“Creative Japanese Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Contrary to the looks from the outside, this isn't your average sushi place. It's elegantly designed and affordable. We went during half priced sushi Sunday. We had a great experience. The Clam Soup, Calimari salad and Sushi Pizza are Japanese foods I never tasted before. The sushi and uni were very fresh. It's family friendly and child friendly. You must go here if you're in the Westfield Area and in the mood for fresh sushi.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

The food here is OK. I will have to admit that the sushi is good - and the Hibachi is pretty good and it is family friendly. However, the service here is so lousy, that I cringe when people suggest meeting there.

I get the impression that the staff's motto is "Fujiyama Mama - You don't deserve us!"

Reviewed December 27, 2010

We go every year for New years eve and for a few birthdays. Great place for families. I wouldn't recommend it for couples! Kids everywhere! Usually when we go it's with a group of 6 or more. I love the food!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We love sushi, and Fujiyama Mama does it right. It's even a great value on half-price nights. Fun restaurant -- highly recommended.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Husband and I are big sushi fanatics and we have eaten at many sushi places from NYC to the more local Westfield area to south jersey and Fuyiyama Mama is one of the best. The prices are not cheap if you order items such as specialty rolls, but you get what you pay for. We have tried almost all of the specialty rolls and most are awesome, do skip on the Never try never know; that was forgettable. My usual is the Golden Dream (delicious) and also the sweet potato rolls are great for vegetarians. My husband loves the electric shock roll and the Spanish Mackeral Sashimi . I also love their bubble tea, a little pricey at $4 but hey its worth it for a treat! If you are on a budget, they offer half priced lunch, but specialty rolls aren't included in the discount. I have never had the Hibachi so I can't comment on it. Too bad they took the BBQ Unagi (eel) off the appetizer menu, I hope they bring it back. The Fuyiyama Mama soup is great too! Another thing I love about this restaurant is that they use top quality ingredients and you can really taste the difference. They use quality white ginger not the nasty pink type, and their wasabi is top notch. This place is packed on weekends and even weekdays we usually get take out to avoid the crowds. In the area, we have never had better sushi. The only other sushi place I recommend is in South Jersey. If you are in Atlantic City and like sushi, you have to try Izakaya in the Borgota (pricey but awesome sushi and sashimi), I promise you wont leave disappointed. We are very picky eaters and we eat take out from Fuyiyama Mama at least twice a month and LOVE IT!!