“Great Specialty Pizza and other goodies”
Review of Treno Pizza Bar

Treno Pizza Bar
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: From family-style dinners to parties on the patio, Treno offers authentic Italian fare. You’ve never had pizza like this before. Order up a fresh pie baked with the finest ingredients with your choice of our wood oven or our brick oven. Available for take out. Stop by for one of our First Friday events or host your next reception on our all-season patio. Pair up your meal with our selection of draft wines from our preservation system.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We love this restaurant for their pizza, wine and ambiance! We recently visited and had their wonderful calamari appetizer made with olives and hot peppers. We also had the Crostini with the home made ricotta which is unbelievable! Our pizza was the Roasted Apple which was also very good. This is a nice, charming, affordable restaurant with incredible tasting food and great wine selections!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Treno has wonderful brick oven pizza (you can get personal size) with a good variety of interesting toppings - my husband loves the prosciutto, fontina and arugula. They also have fun appetizers, like garlic shrimp bruschetta, and great salads - the beet with goat cheese is my favorite, and very good pasta dishes and other entrees. They change the menu seasonally, so you might not get a past favorite but there will be something else good to try. The service is usually very friendly and good. Be warned that it is NOISY when busy. Try the back room, which is open-air in warm weather, and back bar, for a change. We've always had good meals here, and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great food and selections that you can't get other places. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service was great.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had dinner once at we thought it was oaky at best. The restaurant looks nice, atmosphere is okay. Food qyuality was varying. One good out of three dishes is not considered to be good. However overall we had te idea it was average.
Then we ordered a few pizza's as a take out order. That was a mistake. We picked them up and at home we were really disappointed.
Burned on two sides at a few places the piza's didn't look very attrative. So we ripped those pieces off. Then we noticed the wetness in the middle. Bad, bad cooking!!!!!
Last time we will do this.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm always looking for good and interesting pizza, especially because I'm a vegetarian which excludes the likes of sausage and pepperoni pizza for me. I recently visited Treno. The noise level was very high and made conversation difficult, but admittedly it was at night during the holiday gathering season. The staff was friendly and polite. Parking was a problem because of the lack of available spaces, but there are some nearby lots and Westmont is definitely a safe location. I found the pizza not up to the level I expected from reading the menu offerings and the prices. The crust that I expected to be crispy was instead limp. There was a lot of oil--enough oil that it dripped off the pizza slices when picking up the slices. My selection was supposed to have truffled herbs, but the slices tasted more as if they had been sprinkled with vinegar. I might go again, not sure. Prices seem high compared to the overall quality of the cuisine.