“The place to stay when close to this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanover Marriott

Hanover Marriott
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Syracuse, New York
“The place to stay when close to this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I find that I am in this area of New Jersey for well over 200 nights and have stayed in many of the area Hotels. I have found the the Hanover Marriott is hands down superior to the rest, you cannot beat the Hotel.

When you first enter the newly renovated lobby and make contact with the front desk staff, it only gets better. I have found that everyone on staff at this Marriott from the housekeepers, maintenance engeeners, concerier staff, restraunt and bar staff up to the General Manaager seem to ber focused on only one thing and that is to make your stay not only pleasant but frutfull, when here on business.

They have done an excellent job on the newly renovated rooms, upgraded televisions, wireless service, and work desk area that makes the time there working, almost pleasant.

Behind the "Wine Service Wall, away off the main lobby they have the "business center" with computers and printers also there is an area with a couple of "Livingroom" chairs facing a gas fireplace, which when I am able to have my wife travel with me says it makes you forget you are in a hotel.

The irish pub is the palce to unwind and have a great meal, in additional to the normal Pub style menu they have now started a couple of Daily "Menu Enhancements" which have been excellent. And the staff at the Auld Shebeen are second to none! .

So the Hanover Marriott is always our choice of Hotels whenever we are anywhere in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting family in the area and have had a great experience. The hotel has been renovated recently and is even better than before...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Have stayed at this Marriott several times. My wife an I at times just want to get away for a time and this Marriot does it for us. It has a pool indoor/outdoor which is very nice. We useually get the breakfast lpan with is unlimited. They also have a nice Iris Pub, food is very goog. There are also several very good restaurants no more then 30 minites away as well as sone malls.

Room Tip: Join Marriots club and you get preferential treatt
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Westlake Village, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

Business takes me to NJ nearly every month. The Hanover Marriott is my first choice in hotels due to the extremely friendly front desk, concierge and restaurant staff. They go out of their way to make my trip enjoyable - from greeting me by name, clearing snow from my car and a friendly offer to help at all times! The newly renovated lobby with wine bar and updated rooms makes this a great hotel for both short and extended stays.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

I hope all Marriots update their look like this. Very responsive service. Very comtemporary feel. Loved this place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

Nice updated hotel with friendly staff and the food was good for our meetings

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed at the Hanover Marriott with a group of coworkers. We were in New Jersey for a week of training. The hotel was incredibly clean, the room was great and bed was very comfortable. When you are away from home, it is important to be as comfortable as possible and I definitely felt that at the Marriott! The staff was the best part of my stay, the manager Michael went above and beyond to make sure my entire group was taken care of the whole week. He personally helped load the groups bags on the day we left. They accommodated us with their complimentary shuttle to and from our office/training location and local restaurants. I didn't expect such wonderful service and doubt I could find it anywhere else. The hotel bar/restaurant is has a traditional Irish pub theme. What a great place, cool atmosphere with excellent food and drinks. It was so nice to hang out there and unwind after a long day at work. It was a big hit among all in my group! I have family about 15 minutes from Whippany and the next time I am in NJ the Hanover Marriott will definitely be my hotel of choice from now on!

• Stayed November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
#8 of 16 in Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!