“Best bet for the money”

Fairview, New Jersey
“Best bet for the money”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at the HI Express every weekend in the summer of 2011. We joined a cabana club in Sea Bright and needed a family hotel that did not break the bank being we were staying every Sat. from May-Sept.

The Holiday Inn is clean, has a decent breakfast buffet and a very nice staff. The major downside ? the rooms still smell like nicotine even though it is non smoking, the Ac's are mediocre at best and finally you get a lot of wedding/clubbers that tend to make noise at all hours. The staff does do its best to keep it calm at night though.

Compared to the other hotels around it is clean, reasonable and a good location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Robyn W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Exellent getaway for my husband and I we shared a wonderful stay. We would recommend all our friend I rate you hotel A+

• Stayed May 2012
Hotels_Unlimited_Inc, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Glarroy21,

We are very pleased to hear that you and your husband had a nice visit. We are grateful for your positive review and we hope you visit us again soon!
Limerick
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our stay here was super. The front desk team were really professional, welcoming, flexible and helpful - moreso than any hotel experience I've ever had ( which is a lot!) Standards throughout were very good, and consistent throughout our stay. The hotel is very clean, well presented, rooms are nice and quiet - even our room which was beside the lift. Will return here again.

Room Tip: Suites are considerably larger than regular rooms and well worth the little extra that is charged. G...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OrlaMT
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel since my best friend was getting married in the area. I have to admit that I was a little worried because I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn before and I am a little bit of a hotel snob. I book my room very last minute and this was all that was available. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room. It was updated and even nicer than some more expensive hotels I have stayed at. The beds were nice and comfortable and the cover was also nice and comfortable. I never felt it was dirty or outdated in any way. It is a very new looking hotel and everything seems to be redone or brand new. The disappoint that I had came with breakfast. They had no gluten-free options at breakfast and even the things that should be safe were not. The eggs were being used with the same utensil as things with gluten in them, and the plated were next to the toaster with crumbs everywhere. It is very sad to me that in 2012 a lot of hotels are still not accommodating. My room charge included breakfast which I never got to eat. I really hope that they get on board soon so that everyone can really feel welcome and comfortable. That was really the only bad part, and everything else was just great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I've been a priority rewards platinum member for several years now. The Holiday Inn Express in West Long Branch has exceeded my expectation twice so far and I already have an affinity for the one in Egg Harbor Township on Blackhorse Pike near Atlantic City. Warm, prompt customer service, upgrade to suite level without asking for it, housekeeping providing extra coffee when I requested - not to mention that the suite was immaculately clean. There's a very good reason for seasoned road warriors like myself to be loyal to Intercontinental -especially Holiday Inn.

I've been disappointed with some other locations, such as the one in Manahawkin, NJ (twice actually) and all I got was an apology, but W.Long Branch knows how to keep their loyal customers very pleased. I always look forward to checking in at that location because I know that I will be taken care of. Mr.Brooke Gordon, please thank all your check-in staff and housekeeping for room 421 on 5/11-5/13 for making my business stay so comfortable.

Dave S

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David S
Dear Dave S.,

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and we are pleased to hear that the staff was attentive to your comfort and needs. We will pass along your message of thanks to our staff and we all look forward to having you visit us once again!

Nonette, France
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel was clean, clean, clean, comfortable and did I mention clean? From the quick check in to the express check out!!

Breakfast was a perfect wake up! The pancake machine was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Tea was hot, coffee was hot, and milk was ice cold! Whenever something was low it was replenished.

Keep up the good work!!!! Will be back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Joy2625
Dear Urbanfan1,

We are happy to hear that you had a good stay at our property. We pride ourselves on clean and friendly service and we are glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant visit. Our pancake machine is one of our favorite things at the hotel and we are glad you enjoyed it as well!
We look forward to seeing you again,

st. louis
Reviewed April 25, 2012

What can i say Clint at front desk was Awesome! I WAS IN LONG BRANCH FOR A FUNERAL! & this hotel made sure a room was ready for my family! the bed was firm & just what my sore back needed! Breakfast was good & yes the pancakes out that machine were really tasty! The hotel is clean & very easy to find! The staff was friendly even at my 4am check out! will stay again!

Room Tip: talk to clint
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mcmt85
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear mcmt85,

I am sorry to hear the reason for your trip but we are glad you chose to stay with us. We are happy that we could provide you with a great stay and delicious pancakes. We hope to see you again soon for another visit!

Thank you so much for the positive review,
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Suites West Long Branch
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch? Share your experiences!