“Economy chain hotel great value in proximity to the Jersey Shore!”

La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
Farmington, CT
“Economy chain hotel great value in proximity to the Jersey Shore!”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Needed to find a place to stay in the area to attend a family event and found this location very convenient and a great value, with pricing in the mid 60's for each night. This two-story hotel looked relatively new and clean. Located right off route 36, traffic could be heard constantly and the hotel offered no views, yet, location and pricing outweighed those complaints. Liberal check-in time of 1PM and check-out time 11AM.
The hotel offered free wi-fi, local calls, parking, daily continental breakfast and all the other usual amenities great for families traveling such as hairdryer, in-room coffee, microwave, refrigerator, iron, pool, hot tub. Our first floor room contained an under-window air conditioner and heater with a slight musty odor, but the room was very, very clean. Unfortunately, the adjoining rooms did NOT have connecting rooms.
The hotel has a strict "no smoking" policy, with a $250 fine for violation. Pets are allowed on a leash. The hotel has a strict "no party" policy and will require guests to sign a contract upon checking in to agree with the rules. Cameras are placed in the corridor's entrances for webcam security. I am a fan of decorum and safety for the sake of all guests' stays. However, hotels are in the guest business, which is why I think my biggest criticism was the unfriendliness of the staff during our 2 day stay. Staff offered no smiles, no greetings, and we were stared at whenever we left the room (as if the staff was told to be suspicious of all guests or really hated their jobs).
Nevertheless, great value at the mid 60's price.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room for less noise.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DDTFarmington_CT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Austin, TX
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We arrived late and left early. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean, but had a strange smell. Continental breakfast was just that...good, but nothing fancy. Not a bad hotel, but probably not a place I'd choose to stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LakeLizard
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This place is clean, quiet, and only about 7 minutes to the way more expensive resorts on the beach. I saw the rooms at Ocean Place because other family was staying at there. The rooms were not nearly as nice or clean as La Quinta. And, I was able to stay for 3 nights at La Quinta for the expense of one night at Ocean Place. There was free breakfast, but we did not have it because we slept in. If you miss it like us, there is a diner across the street with great food. The rooms are very modern and nice. The beds and bedding were wonderful (and this is an extremely important part of the trip for me.) The worst thing was probably the towels were a little rough....but not a big deal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlsskate
Bloomfield, NJ
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The room was clean and fairly standard. My biggest disappointment was that there was not a door between the fold out couch where my 2 young children slept and the king size bed where we slept. It is false advertising to call this a 2 room suite! There was in fact very little room to move around the room once the couch was unfolded. The breakfast was the standard: cereal and make-your-own waffles on styrofoam plates. The location to the beach (5 minutes) was convenient.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Long Branch NJ
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I attempted to make a reservation and asked about the pet policy. You can bring your pet but can not leave them in the room. Pets are not allowed in the pool area or breakfast area so how I am to use those? Also this means I cant not go out to eat or to the store. I can't leave my pet in a hot car, it's around 90 degrees out in the day, she could die and I could get arrested! When I asked The man on the phone Elman what should I do with my pet if I need to go out or use the pool he said I don't know and just kept repeating the pet policy.
I asked him for the corporate number and he gave me reservations. The man at reservations said he sees no reason why I cant leave my pet in the room. The hotel needs to review their policy as now I am going to the red roof inn instead. Rude and unreasonable no thanks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank neenaP

Travelers are raving about these West Long Branch hotels

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed here one night with my daughter on our way to another location. It was just a stopover. Our room had a cracker on the floor and a cardboard box that a six pack of beer comes in laying on the floor. Makes me wonder if it was ever cleaned and if it was, how well was it cleaned? Were the sheets cleaned? Couldn't trust them after that. Stains all over the hallway carpet. Dirty. Desk people's accents were a little bit hard to understand. Besides dirty, very plain and cold. Couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dc120
Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2010

stayed 2 day weekend and was happy to find a friendly, helpful staff along ith rally nice rooms. Breakfast was good with several choices. We will be looking to come back for another stay next time. only 15 minutes to ocean grove.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Cedars & Beeches
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!