“Excellent Turkish cuisine”

Cinar Turkish Restaurant 2
Reserve with OpenTable
Cinar Turkish Restaurant 2 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Visited 01/20/2018 for dinner with neighbors
This Turkish restaurant was recommended to us by a Turkish couple, so not too much of a risk in going here.
To start... the ambiance is very nice... if a bit loud.
We started off with the mixed sample grill and some lebneh. All of which was excellent... even the babaganoush, of which I'm not a big fan. But the lebneh... OH my! Just wonderful.
The entrees were: Bodrum Cokertme Kebab, (served with crispy shredded potatoes in a tomato butter sauce with garlic yogurt), Lamb shank (served with mashed potatoes and green beans), Hunkar Begendi (served with a light tomato sauce over warm eggplant puree) and the Turkish dumplings (small ravioli-like dumplings handmade in our kitchen, stuffed with lamb and onions and served with house made garlic yogurt and butter). Again, everything this was terrific and every plate of each of these entrees was 'licked' clean. (ok... not really)
The waitress service was very prompt, friendly and courteous... and the prices are all very reasonable.
So, why only 4 stars? Minor things really... the loudness is one thing. (I just hate having to yell at my wife or friend sitting across the table in order to continue the conversation.) The other is, it's dark.' Additional lighting (smart phone lite) was necessary in order to be able to read the menu. I suppose the darkness helps make the 'ambiance'... but a little more light please.
My wife also complained that her dish could have been a bit hotter, but then she likes her meals REALLY hot, so there's that.
Overall, this is a pretty terrific 'new' restaurant we just found. We look forward to going back again... maybe for lunch when it's not so dark.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

We started with the Cinar salad. A healthy portion for two people with good flover and alot of fresh ingredients. Main course of grilled salmon filet was disappointing. Small portion of fish and not much flavor. I'm not a lamb fan and the non lamb options were somewhat limited. Service was good, price was reasonable but will likely not return.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Friday night around 7pm, I called about 30 min ahead and made reservations. When we got there the place was pretty packed but people seem to come and go rather quickly. The food here is pretty good, dishes here are a twist of Mediterranean cuisine. We had the special (stuffed grape leaves) as our main dish and the yogurt chicken gyro. We liked our food, service is good and it’s byob.

I would come back here again

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Let's start with what I like about Cinar Turkish Restaurant 2. They have a large parking which can accommodate a very busy weekend of dining. The tables are spread out enough to not create a mobility problem. The décor is elegant with bright colored walls and some Turkish accents but not over the top with lighting being on the dim register. The food is authentic Turkish cuisine with an extensive menu. All the food is homemade including the desserts. A SYSCO truck does not pull up to the back door. Your meal starts with complimentary bread and olive oil. I really enjoyed the red lentil soup ($6.95) and the mixed Kebab platter for 2 ($38.95). The Baklava ($6.95) was decent but not exceptional in my opinion. It's bring your own liquor and there is no corking or serving fee. They have specials including lunch specials ($12.95). You can order online. I do wish they had lunch specials on weekends because I eat dinner rather early. Prices are consistent with other Turkish restaurants in the area. Most of the menu seems to be Kebabs and lamb dishes with a few vegetarian options. The table next to ours placed an order from the menu but it was not available. If you enjoy Turkish food this is a solid choice.

1  Thank duck8to
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Very nice restaurant with a friendly staff. We have been to Turkey and we were not sure if we would be happy with the food. Happy to say the food was very good and we will be back to try some of their specials.