“Not exactly what I expected”

Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This extended stay was comfortable enough, but needs attention. The room was very clean and updated, no complaint there, but there didn't seem to be enough staff to keep up with the mess people make in hallways and on the grounds. Staff were pretty nice. There were very small waste bins outside as you enter, (part ashtray/part garbage) that were always brimming with refuse, and stayed that way for days. The hallways were often littered with debri and the "trash room" was gross. There were 2 forks, 2 spoons, etc and no dishsoap or drain stopper to wash dishes with. I requested a stopper and in the 10 days there, did not get one. They did give me dish soap upon request though. No dishwasher which I kind of expected from other extended stays. Overlooking the untidy hallways and grounds.......the room was fine and the location perfect for my purposes so overall an okay place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is built like an L and there is no central stair case to exit. I would request a room clo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I found this hotel to be comfortable, albeit a little lackluster. It's pretty 'no frills'.

The continental breakfast consisted of a muffin; a breakfast bar; instant oatmeal; or an apple or orange (and coffee or tea). But, hey that's why you have a kitchenette. You can cook a great breakfast in your room if you want to.

The room was very clean and we received extra linen when we checked in. The front desk clerk was attentive. The location was about a half hour from NYC. This hotel worked for us. We would return, now that we know what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank myswanstyle
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Julie colonial was the best EVER!!!!!!, I recommend my friends and other co-workers to use this stay wen they are out here, she is the best hostess EVER!!!! I recommend it to all. she was very nice and treated all guest very well!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Comfort, facilities etc is quite commendable,

but if you are paying ~$100 a night, you would expect to atleast have a dishwasher in your room. Plus a gym and a pool and a barbeque spot. These are things I had when I stayed at an Extended Stay in Piscataway 2 years back and I payed $57.50 a night (including tax)

I kind of felt cheated. But then again I am just a visitior to US from India. I didnt know rates and rules change from city to city within a same state

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The smell of smoke leaks wafts through from smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms. Other than that complaint, the hotel is totally fine. The kitchenette was well-stocked, room was clean, and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very good place, clean and nice supportive staff to cater to your needs. Best deal for staying long(Extended Stay) and the name of the hotel live upto the expectations. Best part was having a complimentary shuttle to pick and drop to Office locations. I loved my 4.5months of stay there. Hotel manager and staffs are very humble and always there to answer your queries. Hotel rooms are pretty spacious and the high speed free wifi is a plus.
I am looking forward to stay in future.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I accepted a position for a nearby company who offered temporary housing until I found a more permanent place. I chose the Extended Stay and have been very pleased. The room is clean with a kitchenette, the location is perfect for my situation (about 10 minutes from my new job), and the staff is very helpful. The other guests seemed very quite and respectful of others, and it was kind of nice to walk in after work and smell everyone cooking dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
#3 of 5 in Morristown
Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains

Been to Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany? Share your experiences!