“A Berlin NJ Institution”
Review of Los Amigos

Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in West Berlin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Los amigos is a family run restaurant in the area for almost 41 years. Casual friendly bar with great drinks and happy hour.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place has been here since I was a kid. Continues to deliver good quality Mexican/American food. Service is always pleasant, many servers have been here for years.

It's a consistent once a month Friday night stand by for us. Always enjoy, price is right and service is nice. Really like the stuffed pepper appetizer, taco's and fajitas.

Keep your expectation moderate and you won't go wrong here.

There are newer reviews for Los Amigos

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Plain Doritos-like chips straight out of an old bag; cumin hyped salsa out of a jar; a heap of shredded pork with an overage of green bell peppers all meant to be carnitas; refried beans out of a can; a couple of spoonfulls of yellow number two rice; some ketchup-like orange colored sauce. And, a waitperson who guessed that the look on my face when she asked "How was the food?", actually meant 'awful'. She was right, AWFUL. No va; no mas; nunca.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

imI'm not cheap but for $90 I could have went to the library n got a surf n turf for me n my friend. Anyways. They messed my friends order up, my soup was good out of everything. Way over priced n I hate how the people in there think its a center city eatery. Ok. Step above taco bell. My crab quesadilla came late after my friends, my drinks were average, the waitress didn't come to us enough, n I hated the calamatie which was undercooked or cheap cuz it was chewy! The waitress could have seen that we hated our food we boxed it all to go. I took it home for the dog. Expensive dog food. Never again. Feel bad the owner is nice but he better get some quality control. Betterfood at don pablos.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We think this place is somewhat overpriced for entrees so ordered two appetizers each. My husband's white bean cowboy soup special drew raves as did the very spicy mussels tequila. I had red snapper ceviche which was citrusy and had plenty of fish. Also loved the rare tuna tacos - all in all too much protein so had to take ceviche home. Empty restaurant on a summer Friday and used valpac $10 coupon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

So...this was not a good experience for me and my family. Lets see where I begin. Aside from the good service(waitress) and the atmosphere, we were highly disappointed. All those of you that want to eat authentic Mexican food this is not the the place for you. If you want to eat rice that taste like it came from a box, beans that came from a can, guacamole that you can't taste the avocado because it has too much lime and a price that exceeds value and amount of the food then this is the place for you. We order a mojito and it was completely watered down. Now don't get me wrong, the food was edible but it had no touch of true Mexico but all American cooking with a Mexican name affixed to it. Just a hit for those that want to eat authentic Mexican food, just ask for Horchata and if the waitress/waiter looks at you strange and tells you that they don't make that then it's time for you to get up and go.