We received a letter from the manager with our bill that said, "We want you to LOVE our hotel!"
It's a decent facility. It was clean. Check in was uneventful. The suite was a nice size and perfect for what we needed. It was a little warm in the suite. We tried to adjust the air conditioning, but it did not seem to work. We called the desk before we left for the afternoon. Upon returning we noticed that the room was now much too cold. We tried turning off the air conditioning. No such luck. We called the front desk and they told us one of the thermostats was not working. Except we could not turn off the other air conditioner. They sent someone up to the room who told us the other thermostat was not working. He finally put both units on manual and we were able to get the temperature where we wanted it. Then there was the issue of the TV remotes not working. They sent someone up with another remote and he could not get any of the three in the room working. Oh, did I mention that the fire alarm went off at 8 AM the next morning and we had to evacuate the building until the fire department came.
The breakfast was good for a free hotel breakfast. Eggs, bacon or sausage and pancakes and really good warm cinnamon buns. The staff was nice. It would have been a great stay if the AC worked and the remotes worked and the fire alarm did not go off. These are not problems one would expect to find at an established hotel. While I would have like to LOVE their hotel it is a little difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of West Long Branch, NJ, ideally situated near exit 105 of the Garden State Parkway, minutes from Monmouth Mall and beautiful Long Branch Beaches. We are proud to unveil the latest enhancements to our wide array of first-class features the addition of 42 new guest rooms as well as a heated, indoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. As always, we offer attentive service with a personal touch to complement our spacious, attractive accommodations. Relax and revive with our Simply Smart bath collection and guest-recommended shower heads featuring three powerful spray settings. When it s time for work, you ll be pleased to find generous work desks, complimentary WiFi in our premier guest rooms and throughout the hotel, and a 24-hour business center. We also invite you to treat yourself to a stay in one of our large two-room suites or Jacuzzi suites for a step up in luxury. Every day, wake up to our complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar, including scrumptious cinnamon rolls and select hot items. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in (some exceptions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites West Long Branch
- Holiday Inn West Long Branch
- West Long Branch Holiday Inn