“Better than sleeping in your car... slightly better”

La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We loaded our luggage on a cart, took the elevator to the second floor to find the elevator takes you to a banquet/conference area not the rooms area. We wheeled the cart to the small set of (down) stairs where we unloaded the cart, carried bags down the stairs, and loaded the luggage to a cart provided at the bottom of the stairs. Then we rolled the cart down the VERY long, muggy, hot hallway. Look at the satellite image and you will see the room part of this hotel has to be about 100 yards long. It was far more work than I wanted to do just to get to the room.

One stairway had to have been at least 100 degrees. I have never experienced anything like it at a hotel. A computer for guest use was provided near the front desk. After deciding checking email wasn't worth sitting in an area where you actually are sweating from the heat, my friend mentioned the air conditioners in the common areas not working. The desk clerk replied they were working fine. Clearly the definition of "fine" for my friends and I is quite different.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ConnieBL

A TripAdvisor Member
Clifton, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this location with my wife and two year old son in July 2013. We had a great experience and were pleased with the friendly service from hotel staff. The hotel is well maintained and rooms are clean. It's located near just about every retail store you can think of and best of all only 15-20 minutes from the beach. Only complaint, is the beds were a bit uncomfortable but I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I used to like La Quinta but last year we found BED BUGS!! we were able to take pictures and put like four of them in a plastic bag.We found them over the bed, over the pillows....they gave us another room.This year we went back-given them the benefit of the doubt- and guess what...bed bugs again!.....of course I took one of those things to the front desk and they gave me another room,next morning at the check out the manager will not even apologize they said that they can not tell if THAT was a bed bug or something else,I told the manager this happened last year too you need to do something about this and he just said that they will call the pest control and if there was an infestation they will call me to give me a compensation of course they NEVER call me back...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
8  Thank Tessigairam
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and I DON'T recommend it. They had dehumidifiers in the hallway, 3 industrial sized. The room smelled musty and moldy. We called and asked for a room spray to help with the smell, I was told to come get it from the front desk, eventually someone brought it to our room. The guy sprayed the room with some sort of cleaner. They offered to bring a dehumidifier to our room, but never brought it. When I asked if they had a water problem they said no, sometimes this "just happens". The customer service was terrible, they didn't offer to move our room or anything. I would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta after spending a day at Long Branch beach. The hotel was about 4 miles from the beach which was nice. The hotel was clean, spacious and the staff friendly. When ordering out, the delivery person brings your food to your room. The breakfast in the morning was very good. They had coffee, tea, cereaul, yogurt, fruit and you could make your own waffles which was nice. There was a decent size dining area and an outside dining area which was nice as well. The hotel was very secure and you needed to use your key card to get into the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor but would recommend staying on the second floor as we could hear people...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived for check in at this establishment right around 3pm, we were in town for a sports event so it was just an overnight trip. Upon getting into the room, it stank, it was really musky, we didnt say anything though as we thought we'd give it the benefit of the doubt as maybe the room sat empty for a while, (meanwhile, there were dehumidifiers all up and down the hall, i didnt really pay too much attention, (it's summer on the east coast...it's humid!) So we knock down the AC temp in the room to 65 degrees (as it was off) and cranked up the fan to get some air flow and circulation while we headed out to see if that assisted with the musky mold smell.

Back to the room around 10:30pm, only for it to be worse, about 5 mins into being into the room, my sinus's and head start pounding, (for the record, I'm not allergic to anything! )So we call down to the front desk and ask for some kind of spray, we explain the situation, (which at this point cannot be a surprise to them as there are 8 dehumidifiers outside of our room all down the halls, management clearly know there's a problem...we had put 2+2 together at this point, we knew there was a problem!) The front desk offer to send someone down with some spray and offered up a dehumidifier, which we graciously accepted! 5 mins later, a young man appears with what seems to be a bottle of Windex in his hand and he proceeds to spray the room, he leaves (professing there is no problem and he has no idea why there are dehumidifiers galore set at random throughout the premises, denying any problem at all.) Another 5 mins later we receive a call and again we stress the need for the dehumidifier, at this point it's past 11pm, we needed to get up at 4am for an event, needless to say, no dehumidifier showed up.

No sleep...Migraine from mold..4am wake up!

We check out at 11 after the event and i hand the key in, a man asks me in a rather non caring manner, "how was your stay?" I explain the problem with the smell, stressing i have a migraine and the stay was quite unpleasant and clearly there are some health risks with what's going on here, he asks if i called up front for anyone to do anything about it? I explain the scenario from the prior evening and that no dehumidifier showed up. "Well, why didnt you callback, he argumentatively barked back at me!" Really, did I need to explain the 4 hours of sleep I had to prepare me for a Triathlon!? I'm the customer and you're arguing with me!? So I explain that we just really needed to sleep and the 4am wake up call didn't provide us time to hang out, he then starts to converse with another man behind the desk in another language that wasn't English right in front of me, he then turns to me after glancing down at his computer stating that I refused the dehumidiifier and only asked for a "spray" of some sort, which was blatantly untrue. I really felt they are trying to cover something up here and when I asked him why he was arguing with me, he asked me "what am I supposed to do for you I can only tell you what is written down here!?" I was really floored by this lack of customer service and with my head pounding from that smell, I just had to get out of there! Needless to say, I'll be contacting the NJ State Health Department as well as LaQuinta HQ to let them know, I've never written a review before but I feel so strongly on this property that people could get sick that I must tell my story. Pics of the dehumidifiers are below, i just wish i could emphasize on here how bad that smell was!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tri_M0m
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We checked into La Quinta Inn in Long Branch on July 26th and checked out an hour later. Upon arriving we were told there was no point to using the luggage cart because for some reason there are steps to get to our room. So my husband has to carry all of our bags up (they did not offer to help). We do not travel light because we have a 9 month old, so you can imagine!!

That was nothing, though. When we entered the room I was disgusted. It smelled TERRIBLE. The curtains had dirt on them. The furniture was very worn, scratched up, and broken. The computer chair had holes in it and big tears that they didn't bother to even repair. The shower had HAIR in it. I was shocked because the reveiews hadn't sounded this bad but it was so gross, I was shocked. I took a shower because we were in a rush to make it to dinner reservations we had w friends. When I got out and took a towel I saw it had yellow stains ALL over it. I was completely grossed out. My husband called and explained the towels were dirty and asked for new ones.

Here is the worst part.. The girl, Amia (spelling?) at the front desk calls back and asks us to come get them. I explained we were in a rush and asked to have them brought up. She got extremely annoyed and had the worst attitude. I told her I wasn't happy, the towels were dirty and they should be apologizing and offering to bring new ones, not expecting us to go get them!! It wasn't our fault they left dirty towels. She told me not to speak to her like that with the worst attitude I'd ever heard. I told her tye room was dirty and we were thinking about checking out. Instead if apologizing and offering another room like any hotel with decent customer service would do, she told me to come down, she'd get everything together for me to check out, again, huge attitude! I told her I was shocked and she replied not to talk to her like that again and HUNG UP ON ME.

I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel in my life. I was seriously shocked. Sam called back to apologize but at the point I was done. Despite the huge inconvenience we checked out. It was better not to have our little one somewhere so dirty anyway.

My advice... FIND somewhere else to stay!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Bpolanco
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!