“Very good coffee shop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rockin Joe's Coffeehouse

Rockin Joe's Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Westfield
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
westfield, nj
“Very good coffee shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good coffee; comfortable seats; nice people; reasonable prices--what else do you want in a coffee shop? Good music too and a convenient location. Food is ok.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DSM14

Rahway, New Jersey
“Great Coffee, Good Food, Confused Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

After many years of passing by this coffee house, we finally tried it this past weekend. I'll start off by saying their coffee choices rival Starbucks, and beat them out as far as different types available. They also brew a really great cup of coffee, which is the main event here of course. It has a nice musical atmosphere which appeals to those of us who are into that genre; old album cover memorabilia on the walls; good music playing, etc.

We had breakfast here and the food was better than expected but with hitches. Their waffle maker was broken and there were no croissants available for their croissant french toast (and the waiter didn't think to suggest regular french toast). Both of us settled on egg dishes because of this. My partner had a scramble with tomatoes and sausage which was cooked perfectly although a bit under seasoned. I had a goat cheese and spinach omelet with a side of bacon, that on first appearance seemed a bit small but was filled with more than enough of those two items to make a satisfying meal. The bacon was excellent quality and the meals were served piping hot. We both had Papua New Guinea coffee, which they say has "fig undertones", his hot, mine iced. Exceptionally good.

However, service was lacking. The place is staffed by a lot of young people, and there didn't appear to be what we considered a grown up in sight. It took almost 10 minutes to get coffee to our table, no utensils were given to us with out meal and we had to flag someone down for them, my order was taken incorrectly (the omelet) and had to be re-made which meant my BF sat there with his getting cold as I waited another nearly 10 minutes to get a new meal. As I mentioned, the waiter didn't have enough forethought to tell us that regular french toast was available since the special croissant french toast was not that day (the menu was surprising large and a bit much to read through quickly when told twice in a row what you want isn't available).

A few other small errors combined to give us an overall feeling that things here are slow and confused, and that nobody is really minding the place. I mean, they could be selling a lot more coffee, if the coffee came in a more timely manner. Waiting 10 minutes when you first walk in the door for breakfast shouldn't happen. By the time your food comes, usually I'd nearly be on my second cup if I was in a diner.

Overall, it was decent since the food was so good and we enjoyed the atmosphere for it's comfort and style. We'll probably try it one more time to make a comparison for the service, maybe we just hit it on a bad day or time; so I would recommend it with reservations. Just come not expecting to have an extremely quick meal. It's more for a leisurely experience and come with some patience as well.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Westfield, New Jersey
“Excellent service, drinks, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Love this place- great drinks (you get a lot for your money) and a comfortable atmosphere with a cushy windowsill and comfortable rest chairs. I highly recommend going here over one of the major chains. It makes for a much more personal experience. Plus, the dessert is SUPER!

2 Thank kearbear1616
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Fantastic Coffeehouse & More!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Up until a short while ago, I worked in Westfield and would make a daily trip to the Rockin' Joe for my daily fix - whether it was their java or chai. Even regularly took out one of their salads or sandwiches. Very friendly staff here & the prices are terrific!

One of the coolest things they do at this Rockin' Joe is they have a daily trivia question in rock.

Every time I return to Westfield now to do some shopping - I stop by for a fix!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cranford, New Jersey
“good coffee at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

there is also a Rockin Joe's in Cranford, NJ
both locations have great cappuccino and iced coffee
nice selection of treats
I have also had the quiche lunch which was very tasty

• Visited June 2012