Maybe I was expecting more bc of the many great reviews?
1st the positives- The decor of the lobby, corridors and rooms was very tasteful and updated. Golds, ecru and navy. Very pleasing to the eye. Everything appeared clean and not run down from an aesthetic point of view. The staff was friendly and gave us waters and a pack of 2 cookies (a pack for each, husband and I would have been nicer) upon check in for being Priority Club members.
Now the negatives- The room itself didn't feel cramped with just 2 of us but the bathroom was crazy small. One person at a time for sure!!! To give you some idea.... the distance from the door when swinging into the bathroom from the front edge of the toilet was a clearance of 2 inches exactly. From the side of the toilet to the sink vanity edge was no more than 10 inches. So if you were at the sink you had to stand very close to it to prevent the backs of your legs from hitting the side of the toilet. There is no more distance than that from the other side of the toilet seat to the side of the tub/shower. So if you are stepping out of the tub and your husband come into the room to shave he may just bop you in the face with the door if you don't quickly step back into the tub!!! I am a petite person. I cannot imagine a very heavy individual managing in this bathroom. Also, the sink drain was almost 100% clogged. If you ran the water with the drain open for more than about 15 seconds the sink began to fill up even tho the drain was open. There was a faint odor of vomit at the point where the rug ends leading up to the bathroom, but my nose is extremely sensitive. Was not a strong odor but I'm sure at one point someone didn't make it to the bathroom there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of West Long Branch, NJ, ideally situated near exit 105 of the Garden State Parkway, minutes from Monmouth Mall and beautiful Long Branch Beaches. We are proud to unveil the latest enhancements to our wide array of first-class features the addition of 42 new guest rooms as well as a heated, indoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. As always, we offer attentive service with a personal touch to complement our spacious, attractive accommodations. Relax and revive with our Simply Smart bath collection and guest-recommended shower heads featuring three powerful spray settings. When it s time for work, you ll be pleased to find generous work desks, complimentary WiFi in our premier guest rooms and throughout the hotel, and a 24-hour business center. We also invite you to treat yourself to a stay in one of our large two-room suites or Jacuzzi suites for a step up in luxury. Every day, wake up to our complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar, including scrumptious cinnamon rolls and select hot items. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in (some exceptions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites West Long Branch
- Holiday Inn West Long Branch
- West Long Branch Holiday Inn