“happy camper”

La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was booked into 9 nights here and discovered that the room I had booked was not what was available for Night #1. The manager and his assistant got me into the correct room on Night #2-even offered to move my belongings for me. All of this was down with smiles. Pool is a nice thng to have in 90 degree weather. AC in room kept the hallway noise to a minimum. Front desk staff helpful and pleasant no matter when you see them. Breakfast adequate, but well maintained.

A La Quinta traveler
Mechanicsville, VA
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were originally booked at another nearby hotel, but had a last minute change of plan and needed to bring our dog along with us. This is the reason we ended up at the La Quinta. We did definitely like their pet policy, as we dislike paying huge pet fees for our dog who doesn't cause any damage. Not really sure it was worth the switch, though.

This was our first stay at a La Quinta, so I'm not sure how similar this one is to others of the brand. Arrival was fairly easy, just had to sign lots of paperwork. Got up to our room which was okay. We were in an Executive King. We had my husband and myself, our 11 year old son, and baby. We booked that room because there was a bit of separation between the bedroom and sitting area, and also because there were two televisions. That was definitely a plus, as we don't always want to watch the Disney channel! The room also seemed clean. When we folded out the sofa bed, it was missing quite a few of the springs that attached the netting part to the frame. My son did fine on it, but my husband went right through when he leaned over to hug him goodnight. Not really impressed with that.

There was a good little space in the bedroom area with room for our pack and play. Our bed was also quite comfortable, although there was only a nightstand on one side of the bed. The clock wasn't even on the nightstand, but over on the desk. Not a big deal and easily moved, but just kind of strange. Not a lot of lighting in the room so it was always kind of dim. Again, not a huge problem. Just little things that were adding up.

The strangest part of the room was the bathroom. When you walked in, there was this space between the bath/shower and the wall. Like the back of the tub had the wall there, and then there was about a 15" space before the wall of the bathroom. It was a couple feet deep. Nothing there. It was just this awkward open space. Maybe if there were some shelves built in there to hold towels or something it would make sense, but otherwise it was just wasted space. Another weird thing about the bathroom was that the door opened towards the vanity. So if the bathroom door was open, you couldn't be standing at the sink doing make up or whatever. This was an issue one morning while we were there. We had a wedding to attend, and it was an early morning event. I showered first, and then was going to do my makeup and hair while my husband showered. The kids were still asleep so I couldn't turn the lights on and do it in the room area. While he showered, I had to have the door closed to be able to see into the mirror. Unfortunately, there's not a fan for the bathroom, or at least not one that works well, so the mirror was completely foggy. I would have opened the door to clear some of it, but again, then I couldn't see or stand there. I just thought that was not well thought out and it really did lower my impression of the room. We can't be the first couple trying to get ready at the same time who have had that problem!

The pool area was nice. Small pool, but the decor was pretty. Looked like a faux stone finish, and went around the jacuzzi as well. The hot tub was wonderful. Definitely enjoyed that! There was also a nice patio outside the pool that looked nice. Breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and muffins, donuts, cereal, eggs, and make your own waffles. It worked and got us fed, but we weren't impressed. There was, though, a guy working in the breakfast area who did impress us. He was constantly sweeping and refilling things and did a really great job. He was very friendly.

There were just a lot of little things about this hotel that were off. Had the price been less than the other place I was going to stay at, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. But when they have the same price as a nicer place in the same area, you expect a similar standard. I get that it's a beach area and during the summer you can have higher prices, but it didn't seem worth to me.

2  Thank iowakrb
A TripAdvisor Member
Mansfield, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visit the jersey shore at least twice a year. My stays are usually two nights at the La Quinta in West Long Branch NJ. Every time I walk into the room it feels like it's brand new ! It is always updated and impeccably clean. I insist on a quiet room, with a comfortable bed and a big compfy clean bath tub. With La Quinta i get all that and more. The Staff goes above and beyond to be helpful and make me feel like a welcomed guest. I look forward to my twice yearly getaways, feels like a luxury retreat to me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few La Quinta properties and generally find hem a good value and acceptable accommodations. Checked in last evening about 11:00. Front desk staff was friendly and courteous. Went to our assigned room and found it not ready for new quests. Bed was unmade, lights on, etc. Returned to front desk and they were very apologetic and accommodating. Changed us to an "Executive King" room that seems like a regular room but more crowded with a partial wall and sofa. Room just a big bowl of OK.

The standard LQ breakfast is not a lot to praise and the one at this property seems a bit below even that standard. The juice is overly diluted and the coffee just plain bad. The single serving coffee machine in the room was better, only there is no place into which to plug it anywhere near where it is located.

My chief complaint is that this just does not seem to be a $150/night room, even in the area in which it is located. Just not a good value for what we are getting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chifarmer
Reviewed May 30, 2013

How often can you say that checking into a hotel at 1AM, or that a trip to the front desk, can be fun?! Arriving late Saturday night after a long day of travel, and then again the next day after busy day, the front desk staff was wonderful. No matter the hour of the day or how long their shift they were engaged, cheerful, and incredibly helpful. When I described what kind of food I was wanted for dinner, the woman at the front desk not only knew of a great local restaurant that fit the bill perfectly, she printed me a menu, gave me her personal favorites, and helped me place the order. The hotel is very convenient to all of the local attractions, and is very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at laQuinata for the weekend because of a baseball tournament. We were a little further away from the baseball field then we wanted to be but were very happy with our hotel. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful!!! Everyone was so helpful. We were there with 2 other families and 8 children. They kept the pool open late for us and let us use the breakfast room when we brought in pizza for our families. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Thank you to all of them. My only negative comment is that the floors were very slippery when wet. Both in the guestroom (bathroom and hall) and in the pool area. Other then that our weekend was very comfortable and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!