“Family Party”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My brother had a dinner following his son's baptism at the Mojave Grill. The food was superb and the staff was fantastic. I had a fillet that was so good my tongue wanted to jump out of mouth and slap me.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great flavors and reasonable price. Same owner as Theresas next door. Nice serviers and reliable place BYOB

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My friends have been recommending we eat dinner at this Tex Mex place but we never got the opportunity to do so. I was happy to hear that Mojave Grill was participating in Restaurant Week Sept 30-October 11. I popped in for lunch and the restaurant week menu was a joke.

Appetizer-Sorry, we only have minestrone soup. Really? Why would you have minestrone soup on this menu anyway? Why not serve quesadillas or empanadas?

Entrees-1) Peanut BBQ pork sandwich 2) Blackened chicken with cheese and avocado

I ask the host if they can serve grilled chicken instead of blackened chicken and he says, ok, no problem. I tell the waitress this and she comments that they will now have to charge me for the minestrone soup since they are now making me a grilled chicken dish instead of blackened chicken dish, and that is a different choice. Really? Because someone wants a dish prepared without spice they now have to pay extra? Cheesy.

I tell the waitress never mind, I will just order off the regular menu instead. If you didn't want to participate in Restaurant Week, then don't participate!!! Definitely not coming back here for dinner now.

BTW, management, how about fixing your webpage so people can see your menu?

1  Thank EscapeChick
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is gourmet southwestern. We have taken about a dozen friends and family over the years and everyone has given it a thumbs up.
Everything on the menu is good but you can't go wrong with the nightly specials.
On this visit we had the Ceviche, Chicken and Chorizo empandada and the brie quesadilla (special). The Ceviche is my favorite and I recommended it to our dining guests and they loved it.
For dinner the group ordered Lime Braised Pork (another one of my favorites), Shrimp and Sweet Corn tamale, pecan crusted salmon and lobster tacos. From the specials menu we ordered the Spiced Tuna which was outstanding.
The service is very attentive and very well executed. From opening your wine, it's byob to bringing out your food to clearing your plates they work very well together. The servers really know the menu. They actually try everything before dinner and their recommendations are always spot on.
The restaurant is smallish and does get crowded on weekends but it is not extremely cramped or noisy. The waiting area is small and does get pretty cramped but don't let that deter you.
We had another great meal and our friends that joined us for the first time said they would definitely return.It is a gem in Westfield! But remember, it is not a Mexican restaurant.

2  Thank MEGADAN
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The moment you step in you can smell the delicious food! The services was great and the menu offers a wonderful variety, tex~mex type food, affordable & delish!