“Nice Quiet Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Indianapolis, IN
“Nice Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for a week in Feb 2012 for work. It was a very nice quiet and clean hotel. The staff is very polite and helpful, even in the middle of the night when I realized I had forgotten my toothbrush. The lobby is artsy and inviting. Love the fact that I could sit right there and help myself to a glass or two of wine from a dispenser built into the wall. The pub is also delicious for supper or a midnight nosh. Room was very clean, quiet and well-kept. Would stay here again if there's any reason to be in NJ again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Fantastic! Thank you for your review - we agree with you about our "quiet and clean hotel", and "polite and helpful staff" - and I'm glad you had the chance to try our Lobby Wine Bar and Auld Shebeen Pub. We hope you find a reason to visit NJ again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
phillipsburg, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the restaurant and bar. The bartenders and staff were really good as was the drinks and food. I did get the name of bartenders which were AMAZING!!! Thank you Mike and Ching you two were GREAT!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, and I'm very happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your appreciation of Mike and Chin from the Auld Shebeen Pub - we agree with you they are the best and they genuinely love to take care of our guests!
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott for a weekend as we had a family event to attend. After a fairly long trip to get there, we were pleased to enter such a beautiful and relaxing lobby. A lot of attention was paid to establishing a lovely, spacious environment with neutral colors, comfortable modern furniture, and dramatic lighting. Every viewing angle was a retreat for the eyes. The front desk staff was exceptionally outgoing and welcoming. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable, the heating quiet, and the design again, was warm and relaxing. The two restaurants at this hotel were fine. The Irish pub had a limited but authentic menu and really looked and felt like an Irish pub! It was fun, if a bit bawdy around the bar, but that's what pubs are about. Seeds restaurant in the morning served a delicious breakfast either a la carte or brunch. Again, the beautiful windows, lovely colors, good service and soft music in the morning were all appreciated by weary road and family event travelers. This hotel even makes up a bit for those annoying jug-handles all over N.J. that got everyone of us "out of towners" lost at one point or another over the weekend! The price per night is excellent, of course more than made up for if you go to the hotel restaurants. However, we really appreciated the fact that everything was available if we wanted it, and didn't have to leave the hotel for anything but attending the event and visiting. If you are in the area, say 'Yes!" to this Marriott.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Angel54046
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! We are so proud of our hotel and our staff, and I am so happy to see you were pleased as well. We take great care in both our facility and service, from the "beautiful and relaxing" design of the lobby and clean and comfortable guest rooms, to our warm and inviting team members. We appreciate you being our guest, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Hanover again soon!
west chester, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Hanover Marriott in October, 2013. Our son is getting married & we came up to find places to have the rehearsal dinner. The Marriott was one of the places we wanted to check out since the wedding party & guests are staying there in February. The hotel is newly renovated. The lobby is very modern & there is an Irish Pub on the location site. The rooms were very clean & updated.The bedding was very comfortable. The rate was very resonable for this particular hotel. There was also a convention going on plus several wedding guest staying & I found it to be very quiet. The hotel sales manager Tuscany Medesto was very helpful & couldn't have done more for us. I would definietly recommend this hotel :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Wow! Thank you for your kind words and glowing review - we couldn't agree with you more! I will be sure to share your thoughts with Tuscany as well - she genuinely cares about the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and I know you are in very good hands with her. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel soon!
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice place, well located. Clean and staff are friendly.
I stayed one night only but I liked. Besides the hotel is locatted beside the road, noizes are imperceptible. I would stay for more days for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Fantastic - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kalispell, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let me start by saying first and foremost, this was a nice hotel with rooms that were dated but well kept. One could tell that care was taken to make repairs, repaint and perform other maintenance when required. My wife and I were only staying for one night so we didn't get a whole lot of exposure to all the services the hotel had to offer but the ones we did were good. As you can see from my ratings below, this hotel only made it to an average rating and below I will tell you why I feel it didn't make it to "Very Good" level.

1 - The service at the front desk as I checked in was good but the clerk made no effort to go above and beyond or offer me an upgrade. I made some small talk and found out that the hotel was only at 70% capacity so with us only being there for the night an upgrade should have been a no-brainier. Even if the club floor was full there had to be upgrades from our basic "King" room. This was an unpleasant surprise.

2 - We were directed to park on the side of the building to come in through an entrance other than the main door. When we got parked and up to the door with our luggage there was no way in the door without climbing twenty of more stairs (see photo). This showed a clear lack of attention to detail as the clerk should have asked about our luggage. I think he was more interested in other things.

3 - I have no idea why hotels do this but please do not put water bottles in my room with a tag that has small print that says "A charge will be billed to your room if consumed" (see photo). This is a cheesy tactic and one best left for lesser organizations than Marriott. If I want to buy water I will buy water. how about offering complimentary water for your Rewards members? That would leave a much better experience.

4 - When the coffee machine in the room is stocked it would be best to best to leave two of each type of coffee as often times it will be a couple staying in the room. If it is only one in the room there is no harm in having the ability to make two cups of coffee. My wife and I awoke to just one caffeinated coffee packet for the two of us (see photo). Once again, not a pleasant customer focused experience.

5 - We used the Club Lounge when we arrived at the hotel to have a night cap (water/juice/fruit) and saw the attendant sitting at one of the business stations reading the Internet. She did not greet us nor ask if we needed assistance. Certain items were also out on the counter and she had not restocked the items or removed the dishes if the items were not available to be re-stocked. I know these are little things but they add up to a less than professional presentation my Marriott who prides itself on being professional and catering to families and business travelers.

I know I am a bit critical but I hope it is constructive and Marriott will take my input as an opportunity to improve their image at this location. For me, it takes more than just doing one's job to get "Very Good" rating and a hotel must be way above and beyond on customer service and experience to get an "Excellent". I do not give these rating away and take this probably more serious than others. I would recommend this hotel to others as I think they are on the verge of "Very Good" but just don't expect to be over whelmed with customer service or a memorable stay. You'll most likely get a good stay that will serve it's purpose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience from your recent visit - there are obviously many areas where we could have done a better job and gone above and beyond. I agree with you that the Marriott name is not one that should convey "average" - and average is not what we strive for. We will certainly take this feedback to heart and find ways to improve and do better.

Feel free to reach out to me at 973-898-6426 or dross@hanovermarriott.com if you would like to discuss your experience further. If you are planning another trip to the area please let me know, and thank you again for sharing.
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very convenient location for my business meetings in Parsippany area.

Very nice, modern design to the hotel lobby area. Very helpful front desk staff, very friendly and efficient.

I had stayed here once previously and had a room that was affected by noise from the lobby below. I called ahead this time and had mentioned that and asked if there was anything that could be done to avoid that noisy area. When I arrived, they had assigned me a room in a different section of the hotel and it was perfect-- quiet, comfortable, etc. I am looking forward to staying here again next month for another business trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CindeeP
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Excellent - thank you for the feedback about your prior visit, and I'm glad you were able to get a good night's rest for your business meeting. Thank you for highlighting all of the updated features of the hotel, and for commending our staff. We have an amazing hotel and truly have some great people working here who will do anything it takes to make your stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you on your next business trip to the Parsippany area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
#8 of 16 in Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!