“What a find”

Dining options: Delivery
PA
“What a find”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

For someone living in PA originally from New England finding great fish & chips is and has been my mission. Sometimes I get lucky, mostly not. This place I found on a whim with Google maps and thought it was worth a shot since I'd be in the area for a meeting.
Got the two piece cod with fries and a side of their onion rings (about $23.00 including a soda) and it was awesome. This is really worth the 2+ hour trip it will take to come back,
and back I'll be. (although will only get the one piece next time as it was a lot of food)

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank marksherePa

Red Bank, New Jersey
“I was hooked the first time I tried it!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Cod Almighty manages to create a relaxed and inviting atmosphere in an otherwise unremarkable strip mall. I have dined in several times, and taken out several more. The food is always delicious, and you are not locked into fried fish selections--although they do a mighty fine fish fry!! Their fish tacos are excellent--probably the best that I've had-and their "specials" menu usually has something (like a seared tuna) that makes you think the chef/owner is wasting his fish talent on the fryer. The prices are very reasonable, and since it is BYOB you can walk out of there stuffed to the gills (I know, I know..) with your wallet still very much intact. I have tried the fried oreos only once--which still probably exceeds the FDA guidelines--but was glad that I did.

• Visited October 2011
Union, New Jersey
“Great Cod Almighty!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We gave Cod Lmighty a try for the first time for dinner tonight, and were very pleased. We both had Cod & Chips, and found the fish to be very fresh and the batter light and tasty. The restaurant is small, but very clean and comfortable. We're looking forward to tryng more selections from the menu, now that the fish and chips passed the test with flying colors! A great value!!

• Visited September 2011
Central NJ, USA
“Authentic and Delicious Fish, Chips, and More!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Having dinner at Cod Almighty was an excellent experience, and I know I'll be back!

First, although it's on the small side - call ahead if you have a big group - it's absolutely pristine; everything is so clean, it shines. Tim and Rick welcomed us happily and were fun and friendly throughout the evening. So the ambiance was good to begin with, and great rock music in the background and those classic fish nets festooned with plastic crustaceans made it even better!

We ordered fried clam po boys, the shrimp BLT AKA the surf n turf (such a cool concept!), the fish and chips, the onion rings, and the steamers appetizer. The generous portions made it easy to share, and all of us enjoyed every single dish. The beer batter was light and very England-authentic; the clam strips were breaded and very delicious; the onion rings were HUGE slices of fresh onion, totally delicious (not like fast-food minced onions shaped into circles, ugh); the shrimp BLT was both brilliant and extremely tasty. All of the sauces are made fresh - tarter, cocktail, a mustard-y spicy sort of dip, several others - and they taste it; the po boys and BLT were served on fresh rolls (Portuguese, I believe - so delish!)

The menu also includes other fried vegetables, fish tacos, chicken, chowder, and even fried desserts! There are plenty of options and the prices are completely reasonable.

Be aware that Cod Almighty is a BYO - but there is a liquor store about 200 yards away (how convenient!) if you want to have a nice ale or stout with your excellent dinner!

• Visited July 2011