“After staying 3 hotels during the week prior to our visit this was the best of them all!!!”

Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Westampton
GreenLeadersGold level
Barto
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me just say I love this hotel and by far this is going to be hard to top! We stayed for a basketball Tournament and the night prior stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and this hotel exceeded our expectations by far. The lobby is large with bar, snacks and starbucks coffee. There is free coffee in the office area of the hotel which had several computers and printer available including large seating area for large parties. The best is the outdoor fire pit with seating close to pool and exercise room. The rooms were large and cozy with nice furnishings and decor, Huge bathroom and cute sitting area in bedroom. I just love that laundry detergent, toothbrushes and toothpaste could be given to you at no charge! What hotel does that? This place is all about service and I highly recommend this hotel chain to anyone deciding between the Courtyards competitors!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sweis24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. The lobby reminds me of a modern European hotel complete with a Starbucks coffee bar (huge bonus in my book), free WiFi, and a nice computer area for guests to use.

I also liked how the rooms are designed because there are nice touches like a taller wall between the sink and toilet that affords more privacy and prevents your personal items from falling onto the floor. I also liked the small shelf unit under the sink that holds the towels-it's something that I do in my own home so I found it cozy.

My only complaint is that despite trying to keep the ac low, the temperature was pre-set to 79 degrees which resulted in an uncomfortable night's sleep because I was hot. Now, I didn't call the front desk to see if I could adjust it any other way, so perhaps I should have done that as well. Overall, a nice stay and I would stay there again, but do ask about the ac.

Room Tip: Ask how the ac works to make sure you're not too hot
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as it was located to a new office that I am managing. You can tell that this is a newer property in the area with a Marriott brand name so I decided to give it a try. Arriving in the evening, I had a little pause as the the front desk representative was working on schoolwork. She was more focused in her textbook rather than guest waiting. The room was nice and did notice that the heating and cooling units were a little noisy like other people who reviewed the property noted. I also used the Bistro where it was apparent that new employees were present. Not really noticing, I was double charged for each of my bistro visits. Simple error to correct right??? Now I insert my critical review. After leaving and noticing errors on my bill, I called back to the property to have someone to look it. During the first call I made, I was forwarded to an "executive" voicemail which I left a message and contact details. After not hearing from someone, I made a second call where I spoke with someone about the erroneous charges. I informed the person answering the phone about the root cause of the error and I was given the "I will look into it and get back with you" message. After not hearing from 3 days, I called back AGAIN and was told that a credit was coming my way. A guest should not have to make 3 calls to have someone follow up on an issue. This is a very nice property and has potential to bring in serious revenue but the leadership should be keenly focused on ensuring "SERVICE" and "EXPERIENCE" to compliment and nice physical structure of this property. That focus should also go beyond normal business hours (i.e. after 7pm) Other than the lacking opportunities in service, the property is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank telecombusinesstrvlr
Shelter Island, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2013

First let me say how impressed I am with Marriot in general. We go out of our way to seek them out when we travel. This property was no exception. The young woman at the desk greeted me with a cordial smile (Thank you Candace) and thanked me for being a rewards member. She was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and couldn't have been nicer. Our room was clean and comfortable. We especially liked the bathroom with it's big shower and upscale toiletries. We will be sure to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent two nights at the Courtyard Westhampton in March 2013. For the very reasonable nightly rate, I was extremely impressed with this hotel. It's been recently renovated. The lobby and lounge area are gorgeous. The hotel rooms were beautiful, with really comfortable beds, great linens, and attractive furnishings. Even the shampoo & conditioner were high quality: Paul Mitchell products. Nice touch...my hair says thanks.

We had a whole soccer team stay and the boys had a ball in the swimming pool and hot tub. A word of caution, the pool is MUCH SMALLER than the hotel's photograph makes it seem. Nevertheless, it did the trick.

This was probably the nicest Courtyard by Marriott I've ever stayed in. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
White Plains, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The place looks new and clean. However, as expected in a hotel at this star level (2 to 3, maybe 3 at this point), attention to details is lacking. A good example of this is on the elevator. There were very visible dust at the corners of the elevator the day we arrived and the day we left. It appears it has been there for weeks, maybe even months. It seems pretty easy to just vacuum it. Just note of how I rate in tripadvisor. Depending on the star rating of hotel, I tend to adjust my expectations and my rating in tripadvisor reflect that expectation and not necessary affirm the star rating of the hotel. So I could easily give a 3 star hotel a 5 in tripadvisor based on my experience. In this case, there was nothing special in this hotel that would make me conclude otherwise. We stayed here for a visit at Sesame Place. The reviews I read over hotels close to Sesame Place were not great (3 out 5 at best and a lot of comments about uncleanliness), so we decided to stay here, mainly because the comments were predominantly talking that the place is clean. It was a bit of a drive, about15-30 minutes to Sesame Place including getting lost, but it's a better option. There are lots of free parking, there is a pool that kids will definitely enjoy and a courtyard. There is a fire pit in the courtyard, but it was not fired up when we stayed there. The place is next to a highway, so the noise could be bothersome for some customers if your room is facing the highway. I assume their primary customers are Interstate drivers looking for a place to rest. This hotel is located in an area where there are other hotels (next to it is a Holiday Inn). Overall, it was clean and we slept comfortably, but nothing that would make me remember it. That might be enough if you are just looking for clean and comfortable place to rest at a somewhat affordable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RRTraveler101
Iona O, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. The next time you visit the area, we do hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Best Regards,

Iona Olsen
Tracy, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early February of 2013. It's a 4 story with a great relaxing entrance area and the Bistro sports two tables with your own TV! The room was impeccably clean. The bathroom had a full size walk in shower ( for those with disabilities it's fantastic) that even had a foot rest for washing /shaving legs/feet. For someone who is 6' 4" tall that's a big deal!. The wireless internet was a snap to set up and remained stable. Overall just a great weeks stay.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the elevator and your all set.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael V
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to make every guest's stay an enjoyable and relaxing experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming your back again soon.

Best Regards,

Iona Olsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westampton
Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton
Quality Inn & Suites Westampton-Mount Holly
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton? Share your experiences!