“a nice surprise.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“a nice surprise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were looking for a new wing place and stumbled on this spot.
We went on a Sunday afternoon and were pleasantly surprised.
It was nice and cozy inside. The service was excellent and the grub was pretty good. The roast beef special looked good but we opted for the wings and sampler platter. Both very good. I would recommend this place for a Saturday or Sunday trip.

• Visited December 2013

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Great Scene, Food, and Drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I love Schileens. The night life is always fun. The service is great. The drinks, and food are great. This was always my favorite bar to hit in my younger days. These days I tend to order food, and pick it up. Either way, I give it top marks.

• Visited November 2013
Gloucester City, New Jersey
“A Nice Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a place I've been passing for years and saying "I'll have to stop in there". Well I've finally went there tonight. After watching the number of roast beef sandwiches sign outside increase to 250,000 and all the talk about the best r. b. sandwich in NJ there was no doubt about what I was ordering. The sandwich was good, but nothing special. The atmosphere was fine, a nice irish bar feel. The wait staff was very friendly and good. Overall, it was a nice place but nothing special. I would go back but I will not become a regular.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Blake A
“best pub fare/drinks in local vicinity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Overall, is always a pleasant experience. The waitstaff is always attentive and the food is decent for pub fare. Recommendations are to try the roast beef (their specialty) or ham sandwiches. This pub you can actually take your kids in to eat like they do back in ireland.

• Visited December 2011
“Best service, great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

The bartenders make you feel like you belong. The bar food is excellent. Have been there many times. I want to go back many more times.