“A Great Way to Beat the Heat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sahara Sam's Oasis

Sahara Sam's Oasis
More attraction details
Owner description: Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in NJ now offers outdoor Water Park fun all year with amusements, water slides, water attractions, birthday parties, and arcade games to the New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia area families. Located in West Berlin, NJ. Sahara Sam's-Where It's Always 84 Degrees and Sunny™
Turnersville, New Jersey
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A Great Way to Beat the Heat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

This indoor waterpark in South Jersey is a great place to spend the day. The admissions check in could be faster, but once you get in, it's a great place to spend the day on a hot summer day. Sahara Sam's has two individual tube rides called Snake Eyes, and a family size raft, Killemonjaro. They twist and turn outside before you come back into a splash pool. The 4 story climb can become tiring to older legs, but the kids seem to be able to handle this with no problem. There is a Flowrider which is basically a man-made never-ending wave. You boogie board or "flowboard" (surf) the constant rush of water. Once you master the dynamics of the ride, it is a lot of fun. There is a lazy river and hot tub when you need to slow down the pace. Tim-buk-tu is a kid-friendly play area with slides, water guns, and a tipping barrel of water. There is also a kiddie area with swings and small slides. The food is expensive, but there are fast food places nearby. Just be sure to keep your wristband so you can re-enter the park. Lockers and changing areas are provided as well as showers in the bathrooms. They also have an arcade, although the prizes they give out have something to be desired. It was a great day of fun and the staff is helpful and nice.

1 Thank raw729

• Polish first
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A staff that goes above and beyond...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We just came home from spending the day at the park and I just want to say a few words about our visit. I have three boys ages 10,9, and 7. they had a wonderful time. We were there for almost 6 hours total and while the day was relaxing and just overall a pleasant experience, there were several members of the staff that really stood out. First my older two boys psent most there time in the morning with the flow rider attraction and the two guards running this for the morning (their names were Chad and Armilio) were phenominal. They took the time to teach the boys tricks and skills to enjoy the ride more and more. Above and Beyond without a doubt. Another employee that deserves recognition is a guard named Kevin running the ropes course around 1 pm. The course was a big draw for all three of my boys but the youngest was terrfied once he got on the first platform. he wanted to do the course but was scared to move once he was there. Rather than rush him or encourage him to get down, kevin went up and walked with him on the various obstacles. he did not push my son but encouraged him and even held his hand when he needed it. Eventually my son made it up tot he second level and by the time he came down (on his own) he felt so proud for having accompolished it over his fear. I just want to say thanks for having such a compassionate group of young men working there and allowing them the opportunity to really care about the guests. I would return to Sahara Sams for no other reason than I know I can count on a pleasant experience and that I can be assured my children will enjoy themselves. Thanks it does not go unnoticed.

1 Thank goffrv
Northern NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Overall it was pretty good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I went there with my family of 4, 2 teenagers & a 2 year old. The price was amazing. Total cost was $108.00 for all 4 (2 yo is free) this price included the family meal plan, 2 $5 arcade cards & a large locker. My toddler had an amazing time, the lazy river had the perfect water temperature, nice & warm. the other attractions were a little on the colder side but you get used to it after a while. The water rides were fun but there are only two. The lines move pretty quickly & there are plenty of life guards all over the place. Not that much to do after about 2 hours you are pretty much done. The only downside would be that we went when there were a few summer camps there, so it was total chaos (but that's on the part of the camps that don't really supervise the kids & let them run wild). Once the camps left it was great. The teenagers of course were bored after a while but I would say over all for a toddler or any child up to the age of 7 or 8 it is great & plenty to do for small children. They also had plenty of life vests on hand for the smaller kids. Overall it was a great experience & a great way to get away from those hot summer days.

2 Thank j1732
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fourth of July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I took the kids up to visit my brother in NJ. My kids are 8 and 10. My brother had been to Sahara Sam's in the past and his kids loved it. They actually got my kids all pumped up to go there. To be honest, it was a really hot weekend so the fact that this park was indoors was a huge turn on for me. When we showed up we were told there was a fourth of July celebration with a BBQ. The kids had tons of fun in the park. The BBQ was alos great and added to the experience. I would totally recommend visiting Sahara Sam's if you are in the area.

1 Thank olsonsandy
PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Look elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Went today, 7/2/11, might be worth it if they had a wave pool. Kids over 9 will be bored quickly.

1 Thank JOHNNY3366