Stayed here about 10 days during Hurricane Sandy recovery.
First the good: room was clean and well appointed. Nice breakfast area, but it's crowded and elbows bump easily. TVs worked nicely. Linens and bed comfort were good. Nothing fancy, but you're not paying for that. The area is heavily commercial with plenty of restaurants, stores and services nearby. The Garden State Parkway is only a couple of miles away and you're close to the beach as well.
Now the bad: While I was there, there were a large number of electrical workers restoring power. That's vital, of course, and we all appreciate their efforts. But the noise they generated at all hours was very disruptive. My room was immediately above the entryway on the third floor. At 6 a.m, a large bus pulled up every morning to load workers -- loud workers. The area below my room also served as the smoking lounge which was used late into the night, and again early in the morning. I heard voices outside my window very late and very early. And some nights, the workers hosted parties in the lobby with llittle regard for other guests. In fact, a female co-worker was verbally harassed in the lobby, in full view of the worker there.
Parking was another problem. The large trucks took several parking places each, leaving me to park up on the roadway most nights. Hotel management seemed immune to all of these inconveniences. I spoke to the front desk attendant about the myriad of problems and I got a shrug and an "Oh man, that sucks," from the hotel staff.
On another occasion, I had a package (business cards) delivered to the hotel and it was three days before I could find them at the desk. I asked why I wasn't called when they were delivered and I got a blank stare from the front desk worker.
Finally, the pool and their "salt water" was unusable. My kids visited for the evening while I was away and came back in tears because the pool water was so irritating. Never had my kids EVER said they didn't want to use an indoor pool, until here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of West Long Branch, NJ, ideally situated near exit 105 of the Garden State Parkway, minutes from Monmouth Mall and beautiful Long Branch Beaches. We are proud to unveil the latest enhancements to our wide array of first-class features the addition of 42 new guest rooms as well as a heated, indoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. As always, we offer attentive service with a personal touch to complement our spacious, attractive accommodations. Relax and revive with our Simply Smart bath collection and guest-recommended shower heads featuring three powerful spray settings. When it s time for work, you ll be pleased to find generous work desks, complimentary WiFi in our premier guest rooms and throughout the hotel, and a 24-hour business center. We also invite you to treat yourself to a stay in one of our large two-room suites or Jacuzzi suites for a step up in luxury. Every day, wake up to our complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar, including scrumptious cinnamon rolls and select hot items. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in (some exceptions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites West Long Branch
- Holiday Inn West Long Branch
- West Long Branch Holiday Inn