“FUN...FUN...FUN !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sahara Sam's Oasis

Sahara Sam's Oasis
More attraction details
Owner description: Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in NJ now offers outdoor Water Park fun all year with amusements, water slides, water attractions, birthday parties, and arcade games to the New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia area families. Located in West Berlin, NJ. Sahara Sam's-Where It's Always 84 Degrees and Sunny™
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“FUN...FUN...FUN !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We attended Sahara Sams in August of 2013. We went as a church group of 55 and had a great time. The staff was very pleasant and professional. The facility was very clean and had lots of amusements for all of our us. Their ages ranged from 1 thru 56. Everyone reported a great time. This was our first visit and we definitely plan to return. I am so grateful that some people still like their jobs. The life-guards were most helpful. Thanks to the group booking guest as well !!

Group Leader of Elkins Park

• Polish first
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun for the family and great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fairly crowded, but my kids never waited more than 2 minutes to get onto an attraction. They had a great day and LOVED the outdoor wave pool!

Also, we made another nice observation. My 8 year old son had gotten in line for the lily pad crossing attraction. After 10 minutes or so, he got out of line because the line wasn't moving. I sent him back in line and then started checking to see what was holding things up.

At the front of the line was a young woman. She kept attempting to step onto the first lily pad, but would get nervous and step back. The life guard kept trying to help her, but to no avail. After watching for a few minutes, I realized that the young woman had special needs, and it became clear that she was not leaving until she got across.

After the lifeguard appeared to have exhausted all her options to no avail, she whistled and waved another lifeguard over. This lifeguard went to the end of the attraction and held the rope still while the other lifeguard kept the lily pad still. Finally the young woman was able to cross, and arrived at the end to cheers and applause from the crowd as she jumped up and down in happiness. She was so proud of herself!

Not once did the lifeguards appear annoyed or frustrated - they were so calm and helpful. I was so impressed! So for all the negative comments you may read, I wanted to share another perspective about something extra special that the staff provided for a customer. They made her day - and ours!

4 Thank Rebecca V
Bridgewater, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“We had the greatest time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We visited on a Tuesday in August, and the crowds were very minimal. There were 8 of us with 4 kids ranging in age from 5-12. We ALL had a great time!! My personal favorite was the tube river, and I think we went around about 45 times :) All 4 kids LOVED the wave generator that you can ride a surfboard on. The slides were also big hits with the kids, and I loved the warming pool :) To ME, it was a little on the cool side in the place, but others didn't feel that way. It was quite cold out and raining so we didn't get to go outside, unfortunately.
The only annoying thing is that the large lockers were sold out and the small lockers are ridiculously small. The small lockers are only a dollar less to rent than the large ones but you need two of them to fit everything! They need to add WAY more large lockers or make the small ones a lot cheaper. The food wasn't bad, a bit expensive and not amazing, but it's what you'd expect from a place like this. The signs outside say that they check bags so no food and water is allowed (which I believed so I left everything in the car!) but they didn't check! Next time, I'll bring in our own drinks and a few snacks and probably not buy food there, only snacks.
We will definitely, DEFINITELY be back!!!

1 Thank JennyC724
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loved it but crowded...Loved it but crowded...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved it but crowded...

It was very fun but it was very crowded. My daughter and I found the facility to be clean and well maintained. Lifeguards well trained and were very attentive. Out favorite attraction was the Mount Kilimanjaro. Highly recommended the park.

Visited July 2013
Medford, NJ
“Outdoor oasis on Route 73”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Some friends suggested we try the new outdoor water facility at Sahara Sams and we were a bit skeptical. We were pleasantly surprised on an overcast Saturday to experience a great outdoor waterpark. We splurged for the outdoor cabana for a little privacy -- they have indoor ones too but this weather was great for outdoors. The water was clean and relatively warm -- and I hate shivering in cold water so this was good --and the lifeguards were fully riveted to their posts watching all the kids in the water. Some parents let their kids run wild but that's par for the course at any waterpark. I've seen lifeguards at other water parks and they have that glazed over look, bored to tears. But this place appears to have lifeguards who really take their jobs seriously. Bathrooms were pretty clean but when everyone is dripping with water, let's face it, they can never be as immaculate as you'd like. Cleaner than I thought they'd be. They have a great outdoor bar and you forget that you're on Route 73 when you get that tropical drink. Our cabana came with nice amenities and we had a really friendly server who was attentive and waited on us and he brought our orders of drinks and food throughout the afternoon. They have a limited drink menu but a few great choices. Pina coladas and Aqua-holic fishbowl drinks -- a touch of the tropics on Route 73. We relaxed and enjoyed the ambience. They say they started to have an adult only swim night on Saturdays and if we can make it, we'll be back!