“Good food, pricey”

The Auld Shebeen Pub
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Whippany
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This authentic Irish pub in New Jersey is located inside Hanover Marriott. Traditional Irish cuisine is served at the Irish pub in Parsippany, NJ that was imported from Ireland and fashioned by artisans to give the pub a genuine feel.
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Hanover Marriott which houses the pub. Got late(9:15pm) decided to eat at hotel. I think the pub is independently operated. Expected to pay premium, was not disappointed. The food however was outstanding for all three of us. I had the Cottage Pie, wife had the Cod with Quinoa and my daughter had the chicken fingers w fries. You have to pay a little more but the service(my wife can't eat gluten and they bent over backwards to accommodate her) was great and the meal outstanding.

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

This place is always fun and has great food. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Great selections for everyone and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

Picture this - Saturday afternoon at the busiest hotel in the area, a Once upon a Time convention at the hotel, crowds of people looking to eat lunch. We chose this restaurant because of its location and ease in meeting friends. We have eaten there many times and love the food (sandwiches and Irish Pub food).

Today, however, we arrived at 1pm and were told we had a 30 minute wait. About 15 minutes later the hostess came out and we think she said our table was just getting cleaned off and would be ready soon. We were talking and talking, visiting and catching up; lost track of time. So we checked on our table and the hostess said she didn't have any idea when we would be able to be seated.

We were about to leave and suddenly there was a table available. As we walked through the restaurant, we counted 6 or 7 EMPTY tables that would have accommodated our party of 6. This place has a lot of nerve making us wait for what turned out to be an hour when so many tables were available. Bad management.

I had the 'roasted' beet salad with grilled shrimp. It was a pile of cut up beets that looked canned on a tiny thin layer of frisee lettuce, tiny bits of hazelnuts, topped with goat cheese and dressed with a sherry vinaigrette. I expected less beets and more lettuce. dressing was tasty good portion of goat cheese. $17 because I added shrimp.

Other sandwiches at the table - grilled chicken panini (tasty sandwich), and IPA Horseradish Pastrami Sandwich (open-faced every bite amazing) and mile high Reuben, Sweet potato fries were typical and good.

I gave this place 3 stars for the lousy service at the front desk that was disorganized and confusing.

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

The food at this pub is always delicious. The mussels are out of this world! The broth is spot on garlicky and pancetta, so good. The steak was great but didn't need the sauce, braised ribs so tender. The bartenders are nice as is the wait staff, all so friendly and accommodating. The ambiance is very old Irish, they brought most of it over from Ireland I think. There is a little nook off the bar that is dark and cozy I could hang out there all day!

Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Just had an appetizer, but it was delicious. I had the bangers and mash.

I would definitely eat here again. I don't say that about many hotel based restaurants.