“Nice addition to restaurant row!”
Review of Amuse - CLOSED

Amuse
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Amuse offers a modern twist on classic, French dishes highlighting fresh, local ingredients. Serving lunch, dinner, and a weekend brunch, Amuse supports local growers, suppliers, and artisans as the basis of our seasonal menu. We invite you to try our steak frites served with pureed turnips and handcut French fries cooked in duck fat.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I had a late dinner on Sunday. The restaurant is very impressive in a simplistic way. The decor is minimal and refreshing for a French restaurant. The atmosphere is laid back. No pretense.

We started our meal with carrot soup and a beet appetizer. The soup was good. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the beet appetizer which also had cashews and Gorgonzola cheese. I had a forkful and it was very tasty.
I had duck and my wife had swordfish. Both dinners were good, not great.
The highlight of the evening was the Raspberry Soufflé. The best dessert soufflé I have ever tasted. Have been to great restaurants in Paris, but this was perfection !

All in all, a great nite and we definitely will be returning and recommending Amuse to friends.

1  Thank Joe R
CJ R, Owner at Amuse, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind compliments, Joe. I'm so happy to hear that you and your wife had a good night. It's really nice to know that you tried a variety of our menu items. If there was anything that could have made your main course better, please don't hesitate to reach out. That said, I'm thrilled that you loved the Raspberry Soufflé, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

All my best,
CJ, Owner

There are newer reviews for Amuse

Reviewed May 24, 2014

C.J. Reycraft, chef/co-proprietor of this new, modern French bistro in the heart of Westfield, has brought a winning menu and a creative flare to this charming town in central New Jersey. A former sous-chef at the highly-rated Chez Catherine, also in Westfield, Reycraft has combined old and new to update some great French classics. The menu changes frequently to take advantage of the very best that its suppliers can offer. I started with a simple garden salad which was wonderfully executed. The streak frites was reported to be excellent! Scallops brought raves and the salmon was perfect. Our table of six applauded Chef Reycraft when he made a surprise visit to our table to inquire about our meal. Service was prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. Because of Westfield's limited available liquor licenses this is BYO. Reservations are accepted. Rush to this restaurant and cheer on this hard working, very competent team of professionals. Small suburban towns are lucky to have such places and they need all the support locals can offer! Highly recommended!

CJ R, Owner at Amuse, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. Your compliments really mean a lot. From the Steak Frites to the Salmon, I'm truly thrilled that you enjoyed it all. I sincerely appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come back to visit again in the future.

CJ

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have been to amuse many times. It has never disappointed the food is innovative but not too out there The atmosphere is fun yet elegant.

CJ R, Owner at Amuse, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind compliments, Jeannie. It's so great to hear that you always have a nice time and enjoy your meal when you stop in. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

A very special restaurant has arrived in Westfield! The ambiance is cozy and charming. The staff are professional, very warm , friendly, and attentive. The food is AMAZING! I love scallops so I have ordered scallops for dinner in many restaurants and this was the best scallop dinner I have ever had. Our potato leek soup was not memorable but my entree and dessert was so delicious, that I can not wait to go back and try everything else on the menu. We tried the passion fruit souffle which not only looked beautiful, and was a very generous portion, good for sharing, it was incredibly light and magnificently delicious. The restaurant is packed on the weekends, but we went on a Wednesday night and it was very easy to walk in and get a table. Lunch is probably also a good time to try it because it may not be as busy. Try it and hope you all enjoy!

CJ R, Owner at Amuse, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I can't describe how much your kind compliments mean to all of us here at Amuse. Hearing that we served you the best scallop dinner you've ever had is a huge dose of encouragement. I'm thrilled that you decided to join us for dessert, as well, and try our Passioin Fruit Souffle -- it's one of my favorites, as well. I also have to mention how much I appreciate your shout-out to the staff. They work so hard, and it's nice to hear that you appreciated the service. I hope you'll come back and join us again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant right after its grand opening and we loved it. Food was delicious and presented very well. We will be back soon!

1  Thank TOM L
CJ R, Owner at Amuse, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I'm so glad you decided to give us a try, Tom. It's really great to hear that you enjoyed your meal and are planning to visit again. I hope to see you sometime soon.

All my best,