“Great for extended stay”

HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel since 2009, and once I stayed here, i never stayed at another hotel when in the vicinity. The managers (Chip. Andrew) go to extra length to make everyone comfortable and address any issues (if any). The staff serving breakfast and evening snacks is very friendly and eager. Gym is decent for an exercise, and since it is located in a quiet area, you can always go out for a jog. Reservations were super easy (with Mike helping out and was very courteous). If only there was something like a basketball hoop. Overall, i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to this area.

Room Tip: Try and choose rooms on top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HarryXVIII

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year and have decided that it has replaced my former favorite in this area. The rooms are nicely furnished and attractive. This is a suite hotel so there is a living room/kitchen room and 1 or 2 separate bedrooms. Staff is friendly. Complementary breakfast is nice but not outstanding. Evening "snack" provided with 1 free beer or wine and I think that it may be $3 after the first. I haven't been to the fitness center yet but I'll be at this hotel the next 2 weeks and I plan to take my workout stuff and check it out.

Only 1 glitch so far - their wireless didn't work in one room and after wasting an hour with support I asked to be moved and keys to my new room were delivered quickly. Internet was woring in the new room. Also, I bring my own coffee and filters - they provide what I consider poor in room coffee. However, they have great coffee in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Verify internet working as soon as you arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel is very hard to find from Route 10, which is the main highway in Whippany also called “the strip”. There are many hotels on the this road and all are hard to get into regardless of which side of the road the hotel is on, mostly because the you have to make jug handle turns to get to anything. There is no signage on the road showing where the hotel is, unless you are watching the road signs which are very small. Add this to a fast moving four lanes of traffic and that can cause you to completely miss the turn.

The hotel is only about 5-8 years old. The main lobby is setup a little differently than most hotels. When you walk into the main lobby there is a small desk to the left of the doors. The individual checking me in was very efficient; however she wasn’t very personable or pleasant.

The Room:
The room was very large. Upon entering the room, you are presented with a large family room style setup with a small kitchen on the right. You have access to a full sized refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, over/stove and full bar height eating area. There was food in the refrigerator already, not sure if it was from a previous person or if they stock them for use and charge you for you using the food. It seemed like some of it was left there from the previous people. (eww?)

The bedroom is separate from the main room and is off to the left, the room has its own doors and access way. To the left of the bed area is a very large, single sink bathroom. The counter tops were decent quality and the carpet area throughout the bedroom, but the bath room was all tile. The bathroom itself was decent, smaller side, with a regular standing shower/tub. The door jam entering the bathroom could have used some touch up and paint and the ceiling also could have used some touch up paint.

The room itself was semi quiet, however, a few nights into my stay a person stayed in the room directly above me. I could hear everything, every move the person made and even the person walking around. Thankfully the person was out the next day and it wasn’t too big of deal.

Every morning we had the opportunity to get continental breakfast which was included in our room. I am never a fan of these because they usually ALWAYS stink. This one was right on par with being HORRIBLE. The food that was served was gross, and the small pastries looked like they were sitting out for a week. They had some plain bagels which were super stale and a small selection of juices. The biggest thing everyone wants in the morning is a nice cup of coffee, let me say this, the coffee that was served at this hotel was the WORST coffee ever. It was marketed as "starbucks" made for Hyatt with their special blend of some sort. I am fairly certain that the coffee was Starbucks leftover coffee from failed coffee tests of new blends that failed the quality assurance testing. Junk!

Overall the stay wasn't too bad....I would probably opt to stay at the Marriot the next time which was across the street. 6/10

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Bella213
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The hotel is a good place to stay for long term stays. It has free complimentary breakfast Monday through Thursdays with free evening snacks as well. It is a quiet and friendly hotel. Located conveniently near to the airport and other departmental stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Stayed for an overnight for business. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Suite had everything you would need for an extended stay, including a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Everything was clean and comfortable. The hotel offers grocery and local shuttle services, as well as other things to meet the needs of their guests. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. Wish I had more time to stay to relax and enjoy the amenities. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Place is extremely nice has a full breakfast kitchen with everything you need service was great love this place!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family and I were traveling for the sad occasion of my grandmother's funeral. We had to make travel arrangements with very short notice all while dealing with the grief of my grandmother's passing and the task of planning her funeral. My sister found a great rate at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. When I took a look at the trip advisor reviews, the hotel appeared to like a nice clean hotel. After our stay I can say the hotel and customer service was outstanding!

In total we had 3 rooms reserved for 6 adults and 4 chidlren. We requested an early arrival from the hotel. Because they weren't overly busy that particular day, the htoel was happy to accommodate our request. When my mom and I arrived at the hotel, as we were walking to the front desk the General Manager Chip came out of his office to the front desk to greet us. Not only did he greet us but proceeded to check us in himself because the front desk representative was busy with something in the back. That is service! When a general manager comes out of his office to help a guest, that says something about the experience the hotel wants you to have.

I wanted to confirm that the couch in the living area was a pull out. Chip confirmed that it was but also graciously agreed to upgrade our rooms to a two bedroom suite so we wouldn't have to use the pull out!! Not knowing why we were traveling in town and in spite of the low rate we received when booking, Chip and his staff did their very best to make us feel welcome and comfortable during out short stay. My mom and the rest of my family really appreciated his kindness.

This is an all suite hotel. The rooms were very clean with a modern and crips decor. The Kitchen was also very clean with new appliances and wood floors. Plates, pots, pan, paper products and full size fridge were all available. There is also a small/low island where you can eat or just sit. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living area which held a full size sectional coutch and flat screen television. Each room also had it's own flat screen AND it's own bathroom.

The hotel serves a complimentary full hot breakfast. The dining area is well maintained and seemed to be continously serviced by the staff during breakfast. They served eggs, sausage, fbiscuits, rench toast, cereals, oatmeal, fruit,and more.

As this is NJ there are several great diners on RT 10 going East or West. We stopped by the Whippany Diner which is heading East. Very good food! There is also a Shop Rite and Stop and Shop grocery store about 1 mile down on RT 10 going West.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to the area. I would highly reccommend it to others especially families traveling with chidlren or for the business traveler.

Thank you again to Chip and the staff for their service and help during the difficult time for my family.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ETraveler_2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Morristown
#3 of 5 in Morristown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!