“A Great Place to bring the kids !”
Review of Sahara Sam's Oasis

Sahara Sam's Oasis
More attraction details
Owner description: Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in NJ now offers outdoor Water Park fun all year with amusements, water slides, water attractions, birthday parties, and arcade games to the New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia area families. Located in West Berlin, NJ. Sahara Sam's-Where It's Always 84 Degrees and Sunny™
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We really enjoyed Sahara Sams because it's not so big that you can lose sight of your kids, but there are enough slide choices that the kids don't get bored. The game room has a great variety that our kids enjoyed. The staff are friendly, and do a great job of keeping things clean, and the towels stocked. I would definately recommend this waterpark to my friends and family.

1  Thank jack c
"membership"
"scout"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had my daughter, Makaylia's 8th birthday party here last night. Both the kids and the adults had a blast!! We took advantage of the Thursday discounted party and it worked well for us. Due to the time of year we only had use of the indoor portion of the facility but it was more than enough for us. The kids in the party were aged 5-18 and they all loved it. The staff was very friendly and they made sure we had an enjoyable experience. Daniel Freehling, the operations manager even sang and danced for my daughter when we sang happy birthday. The facility itself was very clean and the temperature was nice and cozy. There was ample storage lockers for our personal belongings and they were conveniently located near the bathrooms. Each attraction had very attentive life guards on duty which enabled me to relax and have my own fun. I didn't feel the need to stand by and watch the kids in the water as I felt reassured that they were safe. It fit into our budget and gave us a lot of bang for our buck. We had tuna hoagies, turkey hoagies, pizza and hot wings. The food was better than I had expected. The hot wings were good and the hoagies were fresh and tasty. The pizza was average. Overall, I would highly recommend it and we already started to plan a return visit.

7  Thank Tanisha H
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I reserved a party for my daughter's 1st birthday. I had been previously and thought it was ok. I figured that with all the additions it would be even better.

When we arrived, we were led through the madness into a seperate party area. We waited approxametly 15 minutes while the party ahead of us scraped up moneh to pay for all their guest. Unfortunately for us, this began eating away at our party time. By the time they tagged us and gave us our writ bands 20mins had passed.

The host led us into a separate area and we went trough the park. Honestly for 300+ dollars we spent, the party was VERY underwhelming. Inencountered rude staff more than once, as well as unruly children who line cut and nearly trampled my daughter and her guests.

After the water park we were led to a cramped party room that was fit for amparty of 20, not 37! My guess and I were crammed. I previously ordered food for the party. It was by far the most expensive food I had ever seen. We ordered 3 trays of food, that were supposedly able to feed 10 to 15 each. Mind you 12 of my guests were kids who had their own seperate pizza.

To cut to the chase I nor, several other guests ate, because of the lack of food.Absolutely embarrassing! Each platter fed 3 to 5, not 10 to 15. Had I had know the real amount, I would have ordered more. The part room was also very dark.

Overall it was an OK party, but only because of the positive attitude we kept. I absoloutly would not recommend this place as it is a waste of money. $500 worth by the time you add in food!

4  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been there several times since finding it 1 1/2 years ago. Since they added the outdoor section it is even more fun. Just went again for the Labor Day weekend and all the events they had was a blast. What a good time for the whole family. Make sure you eat at Golden Corral before or after too...it is right across the street. :-)

1  Thank Kelly S
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I went to Sahara Sam's for the afternoon on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I was concerned that it was going to be overly crowded, but was pleased that this was not the case. We waited at most 15-20 minutes to go on a ride, and most there was very little wait. The events for Labor Day, such as the $1 hot dogs and sodas, and ice cream eating contest was a lot of fun, and a good deal. We rented a large locker, and had no problem fitting all of our things in it- we likely could have squeezed everything into a small locker. The bathrooms were decent, and the park was as clean as can be expected. My only complaint would be that I hit my ankle while going down the body slide, and it was bleeding. I went to the First Aid area to get a band aid and some ice and I was told it was closed. They sent me to the booth for the Flow Rider and stated that I could get a bandaid there. The girl did not have any bandaid's and told me I needed to go to the First Aid area. I stated I did and it was closed, and she said she didn't know what to tell me. I sat out for a while until it stopped bleeding, and continued on rides. I am now home and my ankle is very swollen, which likely would not have been the case if I had gotten ice for it when it happened. I find it very concerning that no one seemed to care that I had been injured, nor would help me with this. I don't understand how the First Aid area could be closed when the park was open and full of people. As an adult I can manage, but I can't imagine having an injured crying child and being told too bad.

1  Thank LauraNicole658
SaharaSams, Public Relations Manager at Sahara Sam's Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Laura, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are certainly happy to hear that everyone had a pleasant experience over the holiday weekend. This review was sent directly to our Owner, General Manager, and most importantly our Aquatics Director. To clarify, our First Aid area is never closed during our operating hours. First Aid and guest safety will always take priority at Sahara Sam’s. We believe this was an isolated incident that was a result of a communication challenge. We have reviewed our procedures from the top down to ensure that any confusion like you experienced will not happen again. Let us know how your next trip goes. Thanks again for the review.