanovermarriott.com

We are internally discussing how we can do a better job at billing for Advance Payments - I agree that customers should not have to call to receive refunds, and it is very important for our hotel staff to review our guest's bill for accuracy upon departure. I'd love to discuss this with you in greater detail so please feel free to reach out - I truly hope we receive another chance to win your business back.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good standard Marriott. A little dated in places. Staff was helpful. New Thann bath products are great but the housekeeper forgot to refill them each day.
Biggest beef is the shower head, which emits so little water it's almost impossible to properly wash one's hair. I do not know whether this is truly a water pressure issue or the hotel just being stingy trying to save water but since you end up in the shower for like 45 minutes trying to get the soap out someone should tell them this practice of bad shower heads clearly does not SAVE water. If anything it wastes water - rivers of it, while guests stand their futilely trying to make an impotent stream do the impossible.
And it's a big time-drain as well. Not good if you are racing to meetings or events. Marriott has to fix this. It's the kind of thing that takes a perfectly serviceable 4-star TripAdvisor rating down to a 3! Otherwise though it's a nice hotel for a few days. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the last of the Fall leaves, room service was good, bed was comfortable, parking easy, front desk friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RobertaAnthony
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Let's begin with the positives - I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, our room service, comfortable bed, easy parking and friendly front desk. It sounds like we got mostly everything right, except I am so sorry you did not have a good experience with our shower and shower head. I would like to research this further and have the room you stayed in checked out by our Engineering Dept. - if you wouldn't mind emailing or calling me with your name and stay dates, or room number if you remember it, at dross@hanovermarriott.com or 973-898-6426 I would appreciate it. The hotel was built with many green initiatives in mind, though we'd obviously like to consider potential changes if it helps to make our guest's stays more pleasant and comfortable. We'll also re-energize within our housekeeping department the standard to refill any bath products once used - thank you for sharing.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we hope for the chance to get a 4 or 5 Star rating after your next stay with us.
New Jersey
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed on Business and his birthday. They upgraded us and treated us like royalty. Customer Service was outstanding. We had a perfect night. A special thanks to Emily in Sales who booked our room and upgraded us, Derrick and Ryan for excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad to hear you had a "perfect night" and such a great stay, and I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Emily from our sales team, and both Derrick and Ryan from our Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Hanover again soon!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family stayed at this property for one night in conjunction with a wedding group. The staff was very friendly and efficient. LOVED the pub and restaurant. We enjoyed a breakfast buffet and there was a nice spread of food. I slept so well on the bed - it was very comfortable. Wifi worked fast. The only negative was the coffee presentation in the room. I needed to look for it and when I did, there were only two creamers and the coffee was not tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review highlighting our "very friendly and efficient staff," our "comfortable beds" and authentic Irish Pub, The Auld Shebeen, Those three benefits and features of the Marriott Hanover are what makes us the ideal venue to host wedding guests for overnight accommodations. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I appreciate your feedback on the coffee stations which are located in each guest room under the television in the credenza - we will take that feedback and discuss internally if there is something we could be doing better.

Thank you again, and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed there for two nights over Thanksgiving, with a great senior rate for a king bed room. Very convenient to NYC (via train) and great NJ shopping opportunities. The room was clean and in immaculate shape. Welcoming lobby and nice restaurant. Hotel staff was very accommodating and answered all our questions in a pleasant manner. We didn't take advantage of other amenities ... but we'll stay there again when visiting family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review, and I am glad you found the hotel convenient to both NYC (via the Morristown & Morris Plains train station) and nearby NJ shopping attractions. We appreciate you highlighting our staff, because our team members is what will set us apart from the others. It is nice to have a beautiful and updated hotel, but our people is where we make our mark.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area soon, and thank you again for taking the time to write a review!
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for a week in Feb 2012 for work. It was a very nice quiet and clean hotel. The staff is very polite and helpful, even in the middle of the night when I realized I had forgotten my toothbrush. The lobby is artsy and inviting. Love the fact that I could sit right there and help myself to a glass or two of wine from a dispenser built into the wall. The pub is also delicious for supper or a midnight nosh. Room was very clean, quiet and well-kept. Would stay here again if there's any reason to be in NJ again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Fantastic! Thank you for your review - we agree with you about our "quiet and clean hotel", and "polite and helpful staff" - and I'm glad you had the chance to try our Lobby Wine Bar and Auld Shebeen Pub. We hope you find a reason to visit NJ again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Courtyard Hanover Whippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!