“Great local Italian Restaurant”
Review of La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

La Dolce Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Had dinner here recently with two other couples and everyone loved this place. The food presentation was excellent. Our meals were terrific. The service was very attentive. We were here midweek, and the restaurant wasn't overly crowded. Can't say what it would be like on weekends.

1  Thank beelzebub

Reviewed January 8, 2010

Good place to go for lunch. chicken balsamic with pasta including salad or soup for 9.95 which is not bad at all. It's BYOB. Not so kid friendly but great to go with coworkers or some friends. I do wish they bring back the mashed potatoes. They were good but no longer have them. Overall it's a great place to go for a nice lunch not so much for dinner.

1  Thank PR4LIFE
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I've eaten many top restaurants in NJ, but La Dolce Vita is as good as any. Atmosphere is casual and inviting and the service is good and friendly. Their food is just outstanding with reasonable prices. Many of my firends, incluing those came from Italy, love their food very much.

1  Thank uJL
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Had dinner at this local place over the weekend and all I can say is 'run, don't walk away from it'.
I don't typically write negative reviews, but at my husband's urging, I must.
We're fans of supporting local establishments, and thought we'd try this Italian restaurant that's recently moved to a larger space. We thought that any non-chain restaurant who's able to move to larger facilities in this economy must be worthy - NOT!
The space feels like a warehouse with tall ceilings (not in a good way) and no style at all.
The food was just horrible. "Risotto" with seafood was actually overcooked long-grain rice with an odd sauce to make it appear creamy. The seafood was pure iodine. Simple chicken parmesan with a side of pasta was worse than the Hungry Man frozen version.
Just see no reasons to ever try this place again with so many other options around.

1  Thank foodwinechickie