“Great risotto special - NOT”
Review of Ferraro's

Ferraro's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferraro's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Westfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ferraro's Restaurant has proudly been a family run business since 1969. Since that time Ferraro's has become a staple of the Westfield community. With the simple philosophy, "Fresh is Best", Ferraro's has become a Westfield landmark. By crafting dishes like Sausage Lasagna and Cannelloni, Anna and Palmiro Ferraro have been pleasing patrons since the doors opened. Over the years, Ferraro's has expanded the menu and the dining space, but the emphasis has always been on ensuring customer satisfaction. Ferraro's gives the perfect blend of traditional and contemporary Italian Cuisine. In addition, we have our daily specials which offer many healthy choices as well as dishes from around the world. From our family to yours, we would like to invite you to dine with us and enjoy the Ferraro's experience.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

First time at this restaurant after they reopened. Very busy night so we had to wait for a table. Was told it would take about 40 minutes. It took almost an hour. After we were seated, it did not take long to be asked for our cboices. We ordered our appetizer and main course at the same time. The appetizer came our fairly soon after. Howevehr it took 45 minutes after the appetizer plates were removed to receive the main course. Way too long to wait. One of the meals ordered was a special risotto with shrimp and scallops. We placed our order at 7 pm and was told that they were out of scallops and would give more shrimp. We agreed. When we got the meal, this was no way a risotto. It came out as a mound that was in a form and then plated. Risotto should be creamy. I doubt they even used arborio rice. My wife ate the 4 shrimp they gave. The rice was dry and terrible. No way were we ordering dessert. The waitress was so busy that it took another 15 minutes to get our check. Not going there again. There way too many great restaurants in Westfield to choose from.

3  Thank zampi1

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Here for a wedding rehearsal dinner. Great room upstairs with a full bar. Great food and service. Very comfortable.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you like good Italian, Ferraro's is the place. I hadn't been back here since it was destroyed in a fire and it is now wonderful. They don't have call ahead seating and reservations fill up quick (on the weekend) but it is well worth the wait. They have an upstairs bar that you can wait in, instead of being cooped up in a small waiting area. It can also be used to parties and the walls open up to the balcony so you can watch the people on the street. Pretty cool. It was a beautiful night so the weather was just right for people watching. The food did take a little while to come out but the waitress was always checking on us as well as apologies for the back up. There were quite a few large groups dining. I got the Chicken Rolotini which was fabulous! 2 large chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella & pancetta, wrapped with bacon. They were the size of baseballs on steroids. :-) My husband and son both had pasta dishes, spaghetti & lasagna. Both quite tasty. One thing on the down side is that they are very proud of their food and seem to be a little pricey, though for Westfield this is no surprise.

2  Thank chrisjs32
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a lovely meal at Ferraro's about a year ago, but until I read a very recent review, I had no idea they accepted dogs in the outdoor area near their entrance. Although the person writing the review felt slighted that HIS dog was not allowed to be in a certain area of the restaurant, I am a health care worker and am appalled at the number of people who think they are ENTITLED to bring their beloved family pets to a dining establishment. I owned a dog for almost 20 years and I adored her. She was never left alone and she never ate common dog food. We pampered her in every way possible. But I would NEVER bring her to a hotel or dining establishment, as I DO have an understanding that even the most wonderful of pets are not human. As animals, they can spread serious germs and they can have potential behavior problems among strangers. Now that I know Ferraro's at least maintains a standard about animals at their dining establishment, I'll be sure to take that under advisement when picking out a restaurant in the Westfield area.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ferraro's takes advantage of its status in the Westfield community -- and it is said uses its influence to stop other competitive restaurants opening. I hope that's not true because Westfield is definitely sitting on its laurels. The Elm Street restaurants -- including Ferraro's -- are very ordinary. Ferraro's before the fire was a pleasant, over-sized local restaurant segmented into a formal restaurant, family section, and a large service-only bar/lounge. It is now three floors of pleasantly designed modern Italian restaurant. While the designer did a good job, it appears as if the owners are looking to make up on lost time with their prices/value. Food is safe and predictable. This is really a basic Italian restaurant masquerading as an upscale joint. If you want a great Italian meal for the same price, NYC is only 25 miles away.

Been to Ferraro's? Share your experiences!