“Unclean, shower didnt drain, lights didnt work, smelled like smoke.”

Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Westampton
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Unclean...balls of dust on floor. Hair in my sink. shower didnt drain, lights didnt work, smelled like smoke. Back of tv remote missing, batteries fell out. Just not a great hotel. Lobby way nicer than the rooms. Sports bar was decent. Stay at the hampton across the street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank patches m

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great place to stay. Hotel rooms are very clean and the staff friendly. Breakfast is great. The food in the restaurant is very good. The bar is outstanding. Fast internet through the entire building. And they have a good place to workout.

Room Tip: You do not have to worry about the room location as the hotel does not get highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped after driving for a very long time. The hotel was nicely lit and not intimidating for a mom traveling with 3 kids. The receptionist was exceptionally kind and gave me the best rate possible. The room was clean and the perfect size. The location was just perfect!!

The bed wasn't the best hotel bed I have ever stayed in but it was very clean so I will take it!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I like to stay here when prices in Philly are through the roof and have found it to be quite nice. They have a restaurant close which is nice but the one thing lacking is any trails or sidewalks that someone like me who likes to run when I travel can use.
Otherwise, easy to get to and a nice property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I tend to stay with the Hilton family of properties, and, of course, I wouldn't if my general experiences with the Hiltons were bad. To the contrary, most of the experiences were quite positive.

During 2012 I visited the Cherry Hill/Mount Laurel/Mount Holly more than I ever wanted, and I think I stayed in each of the Hilton properties in the area. During my last trip I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton. There was no wait time at the reception and I was quickly given the keys for the type of room I'd requested - non-smoking king.

Entering the room I noticed that the entire hallway seemed like the hotel was situated in an old building which they then renovated. I was quite surprised to learn that the hotel was opened in 2009, as the hotel definitely did not have a newer feel. My room had a smell, a very persistent smell. The smell was not associated with smoke (as a former smoker, I'd have recognized that). This smell was something akin to a bad body odor coming from the bed area (I later centralized the smell to the duvet cover). I had hoped that the housekeeping would take this offending cover away, but this was not to be. So, I slept without a duvet, and I know that it probably could've been fixed by the hotel. I think I was too cowardly calling housekeeping, saying i wanted a different duvet as this one had strange bo stubbornly hanging on.

The rest of the hotel was your traditional Hilton Garden Inn, with a pool and an exercise room. The only difference from what I'm used to was that the hotel had no in-house restaurant. Hotel's room service comes from the Recovery Sports Grill which is almost adjacent to the hotel. I decided to check it out, and had a bad experience (I wrote a whole review on Recovery).

As far as the location of the hotel, it is really good - just off NJ turnpike, close to 285, so everything seems equidistant. People working at the hotel are good and hospitable. What I did not like is that housekeeping on Sunday came in around 10am, took out the trash and used towels and left. For hours. I left, had some lunch, returned, and the housekeeping was just getting to the room. I only asked for some clean towels and told them I needed nothing further. I don't like random housekeeping.

The reason this hotel is getting such a low rating is the smell problem, as well as the restaurant with which the hotel associates itself (ok, a tiny bit is due to Sunday housekeeping). Should those problems be fixed, there would probably be a re-review (if I am to stay there again). Sweet dreams!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TravelinSonja
HGI_MountHollyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay. I’m very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your experience. I’ve already informed our housekeeping staff of your comments, and they are currently looking into the issue. I know we are capable of so much more, and would love the opportunity to make it up to you. We hope you will consider giving us another shot the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you have any further concerns or questions you would like to discuss.

Carrie Sayers, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here one night after Sandy knocked out our power. This was the coldest night of the two weeks.Needed to warm my bones. Room was clean and comfortable.Called the hotel direct to make the reservation but was forwarded to a reservation number. Wasn't an issue just thought it was strange.Nice sports bar and grill right next door.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not included in the hotel price. $9.99 for breakfast.Did not eat here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel couldn't be more convenient. It is directly across from exit 5. It is only a couple years old and very clean. The beds are the sleep number type and comfortable. It was very quiet and the curtains kept it dark so sleeping in was a breeze. A small store in tw lobby was open even when we arrived after midnight. It is a little pricey at $140 but definitely worth it. I would happily stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westampton
Hampton Inn Burlington/Mt. Holly
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton? Share your experiences!