“Nice stay...good value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We had a very quick stay at the HIE in West Long Branch, NJ. We raced into town to attend a family funeral. Unfortunately we were running late, but the check in was very quick and we were able to get in, changed and on our way out the door again in no time.

The breakfast was very good. Eggs, sausage, cereal, breakfast breads etc. There was plenty of room to eat. Fresh items were consistently brought out.

We did not have time to use the pool or fitness room, but both looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kjbrbin

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days before a friend's wedding. The location was great. There are several food choices near by and just down from a big mall. Check in was quick. The room was nice but a bit small for 4 people. There was no frig or microwave. There is an indoor pool located just off the elevator. Children playing unattended made a lot of water trails from the pool to the evelator and up to the rooms-use caution. Parking was free and well lit. My only real complaint was that at 8:oo AM the maid was there knocking on our door wanting to clean. Bottom line is clean room-reasonable price and good location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KarenandTom
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Like most Holiday Inn Express Hotels, the property is clean and the rooms are well appointed. Breakfast and Internet are thrown in with the room rate - so it is excellent value for money. The hotel is not too far from the sea and a short drive takes you to the lovely promenade - great place to spend the evening especially in the summer. Staff are friendly enough.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Last weekend many members of our family gathered here for a nearby wedding. The place was full...other obvious wedding groups and many extended families were evident. The place was pleasant and clean enough, the main bed was great, but the sofa beds in the suites were extremely uncomfortable (at least in the two rooms that my particular family booked). However, I would not count on actually being able to feed your family even a simple adequate breakfast at the (6AM to 10AM) buffet. If this factored into your decision to stay there... you are advised to think twice. On Saturday around 8 AM, all seemed fine...we had a quick breakfast with most of us having toast, juice, choice of cereal with milk, fruit and the usual hot drinks. There also was yogurt, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, two other hot options (meat, egg dish and sausage gravy) and plentiful breakfast bagels, biscuits, muffins and breads, etc. BUT On Sunday, (at least) at 7:45-8:30 there was no milk for the cereal, no meat, no egg dish, no "signature cinnamon rolls", no bagels, no biscuits, (for the biscuit gravy which was the only hot option available), no OJ, no fruit, NO TOASTER for the bread or English muffins, and the pancake machine was malfunctioning. People were aggravated and the small buffet area was overflowing, backed-up with people asking for/waiting for more supplies, which never came. No one came to the aid of the staff member trying to deal with this either, and she was taking a lot of heat. If you wanted a packet of instant oatmeal, dry bran flakes or untoasted wheat/white bread...you were in luck. Despite needing to get ready for an early wedding, we were forced to find a fast food restaurant to feed the kids-very inconvenient to say the least. Monday was not much better---which surprised me as I witnessed several people complaining the day before. There was some slight improvement but most of the basics were still missing. I asked the desk about it and they said they were expecting a delivery later that day (after breakfast) and they could not explain why they ran out of everything. I asked the manager why they did not just take some petty cash and go over to any of the several nearby stores and pick-up (at least) a cheap toaster and some more cereals, and maybe some cartons of juice... and he just looked at me and told me they would be resupplied by Tuesday morning. I do not feel they handled this very well. Since they advertise it, they should at least be able to cover the basics and based on their reservations, figure out appropriate amounts of food to have on hand. I've noticed that sometimes hotel buffets run out if you arrive very early or very late but have never encountered anything like this before. More importantly, when things went wrong they did not seem to take any initiative to help their guests. Although this is the most convenient hotel near my New Jersey family, and adequate in all other ways, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BeachBibi
JerseyGirl166, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that the complimentary breakfast didn’t meet your expectations. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we did experience temporary shortages of certain breakfast items over the weekend in question. Luckily, these items were quickly replenished. We are happy to report that, over the course of a sold-out weekend, we received very positive overall guest comments about our breakfast offerings, and only one complaint. Breakfast item shortages are extremely rare, but we will take steps to help ensure that our guests never have to wait for breakfast items in the future. We truly hope that you’ll return soon to Holiday Inn Express West Long Branch, and that our Express Start Breakfast Bar will “wow” you.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for just one night midweek in April. As hotels go, this was very nice, had adequate amenities, and suited my business needs just fine.

The hotel was easy to get to, right off the main road. Parking was plenty and the limited staff that I came across was friendly. The room was smaller than most that I have stayed at, but was very clean. My room was on the third floor and was very quiet. I had absolutely no noise from the street in the room. The hotel did play music in the hallway which I could hear in the room, but was only mildly noticeable. The bed was a little harder than I would have liked, and my sleep suffered for that. Also, there were no black-out blinds, so it was a little bright.

The workout room had two treadmills (one was out of service at the time), one elliptical, one bike and some free weights. The room was a bit small for all the equipment. There was a pool that I did not use as well.

Breakfast was decent. There were some hot options, like eggs (pre-made, like you would find at Dunkin Donuts), bacon, and biscuits. Plenty of bagels, breads, rolls, and cereal with some fruit and yogurt. Not the best breakfast, but it served my need to get me going.

Overall the hotel was nice, clean and a good value.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed there and had an excellent experience. . From the friendly desk staff, to the clean well appointed rooms,to the excellent breakfast buffet ,the stay could not have been better .The rate was very reasonable for the quality of the facility and surpassed many hotels tht we have stayed at whose rates were substantially higher.
We booked there because of its proximity to the event that we scheduled to attend and were pleasantly surprised. We will definitely book there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chai2424
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This was our first time ever in a Holiday Inn Express, after a few bad motel experiences in the past we decided to spend a bit more to have no worries. This hotel totally fullfilled our expectations. Front desk gave me a good price and as I requested a room on the top floor. Very quiet and great bed. I really liked the pattern on the floor and chair, the elephant towel and the pool was nice too, unfortunaty there wasn't a hot tub.
Breakfast was good and large with a lot of different things to eat.
I would definately stay here again !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch? Share your experiences!