“Cheaper alternative to Ocean Place”

La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed there for three days to attend a conference at the more expensive Ocean Place. The property was well maintained and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was simple, but good, and the breakfast area was clean

Room Tip: Free WIFI and free terminal in lobby
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 15, 2011

When you need a hotel room near Long Branch and you don't want to pay to stay in Long Branch, this is where you go! The rate is high when you consider the location, but as part of a wedding group this was our place. The front desk staff were polite and friendly when we checked in but miserable when we checked out. Other reviews are accurate - the first floor rooms are musty and moldy with doors to empty rooms propped open to the hallway (to circulate air?). Everyone in our party who stayed on the first floor was complaining about it. Our room on the second floor was a little musty, but the smell went away as soon as we put the AC on. The bathroom door set up is really weird where you can't stand at the sink counter with the door open. This gets very tricky when two people are going back and forth to the bathroom counter to get ready. It also makes for a sweltering time of blow drying hair as you have to have the door closed if you want to reach the blow dryer on the wall. Other than that, the beds were very comfortable, the towels were plush and soft, and the mini fridge and microwave were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor, and bring some air freshener or a candle.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel, and have a love/hate relationship with it. I was part of a wedding block, so I didn't have much of a choice as to where I stayed, but I'll never be staying with another LaQuinta again.

First, let me say that the front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. But how do I know this? Well, it's because there was mold growing in my room. It was coming from the A/C unit, it was growing all over the drapes, and the carpet was damp so I have to guess it was growing there too. It was like this in 8 different rooms I was in over the course of the weekend. Because the hotel was booked up, we could not be moved upstairs where it was dry until our 2nd night. The front desk staff (Paul, in particular) set us up with a dehumidifier which definitely helped, however, I woke up sweating (because we couldn't turn the moldy A/C on all night), coughing and sneezing with a raspy voice. I'm still sick, over a week later. Nobody seemed concerned about the growing mold, either. My mold allergy aside, that's a terrible health concern for anyone! It should have been fixed immediately.

The next day, we were moved to a room upstairs, which was quite enjoyable, actually. It was clean, fresh, and comfortable.

When I contacted corporate, my concern was forwarded to the specific hotel, they contacted me and, after me asking for a refund, they offered me 10% off. Woooo...don't get too generous! Seriously? I paid $168+tx for the first night, got sick, couldn't be comfortable or healthy, and you're giving me a whole $16.80 off? Yay? I finally talked her up to 15%, but I'm still displeased. Had they offered a future comped room at another LaQuinta, I may have gone back at some point to another one. But now I won't. No thanks.

Besides all this, I was quoted $159+tx when I reserved over the phone but charged $168. They didn't care.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs on the road side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The worst hotel stay ever !! This hotel is attracts a low class of savages.... I just left today. When we checked in we signed a waiver saying we will not be partying which I thought was good since I'm on vaca with my mother . This would make u think this is a nice quiet hotel...WRONG...at midnight I was awakened by children running around screaming in the hotel by 2am they were banging into our dooor at 5am some was trying to get into our room and peank calling....6am the kids are running around the hallways again. Also someone must of been having a party because at music was blasting and doors we constantly like ever 2 minutes. I told the manager...her reaponse was I can't do anything about it. SMFH.... if u like the ghetto u will luv this hotel...fyi this hotel is very far from the beach and ever other attraction

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank shellz420
Reviewed August 19, 2011

First time in Long Branch, New Jersey. We were very disappointed by the weather (one day of sunshine over 7 days) but La Quinta was very pleasant. Hotel well located considering very, very few hotels on beach (only saw 2 in Long Branch ;approx. 10 min. by car to beach with no traffic) very clean, breakfast adequate but repetitive; building has 2 floors but elevator does not have direct access to 2nd floor rooms; must take some stairs, slightly inconvenient; prices reasonable and staff is nice.

Room Tip: hotel has two floors with elevator, but elevator does not give direct access to 2nd floor; must go u...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here while doing the "Undie 5K" race. Family of 4. Check in, check out..everything went smooth and fine. Rate was 140 a night..that is great for the NJ shore..and they let you book just one night. Breakfast was fine, actualy pretty good. Waffles, Boiled eggs, cereal....more then I thought we would get. I can't comment on the pool because we did not use it..but the hotel was Clean and had a very clean smell. No Smoking Hotel and there were signs everywhere.

Best thing was the price and the inexpensiveness to use the beach, which was only a 6 minute drive away. For us this is our new place to stay and take a beach day. It only cost 12 bucks for a family of 4 to hit the beach and they (long branch) have made one of the nicest boardwalks around. Not for rides..but awesome to walk, shop and dine. Nice bars and places to eat. I would stay here in a heart-beat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mauisurfman
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I decided to go to the shore for a few days last week ( went to the beach at Belmar & Avon). For the night between, stayed at La Quinta W Long Branch.
Property was clean, decent morning breakfast, close to beaches.
For the money was a good value with proximity to the shore.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!