“Affordable Accomadations, excellent Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Tallahassee, Florida
“Affordable Accomadations, excellent Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been flying into new Jersey and working in the Long Branch Area weekly for over seven months now and have almost exclusively stayed at this particular hotel. Their staff is very accomadating and helpful, the breakfast they offer is very good, the gym offerings are adequate and the location is close enough to all of Long Branch that it isn't a long drive to any of it. Furthermore, after Hurricane Sandy, they made every effort to maintain their standards even in the face of frequent power outages and dramatic snowfall. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area, for vacation or for business.

Room Tip: Business travelers tend to stay on the fourth floor, its quieter over all, whereas families tend to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hi Consultant850,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch. We are glad you enjoyed your many stays with us over the last few months and that you enjoyed many of the amenities that we have to offer.

We hope to see you again soon!

The Staff at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I checked into this Holiday Inn Express not knowing what to expect. I have stayed at Holiday Inns in the past without being very satisfied.
From the moment I arrived and Brooke checked me in, I could not have been more pleased. I was there when Hurricane Sandy made landfall a short distance away and the hotel lost power. The staff made sure everyone was as comfortable as possible and provided flashlights for each room. Hotel staff worked long hours during brutal conditions and always had smiles on their faces and put the best interest for their patron's comfort first.
After the storm, the hotel was inundated with emergency workers and continued their excellent service.
This is a nice, clean and welcoming hotel. I would rate them the very best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. Special and personal appreciation go to Brooke, Sean and Clint. Through all the stress (and difficult, upset people) they worked with, they were never rude or abrupt. They went above and beyond to make me feel as though my being there was important to them. Thanks for making a difficult situation much easier. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the bed is terrific.Thier indoor pool and fitness center are very nice with modern equipment. Plenty of free parking.
The only recommendation I can make is to update the laundry room and maybe improve their hot breakfast items.
Overall, thanks for a great stay and I recommend this Holiday Inn. The rates and convenient location along with the superb staff make this a true bargain.

Room Tip: I always try to get a corner room which reduces noise and is near an emergency exit
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear memory4061,

Wow! All of us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch want to give you a huge THANK YOU for an amazing review!

Following the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, we wanted to make sure all our guests were comfortable and accommodated to the best of our abilities since we knew what a difficult time it was for so many. We are glad to hear that our efforts paid off and you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with the entire staff and thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here about 10 days during Hurricane Sandy recovery.

First the good: room was clean and well appointed. Nice breakfast area, but it's crowded and elbows bump easily. TVs worked nicely. Linens and bed comfort were good. Nothing fancy, but you're not paying for that. The area is heavily commercial with plenty of restaurants, stores and services nearby. The Garden State Parkway is only a couple of miles away and you're close to the beach as well.

Now the bad: While I was there, there were a large number of electrical workers restoring power. That's vital, of course, and we all appreciate their efforts. But the noise they generated at all hours was very disruptive. My room was immediately above the entryway on the third floor. At 6 a.m, a large bus pulled up every morning to load workers -- loud workers. The area below my room also served as the smoking lounge which was used late into the night, and again early in the morning. I heard voices outside my window very late and very early. And some nights, the workers hosted parties in the lobby with llittle regard for other guests. In fact, a female co-worker was verbally harassed in the lobby, in full view of the worker there.

Parking was another problem. The large trucks took several parking places each, leaving me to park up on the roadway most nights. Hotel management seemed immune to all of these inconveniences. I spoke to the front desk attendant about the myriad of problems and I got a shrug and an "Oh man, that sucks," from the hotel staff.

On another occasion, I had a package (business cards) delivered to the hotel and it was three days before I could find them at the desk. I asked why I wasn't called when they were delivered and I got a blank stare from the front desk worker.

Finally, the pool and their "salt water" was unusable. My kids visited for the evening while I was away and came back in tears because the pool water was so irritating. Never had my kids EVER said they didn't want to use an indoor pool, until here.

Room Tip: Something away from front of the building. Smokers gather at all hours below your windows and conver...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi ButchKin,

We appreciate you taking the time to rate the Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch on TripAdvisor. We are glad we could accommodate you and your family following the destruction of Hurricane Sandy. However, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

We did have a large group of workers staying with us to help with the recovery initiatives for Hurricane Sandy. Because of their hefty work load, they worked long hours usually starting very early in the morning and not returning until late at night which may have caused noise disturbances. During this very stressful time, the staff worked extremely hard to accommodate huge lodging demands for emergency crews and the displaced victims of Sandy.

Again, we would like to express our regret that you were not completely satisfied during your stay, but we hope you consider staying at the Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch at another time when we are not in a state of emergency.
LaGrange, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

my name is scott,we had to come up from georgia and help out with our company after the hurricane. Brooke gordon and her staff were the best of the best.They made sure we had a room for days went way out of there way to accomidate us.i stay in motels ever week with my job.and i no good service when i see it .I have never been treated as good as we were there .once again i want to thank yall for everything you did for us.yall are the best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hi Scott V,

First off, I would like to say that all of us at the Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch hope your company and fellow staff are now safe after Hurricane Sandy.

We greatly appreciate your fantastic review and we are glad that we were able to accommodate you during a difficult, stressful time.

Thanks again!
Dover, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The breakfast was average - basic buffet style options. The staff was friendly. The fitness center was well kept. The room itself was clean however I was very dissatisfied because the bath tub would not drain when I was showering. It would fill up to my ankles!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Check then got a free upgrade to a king Jacuzzi suite love the elephant towel character on bed and it was under $95. Would stay here again if in area. There was a friendly staff and cookies and Freewater when I checked in. Not close to NYC

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi KClevenger71,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in West Long Branch!

We greatly appreciate your fantastic 5-star review of our property and are happy that you had a great stay.

We hope to see you again!

-Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here recently and found the room to be nice and clean. Everything was well upgraded (window unit ac but hooked to a thermostat). Desk staff was courteous and helped us on multiple occasions with items we'd forgotten. Breakfast bar was standard for a holiday inn express with eggs, sausage, and good cinnamon rolls in addition to the normal breads, cereals, and juice/coffee. However we picked this hotel explicitly for the pool and while it was open (another hotel which claimed to have a pool was not) the water had a powerful chlorine smell, tasted bad when it got in your mouth, and left us feeling slimy after a few minutes. We were there three days and had planned multiple pool trips but after the first decided against returning. The only other gripe is that there's no entrance on the pool side of the building so if you arrive late you have to trek all the way around. So overall, great hotel, not so great pool.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hi Mike L,

We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch. Thank you for the wonderful comments you made about your room and our employees. We will be sure to share them with the entire staff.

We do apologize that you were unhappy with the pool conditions. Although we understand your concerns, we would have to disagree on your description of the pool. The pool on property does not contain chlorine and is actually a salt water pool. Perhaps you experienced a different scent and feel because of the salt water.

Unfortunately, we do not have an entrance for guests in the back of our property. However, there are four entrances – the main entrance and three other side doors – which guests may use.

Thank you again for staying with us during your travels and we hope to receive a 5-star review from you in the future.

-Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch
4.0 of 5 stars 81 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch? Share your experiences!