“Really is the best Churrasco ever!!!”

LAS PALMAS RESTAURANT
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in West New York
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

After reading reviews of the Churrasco in trip advisor and yelp. I had to check it out. Happened to be in the area and went for a late Saturday Lunch. The place pretty empty when we arrived but quickly got packed. My wife ordered some apps such as chorizo and tostones stuffed with meat. Both were fantastic. Then came my Baby Churrasco. This thing was one big baby. I can't even imagine what the regular Churrasco looks like. It comes sizzling with onions and lime. I smelled amazing and tasted great too. The rice and beans were also fantastic. The sweet plaintians were not as ripe as I prefer but OK. My daughter got the chicken fingers which she loved. Overall this is the place to gonif you are craving Churrasco it is as good as the reviews say. I would pass on the lechon which was tender but not seasoned enough.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been to Las Palmas several time and the Churassco is the best I've ever had... period!! In addition, the service is impeccable, and everyone is super friendly. And, the prices can't be beat! On the weekends they have live music which is also top quality.

1  Thank gbobay
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant since I was a teenager. They always offered delicious Spanish food but it was about 8 or 9 years ago when I discovered their churrasco or skirt steak. It is absolutely the best churrasco in the Bergen/Hudson county area hands down. If you go during the week for the lunch special prices and eat downstairs it is super cheap. If you order the same steak for dinner upstairs in the nice restaurant area it is more than double the cost. Still worth every dollar. Some other dishes that I recommend are the rabo (oxtail), lechon (fried pork chunks), ensalada de aquacate (avocado salad). If you like yucca herbida (cassava) theirs is delicious. Also the white rice and black beans are good but I always go for the moro (mixed rice with black beans). I have only had 2 bad experiences with this place. I have ordered the lechon or pernil (sort of the same thing) and it was dry. Not really a big deal because it was still flavorful and if I have one dry dish out of 100 times that I have been here I'm not upset. Also recently I celebrated a party their and once member of my group got very ill after eating a mahi mahi dish. It may or may not have been the food. This was the only person out of my party that ordered a fish dish. I have never had the fish and wouldn't get it at a place like this. their specialty is meat! Definitely get a pitcher of the sangria it is delicious. the restaurant upstairs is very nice and also has live music most nights. My only complaint about this is that the music tends to be very (too) loud. You have to shout at the person sitting across the table from you. There is a nicely stocked bar upstairs as well. If you go at peak hours you may wait quite a while for a table but the food is worth it. One strange thing I have noticed is that the service of the girls downstairs in the luncheon type room is way better than the service of the men upstairs. All of the waiters upstairs seat you and seem to forget about you. You have to wave down whoever is walking past to get anything. I still recommend this place though. Also the upstairs is a nice place to host parties in their private rooms or even just in the main dining room with a large table put together. You may have to circle the block a few times before you find parking but you will eventually find a spot.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The small order is more than enough. It measured 16 inches long. I can only imagine the large order. Also had the maduros and arroz moro as my sides. Espresso for 80 cents you can't beat either. Def a comeback place!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great steaks and seafood. Good cuban cuisine. They have a wide variety of drinks and rice dishes. They also have a quaint dining room and the prices are reasonable