“Very large, very busy, with pretty rude GUESTS”
Review of Hanover Marriott

Hanover Marriott
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is actually quite nice, but better for meetings, weddings, events rather than personal stays. With large events, you get an assortment of guests - and many don't care about the quality of your stay. I think some of the earlier negative reviews were unfair to the hotel. I had quite nice desk staff greet me, my room was fine - although a 36" vanity in a Marriott seems a poor decision - the bathroom was quite large and could accommodate a double vanity. The pub in the lobby looked quite nice but I didn't take advantage of it. I ordered room service for breakfast and it was fine and arrived on time. I visited on business and stayed here solo, and the trip to the office was quick and easy - once I figured out I had to make an immediate lane change as soon as l left the parking lot. Good location off the highway. Driving in the area is nuts though. Next time I think I'll stay at a smaller hotel.

Room Tip: It's a bit hotel so be prepared to walk. Try to get a higher floor to be away from events.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Doug V, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with some of our guests. Certainly, as a large hotel in a highly populated suburb of New York City, we have all kinds of exciting events, meetings and purposes for individual stays. With that said, we make every effort to provide a comfortable and personalized experience for each of our guests. If you have occasion to return again, please contact me directly in advance of your visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hanover Marriott for a special event on January 26th.........as did many family members and friends.......We found the rooms very clean from bathrooms throughout and the beds SUPER COMFY :) I love the choice of soaps and hair products from Bath and Body works......they were a nice treat!! We all enjoyed the buffet on Sunday --- it was a nice spread with a variety of choices....very fresh fruit and an omelet station for starters...

The staff was also very friendly checking in and out...The only problem we found was a shortage of luggage racks and bell service...

I would definately return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and feedback. We hope to have you return soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here as it's near my daughter's college. I was pleasantly surprised as it's really not near a big city but had all the bit city comforts. Staff was very, very nice and uber accommodating. Beds and bedding were VERY comfortable. Shower spray was good and the water was hot. Best of all, the thermostat actually worked so we were able to be comfortable at the temperature we prefer. Had the yummy Sunday buffet breakfast, which was quite a bargain for all you got.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and your overall stay. I will share your compliments on the buffet with our Chef. See you soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I Wanted to thank the dear staff of Hanover Marriott in whippany N.J
Brian, Amy, Kristie, Courtney, Donna and especially David who was so friendly and caring, helping us from the begining until the last minute of the weekend with a smile, You were absolutly great this is my second year coming to this Hotel for the womens retreat and your service and accomodations is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much and keep up the good work:)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our caring service and friendly staff during your past stay at the Hanover Marriott! I appreciate the great feedback on those individuals and will share these comments with our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

All in all, the stay was good at this return trip for a dance competition. Some information though: Ahead of time I requested a quiet room, refrigerator and late check out. When we arrived, we were put on the top floor at the end of a VERY long corridor! I thought that it would definitely be quiet. However, when I got into the room I discovered that the room was facing a highway (could definitely hear traffic noise) and was directly across the hall from a service entrance. A refrigerator was not in the room. I called and they were very accommodating by bringing a refrigerator. It took so long to get cool though, that I just used an ice bucket and ice. The room was clean (I'm obsessed with a fear of bed bugs) and that made me very happy. We had brunch at Seeds on Sunday and the portions were huge. I will make the reservation again next year but will be more specific about my quiet room requests.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that doesn't face Route 10
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your past stay at the Hanover Marriott! It is important to us to exceed expectations and make each and every stay personalized. Your comments about the Seeds Breakfast having huge portions and the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms will be shared with the team. I look forward to having you back for next years competition!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Woke up to snow and icy conditions - as I was walking to our rental car a friendly staff member greeted me and cleaned off my car before I could even get a scraper out. I've stayed over 900 nights at hotels and this service far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for kind words regarding your last stay here at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure hearing how our staff members greeted you in the parking lot and assured that your car was cleared off prior to leaving! I will share your feedback with the team and look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been traveling to the Whippany/East Hanover area on business for over 15 years and I choose to stay at the Hanover Marriott every time. Several of the staff have been there as long as I can remember. They always recognize me and welcome me with a smile each time. It's super clean and the renovations that have been done over the past few years are fantastic. Whether it's room service, concierge, restaurant personnel, or the front desk, everyone seems to work very hard to make sure your stay is a good one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is great to hear that our staff recognized you, greeted you with a smile and made you feel welcomed in all areas of the hotel. It is service like this that makes you feel at home, we look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
4 mi away
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!