“Perfect for Valentine's Day”

Bibi'z Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bibi'z Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Westwood
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westwood Avenue
Transit: Westwood train and busses run all day.
Description: Best gluten-free, allergen-friendly, healthy, artisanal cocktails, girls night out, organic wines, lunch, brunch, dinner. Globally inspired, thoughtfully sourced, eclectic cuisine in a Zen-like, elegant ambience.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I had the $45 Groupon (one appetizer, 2 dinners & 2 glasses of wine) and were excited to try this restaurant. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and seated immediately. The ambiance is lovely and the menu had more than enough choices. Our appetizer and meals were delicious; the only "tweak" I would add is including a veggie (broccoli, sprouts, asparagus ?) to the lamb shank as it was only meat and potatoes but the flavor was wonderful. Dessert was yummy ... at the suggestion of our waitress (who was really, really nice !) I had the lemon mascarpone cake which was out of this world ! We will surely visit again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I used a Groupon coupon on thursday night which was also a Ladies Night and Jazz Night. I was actually look forward to slower delivery of food since we wanted to still be there when the music began (we didn't realize that the music was way up front in the bar room, not in the dining room). We ordered an additional appetizer to the one allowed on the coupon and specifically asked that they take their time about bringing the entrees. One appetizer was delivered and while eating it, the entrees arrived! To his credit, the waiter, who was not the server, was aghast and had it sent back with the assurance that they wouldn't just reheat it (I had ordered fish and that would've been awful). When the appy was finished, we mentioned that the second appetizer didn't come. He apologized and said he forgot it. We had ordered the crabmeat stuffed scallops and the hummus which was supposedly homemade and fabulous. The scallops were stuffed with Nothing and MAYBE there were some crumbs of crabmeat on top of them. The hummus screamed for lemon juice-Sabra's was superior. My fish arrrived whole with head and tail (not mentioned when reading as a special) and the assurance that it was filleted but there could be a couple of misses. Well, I found a big pile of misses, but fortunately they were large bones and easy to find. My husband's panko crusted chicken with salad on it came on a cold plate which quickly cooled the chicken. Oddly, the next table ordered the same thing and was warned to beware the hot plate. My fish came with about 5 halves of braised brussels sprouts as the only accompaniment and for $30, that was sparse. The taste was just OK. The waiter broke a glass at the next table and at another table a couple left because they were never attended. To his credit, the waiter apologized to us several times and offered to treat us to a glass of wine or dessert.
Later, we went to the bar and there were a few "regulars" there and a reggae couple who were pretty good. Would we go back? Nope, not even with a coupon. There are too many other restaurants to enjoy.

1  Thank Franny21
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were immediately greeted and seated when we walked in to this attractively decorated restaurant. The decor is smart, well lit and pleasing to the eye. There is a bar and small lounge upon entering.

We were seated and given menus to review. 10 minutes later a waitperson asked for our order. We ordered a 'Nibble', and appetizer and entrees. A few minutes later another waitperson asked if we were ready to order???

Well, we ordered to cauliflower friti as nibble and fish taco as appetizer. Well, 20 minutes later both arrive at the same time.. Not a good sign. the nibble was a big disappointment. It was supposed to be cauliflower flash fried with a sour cream dipping sauce. The cauliflower could best be described as dipped in grease and place on a white plate with a white dipping sauce. it was not hot, nor crisp, with a sauce that was dominantly raw sour cream. The cauliflower did have a good flavor if you ignored the grease.

The fish taco was served on a plate that we were cautioned was very hot. Why you would heat a plate and then place mesclun garniture on it is not clear to me. The bits of fish were tasty but again not crisp from frying or soft from sauting. The overall dish was weak to us.

Then twenty minutes later out comes the main courses. I ordered the porterhouse lamb chops with a fig/port reduction, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. Worth the wait. The chops were ordered rare and they were perfectly cooked. definite 5 star work. The black figs and port were nicely married together and complemented the meat. The potatoes were unctuous and just a bit of lump to give texture. The asparagus as well was a pointe.

My wife ordered the lamb shank which was of equal caliber even though I only had a small taste. The meat fell off the bone easily and was sweet and tender. The potatoes were also fine. No veg with it.

We asked for some bread when the entrees arrived to daub into the sauce. It took two askings and it appeared when I was finished. The bread which is an indicator to the type of restaurant, would have been superior if it had been hot. A very fruity olive oil was server with it which would have made more sense at the beginning of the meal rather than the end.

We forged on to dessert. We decided on the creme brulee which we were told was a chocolate variety. Our previous experience with the chocolate variety was not a great success. This one joins the ranks. After ordering it, we had another waitperson ask if we would like to see the dessert menu.

After 15 minutes, we decided it is time to get moving. We asked for the check which arrived in about a minute. After paying, the waitperson said they would check on the dessert. Another five minutes an voila it appears. The dish has the requisite brulee crust, but underneath was not an custard like dessert but an smooth dessert the consistency of a semi-soft truffle. The chocolate was tasty but it was like eating soft rich truffles.

Great place for a main course if you have the time.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Bibi'z is one of our favorite restaurants, The food is consistantly very good, service is very attentive. We particulary like the variety of food offered on their menu. we highly reccommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I had a groupon deal to eat at Bizi'z. The deal was one appetizer and two entree's for $45 dollars. Seemed like a good deal. We arrived on time, and were promptly seated. The menu was very impressive, and it was easy to make our choices. We waited patiently for the waitress, while we waited we noticed people arriving and standing in an area about twenty feet from us. This group kept getting bigger. Finally our waitress arrived and we asked what was happening with the now large noisy group. We were told that it was a holiday party. The noise was awful. When our food arrived we realized that we could no longer talk to each other as the noise level drowned us out. Eating was not a pleasure. We picked at the food which was quite ordinary. We waited again for our waitress to come back to us. When she finally came back, we said no to desserts, and asked for a check. Bizi'z does not know jack about running a successful reasturant. We will never go back and not recommend it. Not a pleasant night out.