“Loved the Hot Tub by the Pool”

La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Loved the Hot Tub by the Pool”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

One of the only hotels in the Jersey shore area with a indoor pool and hot tub! I would definitely stay there again as the hot tub is the big sell to me. They have them in the rooms too but I prefer the big hot tub!!!! Breakfast was great and rooms were comfy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff at the hotel was friendly but the room was very musty smelling, like a damp rag. I booked a king room with jacuzzi, and when I got there, it had hair and dirt in the jets of the tub that was held together with glue stains and in poor shape. The jets looked dirty and I would not set foot in the tub. I expressed my concerns at the front desk and they immediately moved me to another room, with a newer tub that wasn't held together with glue, and didn't have hair or dirt in the jets. It was much cleaner. The staff was very friendly so I will give them that. However, both rooms (first and second) had a bad smell. They had a moldy musty smell in the air that I did not like and it made me feel gross the whole time I was there. I am glad I only stayed one night, I would not return. I left a comment card about the smell. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre but as expected, bagels/cereal/yogurt/waffles. Nothing special but nothing horrible either. The bed was clean, the sheets were clean, and the room was otherwise clean. My review might have been 'average' if it wasn't for the smell or the first room we got with the dirty hair-filled tub.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these West Long Branch hotels

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a large group staying here for a wedding. A few misunderstandings over the phone about reservations had us a bit nervous, but from the moment we arrived, our worries were dispelled. Staff was very friendly and graciously accommodated the special needs of our party. Our rate was excellent; this is not a luxury hotel, nor is it meant to be, but everything I encountered in the facility was new, clean and tasteful. Breakfast is fairly bare-bones, but about what you'd expect for the price, and waffles are a nice feature. Bathrooms are pristine and bedding is very comfy. Rooms, while not huge are quite adequate, with good tvs, wifi, fridge, microwave, iron, desk and easy chair.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
md
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'll start with the little things.... I stayed with my husband and two young childrenfor two nights paying OVER $200 per night and i receive a tiny room with walls sticking out into the walk way for a closet that im sure almost nobody uses let alone can bare to look at. A 19" tv on the wall almost to the ceiling (how can you see that?) Outlets are totally hidden. I tried to plug my phone in next to the bed and found no outlet. I tried to plug my computer in while sitting at the desk and found no outlet. I tried to make coffee in the morning with the 'in room' coffee maker and found no outlet anywhere near it. Like seriously, is it that hard to make one thing convenient?? So i try to take a shower and to my disgusting surprise.. i find a USED bar of soap just sitting there in the shower! EWW!!! Breakfast is worst than continental. Theres like nothing but waffles that are like air, tiny donuts, tiny bagels and hard boiled eggs.. DAMN, can you spare the hundreds of dollars i just gave you?? My babies were woken up in the middle of the night and morning by a huge pitbull directly across the hall from us barking. My husband, myself and my kids were walking inside from a side entry and directly in front of the door literally in front of the door, in the light, was a college aged man PEEING on the wall, with his friends right there watching like this is normal!! I just about flipped out on this moron.. my 3yr old asks me "whats that man doing?" In the morning at checkout, a man asks me, "How was your stay?" I said, "Not good at all." So he hands me a piece of paper ripped in half with questions on why your stay was not enjoyable. I was like, REALLY? I filled it out even more upset now that they dont care you had a terrible time and i left. This was the worst trip i had even been on and i would NEVER return to this disgusting hotel..!!!

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mrs f
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my father, brother & 1 year old son for 4 nights. I had two rooms - a double queen and a king. On the 3rd might, I took 3 of the pillows from one room and brought them to the other room to place around my son so he wouldn't fall out of bed. We checked out of both rooms this morning and this evening, I received a voice mail informing me I had essentially stolen 3 pillows and works be charged $25 per pillow. I immediately called the hotel and explained what happened and was told my credit card had already been charged. Absolutely absurd. I will be reporting this hotel to the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's office, and La Quinta's national offices.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank jenday1027
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reeks of the smell of mildew in the hallways and rooms. Apparently the management is trying to rectify it since 2012 (BEFORE Sandy) when we stayed there. We had stayed in 2011 and there was no indication of a mildew problem at that time. It seems that something major had happened to cause this problem and there needs to be a major investigation as to why this problem exists. Haven't the owners heard of allergies and side effects of mold and mildew!!? Are they not aware of such diseases as Legionnaire's disease??!
There are dehumidifiers in various locations but they don't seem to help the problem. The smell in our room on the second floor (which, btw, was difficult to reach w heavy suitcases) had such a bad smell of mildew that it was nauseating. We were sorry we hadn't left after one night. I have reported this to the NJ State Board of Health and encourage anyone else who has encountered this problem to do the same.
The room appears nice but there are no mats provided in the tub to avoid slippage. This hotel is in a convenient location for events at Monmoth Race Track as well as going to the beach so find another place to stay even if it means going out farther for a place to stay. My husband and I never intend to stay here again!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NonniSandra
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!