Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
“Huge Room”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night in a king whirlpool suite. The staff was friendly, but didn't seem to have too much personality. The room was huge, my girlfriend and I felt like we were in our own apartment. The hotel room was very very clean, also they had an elephant made from towels on the bed which was nice. My only problem with this room was the whirlpool tub. The jets are very small and seem to feel like cold water even with a hot water in tub. Also, I wasn't told the tub automatically turns on every hour to clean. The noise scared me and my gf to death lol. I was informed that I had to take tub molding off and unplug the machine manually and replug it if I wanted to use it. Now I am not lazy so I didn't really complain about it, but come on its 2012 you don't have whirlpool tubs that have a better system than that? To have to manually pull the tub molding off and pull a plug is rediculous when you pay like $140 for a night. Other than that the room and stay was nice. Also close to the beach.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank tzc5035

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I went to the West Long Branch Holiday Inn Express on a business trip. When I checked in the front desk representative was very nice, welcomed me as a priority club member, and had my room keys ready. The room was very nice and clean. I really liked the bed in the room it was really comfortable compare to some of the other properties I have stayed at. I had some documents I needed to print out and was able to in their business center.The WiFi was complimentary and the breakfast was great. One of the best stays I have had.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank William C
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Hi William C,
We are so pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. I'm happy we were able to satisfy your leisure needs as well as your work related needs. We hope to see you again in the future!

Thank you.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the HIE of West Long Branch. The place is so clean and the staff are very accomodating. Also, you can't beat the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Samara B
Passaic, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My #1 hotel choice to stay while away on business. I refuse to stay at any other hotel in the surrounding area due to the fact that the hotel is always clean, the staff is always friendly and professional and I never leave with a complaint. Brooke and Clint, the hotel managers, are always so accomodating and helpful. It is reassuring to know that I can come to this Holiday Inn Express and enjoy my time spent there. The rooms are always spotless, which allows for a peaceful nights sleep. It is in a great location with great people. I always recommend this hotel to friends I know who have to stay in the area. I never leave disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica G
Ocean City, MD
Reviewed February 28, 2012

A few weeks ago my family and I were visiting my brother's family in Sea Bright so we decide to stay at the HIE West Long Branch since there wasn't enough room at the house. This property was very clean and for a limited service hotel more than met our needs. We were greeted by a friendly front desk employee and as a Priority Club member I enjoyed being offered cookies and a bottle of water. I asked when the hotel was built and was told that a part of the hotel was newer so I asked to be put in one of those rooms and the front desk gladly placed me in that direction. Also, the breakfast bar was definitely a plus. Next time my family and I are in the area we plan on staying here again!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank YanksFan23
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We arrived at 4 pm and were warmly greeted by Cassandra at the front desk. Check in was very quick and efficient and she pointed out the breakfast area and directed us to the elevator after providing us with the access code for free wi-fi. There were luggage trolleys at the front door and plentiful parking. Our room on the third floor #321 was a two room suite with kitchenette and large bathroom. The livingroom had comfortable seating with a couch and armchair, coffee and end table and a flatscreen tv on a chest with ample storage. There was a work desk with good lighting and handy outlets for plugging in our phone charger or a laptop and a very comfortable desk chair. Open to the living area was the wetbar kitchenette with fridge and microwave. There was a roll of paper towels provided and a spare under the cabinet. The coffee maker had pods and cups ready and the maid gladly kept us supplied with refills. There was a coat closet just inside the entry door and bedding for the foldout couch was neatly folded in a clear plastic bag on the shelf. The large bathroom had access from the living room and a second door from the bedroom. The sink had a wide countertop, a hairdryer and there was a tub/shower with curved curtain rod. The bedroom itself was spacious and well furnished with a closet and good drawer space, a full length mirror, and reading lamps and nightstands on both sides of the king bed. There was a luggage rack in the closet as well as a safe large enough for a full size laptop. The bed had triple crisp white sheeting with a comfy down-type comforter, four pillows of various density and a very comfortable mattress. The door to the livingroom could be closed for privacy. The entire property was spotless and appeared very new. There was a small game room with arcade machines, a fitness room and an indoor pool all on the ground floor adjacent to the elevator. The business center had two computers and was well lit and adjoined the breakfast room. There was plentiful seating and a large flat screen tv available while enjoying fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, cold cereal, milk, toast, muffins, pastries, assorted breads, yogurt, fresh fruit and juices. The hot coffee was available throughout the day and there was hot water and teas and hot chocolate as well. The hotel itself is within a few minutes drive of the Monmouth Mall and the Monmouth Race Track, a movie theater and many restaurants and diners. There is a Shop Rite supermarket and liquor store directly across the street and its an easy ten minute drive to the beaches of Long Branch. What's not to love?? We'll be back!

Room Tip: Above the first floor you won't notice cars parking outside your window but the drapes close qui...